Cost of Europeans tickets | Golden Skate

Cost of Europeans tickets

stejoho40

Rinkside
Does anyone know what the cost of tickets for Europeans in Lyon will be? Or can you tell me what tickets cost in previous years?
Thanks

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
In 2003, the price for tickets to Europeans in Malmo was about $200 (USD) for the entire package. The exchange rate was very strong for USD at that time, though.

Since I will not be able to swing the Olympics (huge costs), I am thinking about Euros next year(if it is before the Olys) so I can at least see some of Olympians in their preOly routines. Are the dates set 2006 Euros? And where?

I am particularly interested in seeing Carolina, Susanna, Brian, Evgeni, Stephane, Stefan, and my new one to watch: Jamal Othman; the French and Bulgarian Dance teams; the German Pair team.

I somehow think it will be a European Sweep of the Olys in almost all Divisions, so I want to see the Euros.

Joe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Here is the information from the ISU site:

Jan 16-22, 2006
European Figure Skating Championships
Note: venue changed
Lyon, France

Jan 23-29, 2006
Four Continents Figure Skating Championships
To be decided

Feb 10 - 26, 2006
Olympic Winter Games
Torino, Italy

Mar 6-12, 2006
World Junior Figure Skating Championships
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Mar 20-26, 2006
World Figure Skating Championships
Calgary, Canada

Both Lyon and Ljubljana are very nice cities; they are not touristy, so this makes them very authentic. Lyon also has the advantage of many decent very cheap hotels (if you don't mind staying in 2-star hotels, you can find something in the center for $45 en suite, $30 without). Ljubljana, ironically, is different. Its only cheap hotel is absolutely awful, and others are, IMHO, overpriced.

Olderbear

Rinkside
Four Continents 2006

According to the USFSA web site, the 4CC will be held in Colorado Springs!

Linny

Final Flight
World traveller

Joesitz - you are quite the world travellor. Moscow this year, France for Europeans next year... if I had my choice, I think I'd go for Calgory. It's after the Olys, I know, but if the Oly champion retires or sits out worlds, it could be a chance for someone else to shine.
Linny

Mehdi

On the Ice
Indeed Lyon is a nice city, with reasonably priced hotels.
Please tell me when you have made up your mind about it. Would be delighted to see you ! :)

Thanks Pitchka and pairsfan. Lyon will be it.

I'll ask in Lyon about TV coverage of the Olympics Figure Skating. Isn't that the city of Brian?

Joe

Kateri

On the Ice
Hey, I have family in Calgary! Now if I could just save up the airfare over a year...........hmm!

Lyon would be possible too.......*thinks how to get money!*

k.

Mehdi said:
Indeed Lyon is a nice city, with reasonably priced hotels.
Please tell me when you have made up your mind about it. Would be delighted to see you ! :)
Hi Mehdi - I would be delighted to see you too. I'll be checking to see if my mileage will get me there, I'll make a reservation. Meantime, what would you recommend for a hotel? and near to the arena as possible.

Ahh Lyon! French wine, music, coquille saint jacques, and who will win the Euros? What more could an American ask for?

Joe

Last edited:

Mehdi

On the Ice
Hi Joe

Lyon is the city of Anissina/Peizerat and Delobel/Shoenfelder. Brian is from Poitiers, a small city in the West.
The arena will probably be the Palais des Sports de Gerland, next to the soccer stadium. The 2000 GPF was hosted there.

About hotels I don't know. Pitchka are you sure about 30$ 2-star hotels ? From what I've just seen on the web it's much more than that. For 30$ (23€) you hardly get a 1-star one.

Just a suggestion :
It's a 3-star hotel (cheaper than most 2-star hotels I've seen) near the arena (2 subway stations away) available for January 16-22 at 60€/night (up to 2 people).
http://www.activehotels.com/servlet/xmlbrochure/index.do?hotelid=220835&trkref=WAN&language=en

By the way, for interested parties, Lyon is 2 hours away from Paris by TGV (TGV can even be taken at the airport) so it may be cheaper to land in Paris and there, take the train to Lyon. When purchased 2 months before, you can get a round trip from 70€.

Mehdi

Mehdi

It's very difficult to book the etaphotel on line. Maybe they are already aware of the European Championships which would have many people booking.
I think I will give them a call.

Joe

Mehdi

On the Ice
Hi

Joe, I've called the hotel : the online booking is not yet available for 2006 but phone booking for January is availaible already. If you call them, speak slowly and articulate. The woman told me she's not very fluent in English and barely understands American accent. :biggrin:

Mehdi

herios

Medalist
Joesitz said:
Thanks again, Mehdi. I will start working on this over the weekend.

Joe

And Actually a few weeks ago I was thinking myself about going to Lyon....It'll be an interesting rehearsal for the Oly's. It would be fun to meet some of the fellow fans!

Herios - Joseph :laugh: