Daisuke Takahashi | Page 148 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
"And Sochi Games.... I knew that he was badly injured. I was in front of my TV, wishing for one thing; that he would be able to skate two programs till the end with no further trouble"

True words spoken by Shoma! I believe that not just us Dai fans who were aware of the injuries
but the skating world were wishing the same thoughts for him in Sochi.

Thanks deedee!

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
very beautiful words from Shoma. I didn't know he had said all that so thank you for sharing Deedee!!
And i agree with Demarinis too. I think everyone, the whole skating world, was willing for him to do well (just like the whole skating world was willing for Asada to do well in her FS for ex). It was beyond medals and placement and competition, we just all wanted him to be ok. I think it tells something about the kind of impact on the sport he had and the kind of respect he got.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So happy for Uncle Dai's good influence on Shoma! Especially for telling Shoma to have the courage to rest.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
This may have been posted already, but here's a new interview with Daisuke :)
https://www.ifsmagazine.com/daisuke-takahashi-new-worlds-conquer/

Thank you so much for sharing! A great read, indeed. :)

He credits Nagamitsu for pushing him to make it as far as he did. “She demanded more of me than I ever did of myself. She believed that I could do it more than I did,” he said.

Kudos to Utako-sensei, for still pushing Dai further. :agree:;) Love her!

Takahashi said his only wish for Asada is that when the day comes for her to retire she has no regrets.

I would say to Mao: 'Give it your all until you feel you have given it all you can, and then you will feel good about moving on to the next stage of your life.'

So true. :yes: I always wish this for all skaters who sacrifice their own time, money, energy and train every day in and out. :cheer:

Pattina

On the Ice
Thanks to you all for updates and links!!! Great readings!!! And "Lilac Wine" at CaOI is breathtaking, as ever.

A "must-read". Take your time to read this wonderful post, if you haven't done it yet. "Reading" is not the right word: let yourself go and "feel" emotions, like the author. Allow your soul to be grabbed by Dai's powerful magic, amazing Artistry. and ever-changing mood.

I waved from smiles to tears and again to joy. BTW, "In the Garden of Souls" is my fave program ever :love: and for the same reasons!

http://iguana012.tumblr.com/post/127172666501/top-10-daisuke-takahashi-programs-competitive

Some updates from Stars Greetings in Hawaii.

Fan report from talk show!! Very nice and vivid report. Dai is asked what he'd like to be if born again and Kenji's comment is too funny!!

https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi/posts/893926280744938

Shizuka's instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLettLfhOig/?taken-by=shizukaarakawa

Mai's tweet - they created the word "Aloha"

https://twitter.com/asadamai717/status/786909655859470340?lang=it

ioanna

Record Breaker
A "must-read". Take your time to read this wonderful post, if you haven't done it yet. "Reading" is not the right word: let yourself go and "feel" emotions, like the author. Allow your soul to be grabbed by Dai's powerful magic, amazing Artistry. and ever-changing mood.

I waved from smiles to tears and again to joy. BTW, "In the Garden of Souls" is my fave program ever :love: and for the same reasons!

http://iguana012.tumblr.com/post/127172666501/top-10-daisuke-takahashi-programs-competitive

Oh dear. I published that post on tumblr in the summer of 2015 but I recently reblogged it because the sport has been acquiring new fans who are watching the skating anime. Many of them are tempted to only concentrate on Yuzuru so it's been my resolve to allow them to know about other great skaters in Japan, especially Daisuke. I never imagined it would be picked up by a well known journalist platform so I apologize for the inappropriate language I used. :laugh:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh dear. I published that post on tumblr in the summer of 2015 but I recently reblogged it because the sport has been acquiring new fans who are watching the skating anime. Many of them are tempted to only concentrate on Yuzuru so it's been my resolve to allow them to know about other great skaters in Japan, especially Daisuke. I never imagined it would be picked up by a well known journalist platform so I apologize for the inappropriate language I used. :laugh:

Good job Ioanna and a fascinating read.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Good job Ioanna and a fascinating read.

Coming out of lurkdom to second this. Also I just read that new Japan Times article on Shoma's victory in SA and it had their Daisuke Q&A with you attached. I enjoyed reading this so much as well. What a shame that you never got to see him live even though he's your all time favourite. Maybe you can make it to Art on Ice next year? He's a wonderful show skater! :luv17:

Also: Hello everyone in this Dai Fan Fest. Thank you for everyone's contributions, although it seems to be a little empty in here lately (which is understandable since Dai is not competing anymore). Maybe there are still people interested in talking about him even though he's been retired for a while now? The 'Stars Greeting in Hawaii' broadcast is coming up and I'm so excited that we'll finally be able to see him skate 'Time to say Goodbye'!

ioanna

Record Breaker
Coming out of lurkdom to second this. Also I just read that new Japan Times article on Shoma's victory in SA and it had their Daisuke Q&A with you attached. I enjoyed reading this so much as well. What a shame that you never got to see him live even though he's your all time favourite. Maybe you can make it to Art on Ice next year? He's a wonderful show skater! :luv17:

Thank you so much. No, unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Art on Ice next year.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Thank you so much. No, unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Art on Ice next year.

That's a real shame. I've also noticed that you're a big Tatsuki fan as well. (I like him a lot too.) Have you been able to see him? He's on my (rather long) list of skaters, that I would love to see skate live one day.

ioanna

Record Breaker
That's a real shame. I've also noticed that you're a big Tatsuki fan as well. (I like him a lot too.) Have you been able to see him? He's on my (rather long) list of skaters, that I would love to see skate live one day.

I love Tatsuki. I've never watched skating live, so I haven't seen any of my favorite skaters.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I forgot about the Hawaii broadcast that will be aired soon. Can't wait. Also his ice show XMAS on Ice will be coming up
soon. :clap:

Last edited: