Compulsory Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance

npa

Match Penalty
are you saying that V/M are prettier than D/W, so they should get higher score?

They look more like ice dancers (joke)
In all case - i think, that V/M have better lins, better position, they have Scott :biggrin:
I think D/W must skate there best in OD and FD and they could win (there CD wasnt SO good)

Alicja

On the Ice
I will miss the Finnstep :cry: , I really liked it!! :yes:

ETA: I'll have a dream tonight where a special committee of the ISU decides that the CD to be skated at the OG will be the Finnstep...

Last edited:
The Dance is so Fred and Ginger. Can someone tell me what is the difference between Finnstep and Quick Step?

Of what I saw, I liked Weaver and Poje's aristocratic way of letting their hair down. Should be lst place.

and except one Chinese team, all the others were too much with correctness and not with the character.

Last edited:
IN webcast came on at approx 12:50 and has streamed perfectly for me since then... so the problems appear not to be from their end.

This does seem to be the attitude of Icenetwork and it's promoters. It works fine for us, if it doesn't work for you, tough nookies.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
If it were one or two instances I would agree that it wasn't IN's troubles, but that person's... but there are TOO MANY complaints.

Seems the only ones that have good luck with it are the fans that have been "helping" IN by policing boards and youtube and the like. Quid pro Quo?

Even if I *could* afford IN my computer wouldn't get along with the feed... though I guess that isn't a big deal anyway lol

npa

Match Penalty
The Dance is so Fred and Ginger. Can someone tell me what is the difference between Finnstep and Quick Step?.
Finnstep is Quick Step wich was made by ice dance team from Finland. This dance was named at that time Sinshine Quick Step

jcoates

Medalist
Finnstep is Quick Step wich was made by ice dance team from Finland. This dance was named at that time Sinshine Quick Step

To follow up on that, the Finnstep is a modified version of Rahkamo and Kokko's 1994/95 OD the helped them win Euros that season. This updated quickstep is far more complex than its much older predecessor. That version was based only on deep edges and turns with none of the short bouncy steps and toe work that are indicative of the dance on the ballroom floor. This newer version has a wider variety of steps and turns for both partners and better captures the light bouncy rhythm you see in ballroom dancing.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Regarding my own experience with IN, I've been blacked out from competition for 2 yrs. & have just gotten used to it, as I know the problem ~ my MSN ISP changes *each* time I log onto my computer, and the only way around it would be to pay more money to have an upgrade so that I have a constant ISP, not a static one, which is what I presently have.

Another temporary solution for those like me would be to keep your computer on ALL the time (even if that means days) so that one can watch the competition on IN. I choose/chose not to.

What I do now is I call IN & give them my ISP # and they fix it so that I can enjoy looking at the archives/videos. BUT, something really wonderful happened for the past few days, I *haven't* had to call them ~ I can view the archive videos without problem. I'll take it! :)

lcd

Match Penalty
Not so wise to be blabbing to the press about hardly training this dance, no? Almost gives the excuse.

oleada

Record Breaker
Well, I've paid for IN's service, but their quality is lacking, and I've been blacked out multiple times. Sorry, but I expect better.

And their articles are terrible.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
I will miss the Finnstep :cry: , I really liked it!! :yes:

ETA: I'll have a dream tonight where a special committee of the ISU decides that the CD to be skated at the OG will be the Finnstep...

I love it too!

BTW, did Shpilband murder the comittee when they decided on the Finnstep?:laugh:

beep_beep

Medalist
BTW, did Shpilband murder the comittee when they decided on the Finnstep?:laugh:

The ISU drew the finnstep just to p*ss him off :laugh:

Anyway, though the finnstep isn't my favorite, I'd rather have Tango romantica at the olys, I have to admit that no other CD would provide us with the same amount of 'what-the-heck' moments... long live the finnstep !

Nadine

Record Breaker
P.S. forgot to add the link wherein one can look up their individual IP address (lol, sorry for the previous posts wherein I say ISP:laugh: ). Anyhow, here's the link: http://whatismyipaddress.com/staticpages/index.php/lookup-ip

I always make sure to look up my new IP address so that I can have it ready when the IN staff ask for it. :)

I'm just grateful for whatever I can get with my IN subscription ~ in the past, yeah, I was upset, but to me it's just wasted energy ~ at least I know the problem & maybe in the future I will shell out the $$$ to pay for a constant IP address. But for now I'm okay with having to wait several days after the competition before I can view it.

Final Flight
i like the pop-y feel i got from D/W
V/M was just swift..and sharp posturing....my opinion.

shine

Record Breaker
Only saw V/M and D/W. I thought V/M definitely had a more quicksteppy quickstep than D/W, at least more than Davis. They also seemed faster and had bigger patterns. I agree with the placements.

Thank you. So the there is no Quickstep in figure skating. I believe the original ballroom dance was originated by Vernon and Irene Castle of Great Britain.
I also believe the dance was for "sophistated couples" to get away from the grind of being proper ladies and gentlemen. The character of the Dance is how would a sophistated couple put a little fun in their lives?

Weaver and Poje did just that.

I hate to see the Finnstep retired. It's such a relief in the skatedance reptertoire.