Dance FD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dance FD

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'm slow. what is "voidy" mean?
I believe it originated over on FSUniverse. Here's what they write about it in their FAQ section:
It stems from me and sharps watching old documentary about T&D where we pee'd ourselves laughing at the following quote from Chris (Christopher Dean), which he said, erm, very dramatically "....and suddenly, we found ourselves in this...hole...this huge, big VOID !! We could do anything we wanted to, our only limits were our own imagination !! It's like floating free, it's like being in outer space !!"
"So we use the term "Voidy" to describe anything in skating which is a drama fest ala Dean. You know the sort of thing, angst expressions, hands outstretch, weird programs with weird music, skaters who clearly think they are skating as ar-TEESTES and creating an arty masterpiece...it's all "voidy"

Except voidy sometimes refers to just plain campy or wacky. Like this classic performance.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Congrats to Tanith and Ben. :clap:

They really need to figure out how to get consistant level 4's on those twizzles. I didn't see anything wrong with them at worlds, but then again i don't know what consistutes a level 4. Does anybody know the requirements?

LaLola

On the Ice
I'm happy for Tanith and Ben, at least they got a little compensation for not winning in LA. Should be great and very encouraging for them to end the season with such a success....