Crazy Predictions for the 2021/22 Olympic Season | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Crazy Predictions for the 2021/22 Olympic Season

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder why they don’t allow quads in the short program now? Why hold women skaters back?
They look at the rules after every Olympics, in 2018 no senior woman was actually doing quads and it wasn't expected that they would be (guess they didn't see Sasha and Anna coming!) so they didn't even consider changing the rule. Same reason girls can't do solo 3As in the short, but now lots of Juniors are doing them.

They'll no doubt look into it after Beijing.

alexalat

Spectator
Keegan Messing, Olympic medalist.

Judges finally realize their craziness (and/or get their much needed eye glasses) and H/B win Nationals and go on to cover themselves in Olympic glory. They then admit they have been dating in secret all this time and continue to skate until they are 40.

Gracie Gold, Olympic team.
Who is H/B?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
All medals go to small federation's skater. Yes, in my dreams, I know - and actually even not in my dreams, because I want clean skates. But olympics are always olympics and unexpected things has happened, so maybe Leona will medal in ladies, for example

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Who is H/B?

Ice Dancers Kaitlin Hawayek / Jean-Luc Baker (USA).

I know this thread is about crazy predictions, but I don't think @moonvine would be crazy enough to come up with a story that brings back the inaugural Pairs World Champions, Anna Hübler / Heinrich Burger (DEU)...

CaroLiza_fan

pianistliz

On the Ice
Alena Kostornaia goes back to Plushy because she is not pleased with her recent result. In the following months she starts training and landing quads and she lands 2 clean 4T in the RusNat + 3A, where she get selected to OG. She continues landing the quads in the games together with her 3A and wins the gold with 3 points ahead of Trusova who landed all her 5 quads, but did not succeed with her 3A. Loena takes the bronze because she skates 2 clean programs and other favs did not.

Sondre Oddvoll Bøe is in France now because he is having a meeting with Lambiel who wants to coach him and who has sweet talked with Swedish Fed about switching skating country to Sweden and sending him to OG despite not having the score equivalent to top 8 at Worlds. They are willing to make an exception for Sondre because Lambiel has made a deal with the Norwegian cross-country team about lending Sweden some of the ski lubricators for OG. The Swedish OGC accept the offer without a doubt because they want to be best in cross-country ski. Sondre decides to return to figure skating and be coached by Lambiel and represent Sweden in OG. The next months he trains hard and gets a quad and a 3A for OG. He lands them in OG and finish up top 15. Nikolaj Majorov gets so pissed by the Swedish OGC, that he moves and switch skating country to Norway :rofl: Norway is thrilled to have him and ready to open the pockets for all future OG where he would earn a spot.

Barquero/Zandron are just getting better and they end up winning the gold in pairs.

Nathan Chen wants a different Olympic program and decides to skate to Gangnam Style in his FS. The judges get so engaged they give him 98 points in PCS.

Yuzu lands a clean quad axel in SP. Keegan gets so inspired that he lands one as well in the FS.

The judges end up in shock in OG because nobody skates to Carmen. Mr. Shin is technical controller but are not calling a lot of UR because he made a promise that if he once witness a clean landed quad axel he will be more lenient towards calling jumps for the rest of his life.
Lol @ Nathan, Yuzu, Keegan :ROFLMAO:
Seeing the masterpiece that is Sinnerman, the judges realize that Jason's PCS has been judged far too low over the years. The ISU votes to change the scoring system, remove the PCS cap, and Jason is in first after the SP despite six other men landing four quads each.

Nathan Chen realizes he left his FS costume at Yale. Donovan Carrillo offers to lend him his charro exhibition costume. The judges are so impressed by Nathan in bling that he breaks all world records before he even skates. Nathan, Jason and Donovan finish one two three.

Since some might not be familiar with Nathan's new FS costume: :biggrin:

😇

I'd pay good money for Nathan to go out and skate in that costume :ROFLMAO: