Dancing with the Stars !!! | Golden Skate

Dancing with the Stars !!!

CB1AB2

Medalist
Another season started last night and I enjoyed it. I thought Clores was funny (for 82 she did good). I liked Lacy and Lance. Julianne and her partner looked like they were 12 compared to the others. Good job thou. Unfortunely I fell asleep and didn't see Susan Lucci or Max or Cheryl and a couple of others. But I think that poor Editya (?? spelling ) has a Dud. He should be the first to go. I can't see anyone there being worse than him. Hopefully I can stay awake tonight.

CB

Susan Lucci was my pre-season favorite, but she didn't do well. I liked Misty May. :clap:

No Kristi in this group! :laugh:

CB1AB2

Medalist
I was glad at wh got voted off. Clores should go tonight. I think that Lacy and Lance are going to be in trouble because I don't think that Lacy has the experience to do all the Ballroom Dances. It was nice to see Christy in the audience.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Here Cloris is several years older than I and I can't move like that. More power to her. I have always liked her. Always upbeat.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm liking this season because I don't have to worry over Kristi and her results and making sure she (as the clear and obvious best contestant;)) wins :p !

I didn't get to see any of Monday's program or the last segment of last night's, but of the "stars" I saw there weren't any that grated on my nerves as did, say, Adam, last season -- that was nice!

Enjoyed very much the first dance of last night, with Lance and Lacey. Don't care that it wasn't technically up to snuff, the music was so happy and bouncy, and they had great energy and just kept me smiling the whole time. CB, I think you're right about the lack of ballroom skill/experience with that team, though.

Derek and partner maybe were the best of the evening (as per the judges) but I thought the scores were a bit inflated. I didn't think her footwork matched Derek's that well at times.

I think Derek, Julianne, Mark, and Cheryl are generally especially good at choreographing routines that are crowd pleasing, get good scores, and make their star partners look good. I wonder sometimes if Tony tries too hard to stick to pro/am syllabus style dancing in a way that hampers his partners' success on the show? Take Marissa from last season -- her routines always showcased a lot of the basic steps of each dance, with a lot fewer "highlight" or wow moves. I actually like that, but don't think it scores well on the show. Anybody else think that's the case with Tony's choreography?

If Cloris goes tonight I'll miss Corky! Mark looks so much like his dad! I really want to see more of Corky and like how appreciative he is of Cloris's efforts.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Well I won't miss Cloris but I will be sorry to see Corky go. I well remember him & Shirley when they were competing. Their jazz routines were terrific. I wish he had a better partner. Did I not read somewhere that he not only taught Mark but also, Derek & Juliane Hough? I really like Brooke Burke & Derek Hough this season.

I think Mark has a tendency to overdance his (amateur) partners, especially in side-by-side work. He even did this with Kristi to some extent. His movements were bigger than his partners could match.

About Tony's work with Marissa last season, I think what he choreographed was about at the limit of what his partner could do, so that was why he kept it basic.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well I won't miss Cloris but I will be sorry to see Corky go. I well remember him & Shirley when they were competing. Their jazz routines were terrific. I wish he had a better partner. Did I not read somewhere that he not only taught Mark but also, Derek & Juliane Hough? I really like Brooke Burke & Derek Hough this season.

I think I read the same thing, that Corky taught the Houghs. And I think there's close friendship there, too -- did I read something about Derek and Julianne staying with the Ballas family at some point? (maybe I'm remembering that wrong, I'll check it out.)

I think Mark has a tendency to overdance his (amateur) partners, especially in side-by-side work. He even did this with Kristi to some extent. His movements were bigger than his partners could match.

About Tony's work with Marissa last season, I think what he choreographed was about at the limit of what his partner could do, so that was why he kept it basic.

Yeah, Mark definitely overdanced even Kristi on the Nutbush City Limits jive, and maybe at other times as well -- but still I like his work. As for Marissa -- maybe those were her limits, but I'm not sure. I was expecting Susan Lucci to do better than she has (though of course it's early yet), and that was what got me to wondering (again) about Tony's ideas about routines for the show. I just wonder if Tony is too much of a purist, so to speak -- will be fun to see if my little pet hunch plays out!

Love talking about DWTS! It's like following skating without having to get too emotionally involved (except when Kristi was in it, of course).

heyang

Record Breaker
Mark had to outdance Kim last night - otherwise, it would have been nothing on the dance floor. She barely moved and did little to enhance the performance quality IMO.

I thought that this was going to be an abysmal season after night 1. I don't remember seeing so many 5's during any other season and those marks were appropriate. Cloris was a hoot, but she shouldn't be in the finals.

Night 2 was so much better as the stars got over their 1st night jitters. Susan Lucci raised a little Kane. Just about everyone relaxed a bit more.

I enjoyed Warren Sapp (his energy reminds me of Emmett Smith), Brooke and Toni Braxton. Katrina pretty much danced around Rocco during night 2.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
For the stars so far I only like Lacey - Benji's (So You Think You Can Dance - winner) sister. I am not happy with the Judges. Cloris L is embarrassing and can go home...probably won't watch much more of the show. I could care less.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I am really enjoying it so far - i.e. this week. This was an eventful week and I feel the standards are naturally raised, the dancing from the start is more even IMO. Good choices as well but there is one for sure I hope they DO NOT drag out like they did Jerry Springer. I am ready for the nonsense to stop, but I do see why she is still on the show. However I do hope to be clear of C.L. soon! It is almost as though the show would have only been 2 nights this week if she was not on.:p

They guy Cheryl is will has good potential in her hands, yet I don't see the ball in his hands.

Misty the most improved from dance one to two. JMO watch those shoulders though girl!!!

Warren "most fun AND good also." Think and am going to rout for "new girl and sync boy."
:cool:

To much candy handing scores thus far. Not reality based scores. More going with the audience. Not realistic judging MORE SO than prior IMO.
But I think they do that a little to start the seasons off anyhoo.

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love Lacey and was thrilled to see a "cross-over" so to speak from "So You Think You Can Dance" to "Dancing With The Stars". She reminds me a little of Ashley Delgrosso..........42

Jhar55

Medalist
Like the show, as for Mark out dancing his partner Kim can't dance all she did was mostly stand there. Ready for Cloris, Susan, and Kim.
Lacey is going to have hard time with Judge Len, he like the old style, from what I undedrstand him to say that's the format of the show.
But I really like Julliann & Cody, Derek & Brooke. Like someone else said shame Corky didn't get a better partner, I can't dance but sure would love to have a few lessons from Corky.
This year I can just sit back and watch the elmation without biting off my nails. Hoping my favorite gets to stay.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well, in terms of the dancing, thought tonight was kinda abysmal overall. Rocco, Kim K., and Cloris are all pretty much just standing there, not doing much dancing. Rocco hardly moved his feet his entire "dance" except to simply walk a few steps. Still, though, I thought Cloris actually did more dance steps than she's done before, and her paso was actually quite watchable to me (helps that I like Ravel's Bolero). Kim's still not doing much on the floor at all -- you'd expect more out of a sex symbol (or should I say Pussycat Doll?).

But there were some good moments, of course. Oh, I should've checked names before I started to post -- Kym's partner, I can't think of his name (eta: Warren) -- anyway, their paso was really very dramatic and intense. I thought Cheryl and Maurice were entertaining; Maurice was maybe a bit wooden but darn at least he was moving his hips and moving about the floor, more than several of the stars attempted! And I would've given Julianne and Cody a point or two more than did the judges -- I thought Cody moved pretty well, actually, in the rhumba. Misty and Susan are pretty solidly in the middle of the pack. Lance and Lacey were fun to me but their modern take on the ballroom dances won't ever go over with Len, of course.

Well, apparently Kim Kardashian is popular with the voters, so she'll probably stay. Rocco to go? Cloris will still get some sympathy votes, and actually I liked her better this week even though her total score for the evening dropped a point.

Last edited:

CB1AB2

Medalist
I think it will be either Rocco or Kim to go this week. They were the worse. Boy the scores for everyone were LOW this week. I don't think the dancing is up to par with others years. Except for Lacy & Lance = Derek and Julieanne and their partners.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
CB:You actually think that Cloris is a better dancer than either Kim K. or Rocco? She's a mess & making a fool of herself besides.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
CB:You actually think that Cloris is a better dancer than either Kim K. or Rocco? She's a mess & making a fool of herself besides.

She's 82. She has an excuse. At least Rocco has charisma and plays well to the camera. Kim has neither age nor dance ability nor charm. When is she leaving? :scratch:

I though Warren Sapp did the best this week -- except for when he fell on his partner at the end!

They should do an all-star DWTS, bringing back all the old winners. They could do the athletes versus the entertainers, with Kristi leading the athlete's team! :)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
What a Boring Line-Up

Compared to last season with Kristi Yamaguchi and the season before with Apolo Ohno, I am finding this season rather boring. None of the "Stars" can dance very well, and other than Lacy and her partner Lance, the routines are rather dull and clumsy.

Just not enjoying this season at all.