Daily Calm | Golden Skate

Daily Calm

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a place to share a recent moment of calm that you were able to carve out of the day. A place where we can share ideas on how to achieve a few moments of calm and peace rather we are at school, work, on vacation, flying, etc..... Are there certain foods or drink that help you to relax. What do you do on a day off to clear your mind?

Today I hiked/ran a few miles to a little waterfall near my home and sat there with my eyes closed for almost 15 minutes just listening to the rushing water. I imagined how the water came to be there whooshing by and where exactly it may end up. I left with a sense of calm I hadn’t felt in a while.

Tomorrow I have to work so any tips on how others may find ways to carve a few minutes of calm and zen into a work day would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Bach — the Keyboard Partitas, especially #1 in B flat. This performance by Andras Schiff is my favorite.

And the C Major Prelude from Book 1 of The Well Tempered Clavier. Timeless and serene… It never fails me. Here's a beautiful rendition; some of the visuals are almost as lovely as the music itself.

Last edited: