Daniel Samohin | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Daniel Samohin

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/22635.html

Daniel Samohin: if I can get into the "eight" at the European Championship - will be extremely happy
17.10.2015 18:06:01 | Figure skating | News

Today, 17 October, in Saransk continued the second day of the tournament "Challenger" in figure skating - "Mordovian patterns." Second place in the men's figure skating took Israeli Daniel Samohin, who conceded just 1.24 points rossiyaninu Maxim Kovtun. After rolling Samohin Daniel shared his impressions with the special correspondent of the portal TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Victor Limasovym.

"I am very happy with my performance in Saransk! - Daniel was glad Samohin. - Hire an arbitrary program it was good, but it was possible and even better. I know my mistakes, and even not at all upset that I could not keep the first place. I have a whole season ahead and a lot of time to fix them. The most important thing - I know exactly what to do to correct them. My main goal for this season - to perform successfully at the European Championships in Bratislava, which will be at the end of January. If I was in the tournament was able to finish in the "eight" the strongest, would be incredibly happy. In the meantime, I am satisfied with what has already achieved this season. "

Another article

http://tass.ru/sport/2356149

Israeli skater Samohin a childhood dream to be like brother and Plushenko

Saransk, on 17 October. / Spec. corr. Veronica Sovetova TASS /. Silver medalist Russia's first phase of a series of "Challenger" "Mordovia ornament" Figure Skating Israeli Daniel Samokhin told Tass that as a child he had two idols - his brother Stanislav Samokhin skater and Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko.

At a tournament in Saransk athlete in the short program performed three jumps in four turns, he said in an arbitrary three. However, I do not deal with all the set of elements in an arbitrary and came second, losing to Russian citizen Maxim Kovtun. Samokhina who rides three years, coached by his father.

"It is looking at the horse of his brother, I have three years began to beg the pope to coach me - he said. - Father long protested, but in the end gave up. That's my brother idol, and next season he will be back on the ice. Now he misses season due to injury. I also like skating Evgeni Plushenko. It is powerful, strong and masculine. He has excellent jumping technique. Little I wanted to be like on it. "

Samokhin told that now he has lived with his family in the United States. "But I have come to Israel for all national competitions, but I like to live in America, - he said. - And the act is planned only for Israel - I want to glorify their country. I want to prove that small countries can be champions. Russians Well done, I have great respect for them. But my task is to show that not only can win the trendsetter in figure skating, such as Russia, the United States, Japan or Canada. Therefore, I dream to perform at the world championships and compete with the strongest skaters of the planet. "

Moving forward Daniel makes a positive attitude and faith in their abilities: "I look forward to the highest wins. Let me today was the second - yes, he could skate better. I try to be positive, pushing himself forward, despite the possible failure. Let About I still know a few people, but I want to realize my dream and believe in themselves. "

He has such a good head on his shoulders...love this kid!

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
One more thing to add - we're halfway through the ISU Challenger Series, and Daniel leads in the men's standings with a combined score of 458.81. Next in line is Menshov. Granted, only 8 skaters have competed at 2+ events so far, but still, pretty impressive considering he was also earning medals on the JGP concurrently.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cs2015/csmen.htm

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And he was born in Tel Aviv. So by birth, Israeli, by ethnicity Russian, and by training country American.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Any news on Daniel? What's his next competition?

He's entered in the Mentor Nestlé Nesquik Torun Cup - Jan. 6 - 10.

http://www.pfsa.com.pl/results/1516/TOR0116/CAT009EN.HTM

He's pretty active on Periscope & posted some quad loop attempts today (already deleted, unfortunately). He has a way to go, & I'd like to see a little more stability with the quads he has now, but I like his ambition.

https://www.periscope.tv/WwolfBwolf

And here are some photos from Israeli Nationals that just got posted:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tuerush/sets/72157660350287193

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Brand new interview with Daniel. It's super long, but well worth the read. I really hope to see him in the top 5 at Euros...land those quads! :drama:

http://blog.europeonice.com/?eid=530
This is awesome article! I love that he talks with Nathan about quads :biggrin: These young gentlemen ara amazing. But he suprised me with clothing company. Hope it will work for him, but first, may he rock that EC this week! :cheer:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
This is awesome article! I love that he talks with Nathan about quads :biggrin: These young gentlemen ara amazing. But he suprised me with clothing company. Hope it will work for him, but first, may he rock that EC this week! :cheer:

thats the main thing i get from the article and that he wants to dress Yuzuru (not his exact words but still ) :biggrin: seriously though, good luck at Europeans! :hap10:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
thats the main thing i get from the article and that he wants to dress Yuzuru (not his exact words but still ) :biggrin: seriously though, good luck at Europeans! :hap10:

Yeah, I was kind of like: "Whaaa..." Though I'd love to see Yuzuru dressed as Daniel :biggrin:

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The clothing company is called White Wolf Black Wolf. They have an Instagram account where you can see the jackets:

https://www.instagram.com/whitewolfblackwolf/

Here is another new article from Israel that talks about the clothing line a bit at the end:

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4756415,00.html

google translate:

Daniel close in time melts the ice on the way to the top

"Off the radar" in the ice rink impressed by the performance of young Israeli virtuoso (17) and in the same breath his imitations crack up laughing. Daniel close in time striving to break into the top global rink and exactly how Sherlock Holmes would help him in this?

US Championships in 2007, Novak Djokovic, then a young tennis player Bhaflto surprise finalist, made headlines not only because of the impressive athletic achievement but also for entertaining gimmick. Djokovic, used to end his games make a crowd pleaser with imitations of the biggest tennis stars: Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Maria Sharapova even.

Like Djokovic, sliding on the ice too young Israeli, Daniel close in time (17) with a gift for imitation and a lot of humor. A few years ago View close in time to the world championship ice skating and imitated his pleasure Patrick Chan, Canadian skating star with a host of medals in the World Championships and the Winter Olympics.

The parents of close in time to not only torn successful imitation of laughter, but also obvious visual similarity between the son and Chan. Close in time decided to film the imitations of Chan and upload them to the Internet. These imitations quickly became a hit in the community ice rink and gave close in time a lot of attention.

"I received a lot of positive feedback on these videos," says close in time, "I did not mean to laugh at God forbid Chan. Everyone asks me if he had seen the imitation and the truth is I'm not sure. I talked to him since, but he never mentioned his imitation . There are two possibilities or that he did not see him, or he saw and did not care. "

Time will tell whether as Djokovic, close in time to become a star not only because of his excellent sense of humor but also for his athletic brilliance, but his opening data certainly promising.

Coach father, the mother is responsible for the choreography
Close in time is one of the greatest hopes of Israel in winter sports. He is considered one of the world's best skaters age. This year he was given an official stamp on it when he was invited to the final Grand Prix for Youth, a prestigious competition in which participants only six best young skaters global round.

Considered his virtuoso performance by any standard. Already at his young age he is able to perform a number of exercises, including jumping complex with four rounds in the air (Quad). Industry commentators did not spare superlatives when transmitting its performance and skates-on like a world champion, Javier Fernandez and Olympic medalist, Denis Ten, heaping compliments on it.

Ordained judges was born in Israel into the ice rink. His parents and his older brother trainers, Massachusetts (25), he slips himself. Close in time to 1998, when he was born, his father was a coach Igor Israeli team. At the age of 3.5 ordained judges left with his family to the United States where he saw his brother sliding on the ice and ran well. Daniel Little used pecking endlessly to his father to teach him to slide. The father hesitated at first and wanted to allow the child to grow before starting to slide, but when his son reached the age of five, He broke down and began to train him. Even today, when close in time he has been a pro skater, business remains a family. The father is the coach, mother Irina is responsible for the choreography and he and his skaters.

Hebrew is enough to forget the long years in the US, but it still feels very connected to Israel and proud to represent her. "When I was 15, my father asked me if I wanted to compete for Israel. At first I was afraid, Israel is a small country and there is a lot of skaters, I had my doubts, "he admits," but when I thought about it I realized it would be great for me to represent the country where I was born, the place where my heart really is. In the end it was my decision. "

Entered into the character of Sherlock Holmes
Despite his young age, the next week close in time to compete at the European Championships for adults and this is not even his first appearance on this occasion. Last year he finished in tenth place respected Israeli team as his friend, Alexei Bitz'nko rated fourth. A very high level in Europe, the most famous European skater Javier Fernandez Spaniard is crowned world champion last year after deposed the titular Iozoro Japanese ships considered the biggest star of the industry. Although the competitors listed, close in time aiming as high as possible. "I want a place on the podium," he declares, "I will have to work very hard for it, I hope to show my best."

The unique character and sense of humor, too close in time to bring the ice surface. Even his bows at the end of the exercise is trying to add a third light and occasionally pulls his tie shirt, waving to her audience. "I want people to feel that no matter how I enjoyed my walking exercise," he says.

Not by chance, he chose his long exercise music, the theme song from the film "Sherlock Holmes". "This music lets me get into the character sometimes bizarre, sometimes clever, sometimes crazy. Sherlock Holmes, it was crazy, he thought about things no one else has thought of. What is sometimes when I concentrated jumping, I forget that I have to be within a specific figure" he says.

Like every athlete dreams too close in time to participate in the next Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang County in -2018, but more than anything he wants to do it together with his brother. Massachusetts currently injured and so gave up this season, but he plans to return next season and try to get the Olympic criteria. Currently, it is not clear whether Israel will be two places at the Olympics ice skating competitions, and may be a scenario in which only one of them can compete. The mother may develop a rivalry within the family? According to Daniel really not, "We work very hard together, we push each other and I hope that at least one of us will come to the Olympics. I'm sure he will not be angry if I did not come, and he will not be upset if the opposite happens."

His own clothing brand
Today, life revolves around ice surface San Diego. US law allows students to study at home instead of at school and close in time to use it to combine school athletic career. His training sessions are held from Monday to Friday, every day four hours devoted to skating and another two and a half to the gym and running. Day Saturday and Sunday are designed for rest.

When it comes to Israel, close in time to not give up on the beach and visit the grub to shawarma, "really a shame that it's not good for sport. Every time I come to Israel I am gaining weight and then I have to download
Then, but my dad let me because he knows that there is amazing food, "says close in time.

Mental maturity he displays on the surface is also reflected in his personal life. For example, despite not yet 18, close in time to have been thinking on both the business and has recently established together with a clothing brand named White Wolf, Black Wolf (white wolf, black wolf). "The idea is to create my own fashion label so people will take part in a journey with me. We've already developed a model father of jackets and in a few months we will start to sell them. I hope to get some clothes for Israel. Money I make I will help my career and I will donate to charity. I have a lot Ideas head. "

As from Wednesday close in time juggling you can watch the ice and into the insane character of Sherlock Holmes at the European Championships in Bratislava will be broadcast in the country Eurosport. If enthuse the young virtuoso's performance, even you will soon invite his jacket.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm very proud of Daniel. He did great and actually has a real chances to make it to the podium! :hap93: