Liza Tuktik will podium
Wakaba will podium
Chock/Bates will win bronze and H/D will be 4th again
Sui/Han will get silver again
Russia will win gold in ice dance
Kamila Valieva still my choice for gold

skatefan17

On the Ice
None of the three Russian ladies that compete in the Ladies Olympic Figure skating competition win a metal. The podium is Wakaba Higuchi, Alysa Liu and Loena Hendrix. I am not going to predict the order of finish
I see Wakaba on the podium too. I think she will skate lights out. In fact I see only one Eteri girl on the podium. Lol

Country
Norway
ISU decides that the team who wins the Team Event at OG will get an extra country spot in each discipline in the upcoming WC, it´s just a special prize this season. It doesn´t matter how many current spots they have, so it is possible that one country will have 4 spots in one discipline. USA ends up winning the Team Event, and the fourth ladies spot goes to Gracie Gold.

ISU decides to raise the WC-minimums mid-season again because scores have increased a lot this season at Challengers event (Thats what they say at least). They set the new minimum TES to be 32 for ladies in SP, 55 for ladies in FS. Mens SP 36 and FS 68. The skaters who barely had the minimums must once again attend a lot of events to try reach it in time.

Mishin decides to retire after OG-season and Liza and Misha must find a new coach. They end up with Plushy and Liza suddenly gets a stable quad.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got a good one:

The Olympic podium photo with Liza hugging Kaori on the top step will be a photo for the ages.

And a bonus prediction: When Kaori skates at the Olympics, it will immediately stop raining and snowing all over the world. Haha

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Having just watched the debut of Pavliuchenko/Khodykin’s SP today, I feel inspired to add another wild and crazy prediction.

Pavliuchenko/Khodykin have a wildly successful season, causing the Russian Federation to suspect that it may have backed the wrong horse, so to speak. P/K go to the Olympics, and there finish well above all other Russian pairs teams.

To celebrate this triumph, P/K decide to reprise their Swan Lake program for the gala, and Denis carries through on his threat to skate the program in a tutu (note—this part is not crazy, he has actually said this.)

Shortly thereafter, Denis and his wife/choreographer, Betina Popova, welcome a daughter, whom they name Olympia.

As she grows, Olympia decides to take up ice dance and is paired with Max & Tatiana’s son, Theodore Trankov. Together they form the most diva-tastic Russian dance team since Elena & Nikita. Their parents are very proud.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Mid-season, ISU will decide to go back to 2007-2010 rules and the TP of olympics will be made of Shin Amano, Makoto Okazaki and Fernand Fedronic. The judges' panel will be made of only angry Japanese judges who give super low scores at regionals. Judges, stingy as they are, will give negative GOEs for the lack of rotation in the air from the take off. In ladies, most of triples will be called doubles and quads called triples with negative GOEs. 90% of lutzes called flutzes with automatic -3. Highest components will be 7,75 and no one will get a +3 nor a level 4 on step sequence.
The highest score will be 191 (Kihira).
The trauma will be so deep that 3/4 of the field will retire after that.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Mid-season, ISU will decide to go back to 2007-2010 rules and the TP of olympics will be made of Shin Amano, Makoto Okazaki and Fernand Fedronic. The judges' panel will be made of only angry Japanese judges who give super low scores at regionals. Judges, stingy as they are, will give negative GOEs for the lack of rotation in the air from the take off. In ladies, most of triples will be called doubles and quads called triples with negative GOEs. 90% of lutzes called flutzes with automatic -3. Highest components will be 7,75 and no one will get a +3 nor a level 4 on step sequence.
that would almost be good... :laugh2:
:unsure::eek2:

readernick

Medalist
This is great. I still remember the look on Young You's face when she got her score at "NHK Domestic Trophy" last year. It was in that moment she knew what it was like to be a Japanese woman. I'm sure it would be either a growing experience for everyone....or the end of everyone's career as you mentioned. Come on Shin work your destruction!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
This is great. I still remember the look on Young You's face when she got her score at "NHK Domestic Trophy" last year. It was in that moment she knew what it was like to be a Japanese woman. I'm sure it would be either a growing experience for everyone....or the end of everyone's career as you mentioned. Come on Shin work your destruction!
Those judges can't chill even when it's basically an exhibition. Imagine Russians being judged as Japanese ladies got judged at this year Japan open....

But in my prediction, most of Tutberidze skaters won't suffer from the trauma because they won't go.
Anna's and Sasha's dogs will eat their passports the eve of their flight. Kamila will decide overnight to switch to RG. Daria will get too invested in her youtube make-up chanel. Aliona will switch to Plushenko again and have the same results. Then the olympics team will end up being Maia, Liza T, Sofia Samodurova.
Maia will get -3 on all her toe jumps because of the take-off.
Sofia's judges' scores will be full of << and e.
Liza's pcs will be so low that she will cry all her ancestors. Her scores will be Ayaka Hosoda's level.

daffygirl

Rinkside
USFS goes into full panic mode when all the top age-eligible US women bomb at nationals. The top three end up being Isabeau Levitio, Clare Seo and Mia Kalin. USFS creates a retroactive rule that you must be at least 16 years old to enter senior nationals. With Isabeau, Clare and Mia’s placements now invalidated, the new top three (originally placing four through six) and Olympic team ends up being Alysa Liu, Lindsay Thorngren and Starr Andrews, who managed to land fully rotated triple axels in the short and the free although she fell on all her other jumps.

skatefan17

On the Ice
USFS goes into full panic mode when all the top age-eligible US women bomb at nationals. The top three end up being Isabeau Levitio, Clare Seo and Mia Kalin. USFS creates a retroactive rule that you must be at least 16 years old to enter senior nationals. With Isabeau, Clare and Mia’s placements now invalidated, the new top three (originally placing four through six) and Olympic team ends up being Alysa Liu, Lindsay Thorngren and Starr Andrews, who managed to land fully rotated triple axels in the short and the free although she fell on all her other jumps.
🤣🤣🤣 I love this! Such drama but how interesting nationals would be!

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Dream Scenario:

Roman Sadovsky makes the Canadian Team and skates beautifully at the Olympics. He wins the Bronze medal in the men's individual and his Chasing Cars FS goes viral the way it deserves to!

Unlikely but not impossible:

The US upsets Russia in the Team Event. Thus Jason Brown gets to call himself an Olympic Gold Medalist. :love2:

"No Guts No Glory" prediction:

Yuma Kagiyama wins the Gold in the Individual Event, thus continuing the reign of Japanese Men at the Olympics.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Sato & Kagiyama go 1-2 at Japanese nationals (in that order) causing JSF (and the entire internet) to go into a frenzy over what combination of Hanyu, Uno, Kagiyama, and Sato will go to the Olympics.
Actually hope that happens, it would be fun :biggrin:
Is Kao Miura allowed to compete at Senior Nationals/eligible for Olympics too? If so my crazy prediction is a five-way fight. Chaotic skater causes chaos :laugh:

Boo67

Rinkside
I propose two sets : pick your favourite (like for A, WOW emoji for B LOL)

Scenario A
Han Yan qualifies for the Olympics.
Patrick Chan, seeing Jason's success without quads decides to get out of retirement. Judges who have been giving PCS like candy all season have to react properly. Chan maxes out on PCS as judges go crazy about him skating to his 4 seasons 2.0. He wins two gold medals, singles and team event..
Kostornaia is not happy. Her 3a is not stable. Chan's comeback makes her vivaldi program look even more empty. She misses qualification for the team.
Kostner qualifies for Italy with only 3 triple jumps (Flip, Toe and Salchow) but manages to win a bronze at the team event thanks to overall great performances from all members of the Italian team.
Yuzuru pops jumps in the SP and does not make the free skate. Twitter breaks down
James and Radford win a medal in pairs but not without going through a tough phase. It is only when they admit to themselves that they need new programs and new choreography that it starts working out. They leave Julie Marcotte and beg Meagan to train them.
Gabrielle Daleman returns to her glorious days and make the team. She retires after the games.
Mishina and Galliamov do not win the gold in pairs. Nobody understands why until a French judge leaves China in a hurry after the event. The IOC is upset. The ISU is also upset. A new scoring system is born.

Scenario B
The international community decides not to go to the games. China doesn't care and still holds a big event with competitions.
Russia decides to send their athletes now that it's no longer the official olympic games and they can represent Russia and get their anthems sung. However, the biggest surprise comes when Han Yan wins the men's event...Russians are upset about the judging... After they sweep the top ten (yeah... no quota was imposed) in ladies, they feel okay... but then Sui Han win the pairs barely in front of Mishina and Galliamov who really outskated them. Nobody understands why until a French judge leaves China in a hurry after the event. The IOC is upset. The ISU is also upset. A new scoring system is born.
That's AWESOME !! bahahahaha