Championnats de France ELITE 2008 (French Nationals) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Championnats de France ELITE 2008 (French Nationals)

rosee

On the Ice
I see. Thank you.

Uh-hah. Sounds like he's in denial. A not so serious problem with huge consequences reg his trips to this season's Euros and Worlds.

I don't know if he's really in denial. He had a meltdown in the Long. It can happen. His long is demanding: 1 quad, 2 triple axels, 1 triple-triple and he does all the triples.
Nationals in France don't same the same importance as in the US or Canada. You earn you trip at Euros & Worlds based on the overall season not just you place at Nats.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Uh-hah. Sounds like he's in denial. A not so serious problem with huge consequences reg his trips to this season's Euros and Worlds.

I still need to see Alban's skate, but I wouldn't say he's in denial. As he said himself, he's had a great season, this result doesn't change it. I'd say that Alban is on a winning path, he has a lot more confidence than previous seasons. Moreover, Alban tends to be honest with himself, so personnaly I'm not too worried. His problem isn't like Brian's this season, which is a general lack of confidence. This was just a punctual mishap.

nolwenn

Rinkside
The french team for the european championship has been announced :

Men : Brian Joubert, Yannick Ponsero, Alban Préaubert.
sub. : Florent Amodio.

Ladies : Candice Didier.

Couples : Adeline Canac - Maximin Coia + test for a second couple.

Dance : Isabelle Delobel - Olivier Schoenfelder, Nathalie Péchalat - Fabian Bourzat, Pernelle Carron - Mathieu Jost.
sub : Zoé Blanc - Pierre-Loup Bouquet, Terra Findley - Benoît Richaud.

Last edited:

rosee

On the Ice
Not the test for the couples . At that point it would be better to send C&B since we don't really know how important Yannick's injury is :frown2:
And C&B did a really good job at Nats ans last year at Euros. They deserve to go to Euros this year IMO.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Did you guys take a look at the protocols? I really love Ponsero's skating - but Amodio actually beat him on the tech score. At the end of the day Ponsero landed "only" a superb Quad and just 3 clean Triples. Those jumps were of extraordinary quality, but he needs more to succeed at Euros. And he is always doubling the same jumps at the end of his program - the Loop, or not doing the 3-3 sequence. I just hope he'll find a way to get over that.

But those first three jumps were just amazing, nothing to argue there. His Quad is just sublime, the Axel looked incredible and the Lutz is beautiful. He got a few +3 GOE for Quad and Axel - and those were simply well deserved.

Oh boy, the talent that is Florent Amodio. Just watched his exhibition. The fact that he lands all Triples and is apparently working on the Quad would be great anyway - but I am just so excited about him because he is such a dancer, so musical (very few can vary their speed according to the music), his body can be extremely relaxed, but he also can achieve great extension with his moves. The hip-hop moves in his exhibition look real, the acting parts at the beginning promise great programs in the future...

Last edited:
^

It could be that Ponsero's coach/choreographer don't understand him well enough to give him a routine that he can execute properly for CoP.

herios

Medalist
As for Amodio, I think the ffsg will send him to the junior worlds, to try and get him to win a medal, if not the title.

Never saw Amodio before, but after seeing this surprising result and knowing he has just won the JGPF, I youtubed what i could find out there and found both his SP and LP from the JGPF. What a Christmas treat for me:)

he's got great polish and soft arms for such a young skater, I could see him rocketing through the rankings if he is going to skate consistently well as far as jumping is concerned.

France has some great depth in men's skating, i cannot remember anything similar since the Russian ladies were battling each other 10 years ago.

.France has some great depth in men's skating, i cannot remember anything similar since the Russian ladies were battling each other 10 years ago.
Wasn't Irina around then? It seems when she took over the Russian Ladies just fell by the wayside. Sad, because I liked Volchova.

Amodio, btw was in last seasons JGP. and I considered him special.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Wasn't Irina around then? It seems when she took over the Russian Ladies just fell by the wayside. Sad, because I liked Volchova.

Amodio, btw was in last seasons JGP. and I considered him special.
I think Slutskaya at some point in the late 1990s had a difficult time with her skating and failed to make the podium at Nationals and consequently Euros and worlds in 1999 before returning in 2000. But even after that, Butyrskaya was still doing pretty well and then Sokolova had a good run.

I liked Volchkova, too, but it seemed like something was just missing for her to get to the top of the podium.

lcd

Match Penalty
Amodio, btw was in last seasons JGP. and I considered him special.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Exciting future for Flo