Daisuke Murakami | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Murakami

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks hamaguri! not sure about the program yet its obviously its still new but i think it has more potential than his last year's LP, all the best to him :cheer:

aqua70

Rinkside
I just saw the free skate myself & am unsure about it too. It seems bare in the choreographic department. But it's early on & they're probably still working on it. Plus, the jumps weren't all there either, but again it's probably because it's early on. Hopefully by the Japan Open, he and his team would have worked everything out.

BTW, has anyone seen Daisuke's new pic for his Twitter page? It looks great & really suits his face :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
A recent TV clip about Daisuke! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujO-jWQfCBM
Basic Summary:
Training in LA, friendship with Gracie Gold.
Also, his mixed feeling of skating for the US and how Mao helped him decide to skate for Japan.
Difficulty making the transition (1 year away from international competition) and injury at NHK wiped out another whole season.
He thought of retiring but chose to continue, rethinking his whole training regimen. Including track and field exercises and Ballet lessons.
At NHK again he was able to better his PB by 40 points. His first international medal for Japan was a Gold!
The music he is using for his FS this year is Anniversary, composed for the 10th anniversary of the emperor's reign by Yoshiki.
Yoshiki says "it's an honor, but I actually thought my self, when watching figure skating, my music would match this. I'm so happy that it is actually being used!"
Daisuke says, "when we started Choreography it was so easy to skate to. It lets me use my arms and legs beautifully, I'm so grateful."
Yoshiki says "I composed this music as the mixed emotions of 10 years...certainly not just happiness. Sorrow, happiness, suffering, all the emotions are shown."
This music matches the many things that Daisuke has gone through.
Yoshiki says "He has such talent, I want to support him in any way I can so he can aim for the top.

If there is anything you want to add or errors in translation, just post a comment.
Good luck Dice M!

yhmafan

Medalist
Dice's skating was simply eye pleasing at JO, I was impressed with his SS and strong and fast jumps particularly.
This time, I would like to have faith in him along with Yuzu. Go Dice :cheer:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Dice's skating was simply eye pleasing at JO, I was impressed with his SS and strong and fast jumps particularly.
This time, I would like to have faith in him along with Yuzu. Go Dice :cheer:

Did you see him live at JO? How was his over all speed? He always seemed quite slow on TV and I've never seen him live.

yhmafan

Medalist
Did you see him live at JO? How was his over all speed? He always seemed quite slow on TV and I've never seen him live.

As far as I remember, at least, He didn’t look slow at all even with my untrained eyes.
To be honest there are some who were slower than him.