Dancing with the Stars !!! | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Dancing with the Stars !!!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Lacey and Lance keep getting better and better. I think the jive is their dance.....42

Tigger

Final Flight
Lionel Ritchie appears to be in great shape. How much can the Queen of Soul sell when I fear she can barely breath?

I also could have sworn I heard/read somewhere Aretha's got Heart Issues. W/all of that weight, I don't doubt it. Wouldn't be shocked to hear she's Diabetic now either. I was really shocked when I saw Aretha on the Results show, as I haven't seen her in awhile, so didn't know she'd put on so much weight.

Sad to see too, as I've always had a soft spot for Aretha. No wonder her voice is on the downwards spiral. She more than likely has a hard time just breathing, forget singing. :(

I usually like John Legend, but did not care at all for his performance the other night. Not sure why either, but there was just something there that turned me off.

Julianne OTOH...WOW!! She's got a really good voice, but combine that w/her obvious stage presence and I was blown away. I wanted to wait until I'd heard her sing before considering whether or not to look into getting her CD. Julianne's CD is now on my Christmas List. :biggrin:

Joining the chorus over Kristi being the best dance this season and how sad is that!?! Was so wonderful to see her out there again w/Mark. Talk about blowing the audience away and then some!!

I also can't understand the Brooke hype. She's good, but not *that* good. This was the first week where I really loved Lance and Lacey's dances. I still can't get over how Lance was able to keep it together after losing his shoe during The Jitterbug. That was pretty impressive!!

As for Warren...I've always enjoyed him and he's been my favourite this season by far. So what if he isn't perfect? He's having a ball and taking us along for the ride. I still can't get over how well Warren can move out there for such a big guy.

I just hope we get a far more entertaining Final than that mess of a Semi we got this week. Fingers crossed!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As for Warren...I've always enjoyed him and he's been my favourite this season by far. So what if he isn't perfect? He's having a ball and taking us along for the ride. I still can't get over how well Warren can move out there for such a big guy.
I agree. One of the women at work was laughing about she remembers back in the day when someone said to her about her dancing...you are really light on your feet. She was quite overweight. Now she said watching Warren she knows what it means...she just thought the guy was trying to think of something nice to say. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
Read that Julianne is taking a break from DWTS and won't be on the Spring season. She's concentrating on her music.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I also can't understand the Brooke hype. She's good, but not *that* good.

I'm so glad you said this! I was wondering if I was just being biased against her (not that I'm aware of disliking her for any reason) because, like you said, I see she's good -- but not THAT good.

Read that Julianne is taking a break from DWTS and won't be on the Spring season. She's concentrating on her music.

Very sorry to hear that! I think DWTS has such a great cast of pros. As several have said on these threads before, it's easy to become fans of the pros as much as fans of the celebrity contestants. Julianne's a real sweetie who does a great job bringing out the best in her partners and giving them choreography that's both interesting and suited to their skills.

CB1AB2

Medalist
Well I think Brooke will be the next winner. She did the best out of the 3 of them. I thought Warren did an x-cellent job. I was disappointed with Lance and Lacy's free dance

They just announced that Kristi will be joining the DWTS tour for three dates, Los Angeles, San Diego and Glendale, Ariz. :yes: :love:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
They just announced that Kristi will be joining the DWTS tour for three dates, Los Angeles, San Diego and Glendale, Ariz. :yes: :love:

Wonderful news -- for them! I wish she'd join the tour on the east coast -- after all, she lives only a couple of hours away from me!

Glad she's on the tour. She'll have fun. One of the best, if not THE best, stars on the show in terms of her dancing. And such a sweet, sweet person!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there any specific reason for her joining the tour??? Is someone not going??? I don't see the point.

Dee

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Is there any specific reason for her joining the tour??? Is someone not going??? I don't see the point.

Dee

I'm guessing it's just like Stars on Ice -- special guest stars on certain parts of the tour. Doesn't mean a regular is not there.

The point? An added attraction.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
I'm guessing it's just like Stars on Ice -- special guest stars on certain parts of the tour. Doesn't mean a regular is not there.

The point? An added attraction.

Apolo Ohno did five shows. Helio Castroneves did like three. Jerry Springer, Sara Evans and a couple of others did limited guest appearances.

How lucky is Lacey Schwimmer. Her whole professional dance life has been dancing on TV and touring like a rock star. :cool:

Cool. :clap: Where did they you hear them announce this?
There was a kind of afterparty broadcast after the show last night, which was shown here at 11:00. I hope I heard the details right.

Is there any specific reason for her joining the tour??? Is someone not going???

It seems like not very many of the celebrities will be going on tour. According to the DWTS website only Maurice Green and Toni Braxton (who will also sing) have signed on so far. So it will be mostly a show for the pro dancers. I think Mark and Derek's band will play.

BTW, the show last night got the biggest television ratings ever -- even better than Kristi's season. There was speculation on DWTS boards that they deliberately brought in Kristi last year to boost ratings and to get a lady who could win, after so many men in a row.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
ABC.com listed Maurice Greene, Lance Bass, Marlee Matlin and Toni Braxton. Lance and Lacey have said repeatedly they'll be dancing together on tour.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone here gone to the show?? If so, what's it like??

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
So, now, there are 3 women who have won DWTS out of 7 seasons.

I still don't think Brooke's was the best free style ever. My favorite is Drew Lachey's.

Brooke did deserve to win, but I think the judges upped her scores a bit during the finale and I'm pretty sure it was Derek's fan base that brought in a good portion of their phone votes.

I've talked to very few people who felt connected to Brooke and many were split between Warren and Lance, putting Brooke 3rd.

I guess we'll have to wait to find out who will be on the show in the Spring. Hopefully it'll be a better group, but I have heard that Julianne will not be dancing.

CB1AB2

Medalist
Well I started this thread = so I might as well end it. It was an interesting season. I hope they don't have anymore 80 plus dancers on the show. I liked Lacy on the show, she did a good job for her first season. I really enjoyed Lance and Warren. They both did a good job. Warren brought alot of energy. Well until next year. See ya.

CB