Russia
My girl, it`s so hooot 💓, so poetic and passion! What the hands! 😍🤩

Amm, resalts... 73.26 = 40.75 + 32.51, 1st place after SP

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Decent SP skating from Ivan. A little pity about the hand touching the ice at 3A, otherwise it was a very confident and professional skating, well-deserved 1st place

I was very worried about his recovery from his ankle injury, surgery, and rapid growth, but he did surprisingly well. He kept his 3A, moreover, the axel is more stable than it was last season. His non-jumping elements, choreography, and musicality are very good, especially for a junior. Yes, he's very good.

I hope for a good skating tomorrow.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Interview with the winner.
Most interesting:
- What jumps do you do best in training?
- My best jumps are the 4Lz and 4S. I also land the 4T, but with variable success, it's not that good for me.
- Do you have any program ideas for the new season?
- Yes, I will have a new short and free program. We have ideas of what it will be, but it's too early to tell.
- Do you expect any changes in the content next season?
- Yes, we will strengthen the content with two 4S.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
As always, a very strong skating from Ksyusha, maybe not as emotional as yesterday.
She does a great job and takes away the gold medal!

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The winner of the All-Russian Figure Skating Competition "For the Prizes of St. Petersburg Figure Skating Federation" in women's single skating Ksenia Gushchina summed up the tournament and told about her plans for the next season.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Aleksandrina Degtyaryova's interview after Ksenia Gushchina's victory.
Theses:
- The coaches are happy with Ksenia's work, they give her A (but not A+) for her skating.
- Ksenia was able to loosen up and show a beautiful skating, get a step siquence level 4.
- There is a lot of work to be done on gliding, choreography and learning new elements.
- Next season there will be new SP and FS. Details are not specified, but these will be unconventional looks.
- Ksenia is well motivated, strives for better results and performs the tasks her coach sets for her.
- She doesn't suffer from lack of international competitions as she has never competed in them. The season inside Russia was very well organized, thanks to the Russian Federation for the great number of starts.
- Ksenia was motivated to qualify for RusNat and to show good skate, she reached this goal. She also reached the final of GP(R) and showed a high result there.
- The only start of the season that was not planned was the Channel 1 Cup. It was an unforgettable experience, for which the athlete and coaches are very grateful to the organizers. Ksenia learned a lot and she is very happy that she was at this competition.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Good day for the Davydenko Band! They took away two gold medals out of eight, just as they planned.

Not everything went according to plan for Arseniy Dimitriev and Dmitry Shelkovnikov, but that's experience, which is never a waste. We wish all athletes a good rest, recovery and successful preparation for the new season! Judging by the promising changes in content, the new season should be interesting.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Since we have actually entered the off-season and we won't have any news other than information from the beach or from training for a long time, I decided (as the starter of this thread, in my thread - my rules, why not) to realize what I have long planned for the summer period - "When it all just started" challenge, where I will introduce you to the skaters and coaches of Davydenko Band in retrospective.

Twice a week ( for now I plan for this to happen on Sundays and Wednesdays) until early September, I will be posting videos of some of the current band members or coaches as they skated in the past. For juniors these will be videos from their early juniors, and for coaches - videos of their junior and adult skating.

I will choose an athlete and a skate randomly each time, but I'll try to make sure that no one is offended and all young stars and career-ending talents get their moment of glory. There may be fewer videos for some and more for others, but I'll try to keep it fair. I will also attempt to merge short and free skating into one event, so you will not only get one video, but two.

I won't post videos of Kirill Davydenko's skates, of course, I don't have the key to his videotape closet, and Andrey Mozalev will also be excluded from the lottery, he has enough nostalgic videos on the portal. Olga Belkina's sports achievements deserve respect, but still this portal is visited by fans of another sport, so we exclude her too. Anton, Aleksandrina, Denis will definitely be featured, I want you to get to know them better as skaters.

We start it tomorrow, the first character and his skating have already been chosen :cool:

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
It's time for "When it all just started" challange!

Our first character is Alexandrina Degtyareva. Let's go back to 2012, when she was an 10-year-old girl, and see how she skated in those days.

Let me tell you right away, this child struck me with her irrepressible energy and incredible involvement in the process. She seemed to have an incredible love for figure skating.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Continuing my "When it all just started" challange. Going in chronological order, we start with the earliest skates I found. For the juniors, these are skates from their early childhood, when they were just getting up on skates, but they had already shown themselves to be bright and talented skaters. Here is the earliest skate of Ivan Ramsenkov, he is six y.o. here (2016-2017 season). Even at this early age, when children still have little ability, he stands out for his musicality and artistry among his peers. And we can already recognize him.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

St. Petersburg figure skater, pupil of Kirill Davydenko Ivan Ramsenkov took part in the celebration of the winners of the finals of "Peter the Great Cup". Ivan also wasn`t left without awards. St. Petersburg Figure Skating Federation marked his outstanding services of the season with a valuable gift - a laptop.

By the way this season was not easy for Ramsenkov. He missed the start of the season because of an injury, but he recovered quickly and won three tournaments and was among the winners of four more. We found out who Vanya's idol in the sport is, if there are other figure skaters in his family and what jumps he likes most of all.

- Tell us, why did you choose figure skating?

- At first, I was a swimmer. And my mom brought me to figure skating, when I was only 4 years old. So, I've been skating for 9.5 years now. I always wanted to start skating as fast as possible and when I was allowed to, I could not stop. I was able to do the triple axel perfectly at the age of 11, then I tried some quadruple axels. So I think the triple axel and the four-salchov are my favorite jumps. But I'm working on all of them.

- What is a typical Ivan Ramsenkov`s day?

- I wake up at 6:30, go to my first practice, then to school, and then back to the rink. But I still have time to do my homework, assemble a LEGO constructor, and play chess with my dad or friends.

- Will you have new programs next season?

- Yes, we decided to replace both programs. Right now we are working on a short one. I won't give away all the secrets, but I promise that the productions will be interesting.

- Do you have an idol in figure skating that you would like to look up to?

- There are a lot of talented athletes in our sport. Ilya Malinin, I guess. After all, he was the first one to perform a clean quadruple axel. I'll try to achieve that, too.

- Are you the only figure skater in the family?

- My younger sister Masha also does figure skating, and she's pretty good at it. Recently she took part in a competition and got the 3rd place in the category 3. She is already trying to do a double axel. I'm always happy for her successes.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
It's Sunday again, time for "When it all just started" challange!
Since I was impressed with last night's ice show that I watched live, let's remember another show from way back in 2009. On the ice little Denis Lunin, the future choreographer of team Davydenko, and his partner Valeria Loseva

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
"In your face" birthday cake for Denis Lunin from Mozalev and Co :hb:

Happy birthday, Denis! Thanks for the interesting programs for Andrei.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Okay, it's Wednesday, it's time to get to know the story of another skater from the Davydenko Band. The usual system is to have young skaters appear on Wednesdays, and on Sundays - memories from their coaches' youth.

So, we have a little skater here, and I presented him with a special pleasure, because this guy has never left me indifferent. Unusual, informal and therefore quite memorable, determined and confident on the ice, no matter what happens. He also gets my prize for the widest range of musical material, because I really couldn't help but laugh when I listened to all the music on his programs over the past 10 years.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce Arseniy Dimitriev, 7-8 y.o.
And this is "The Nutcracker" and saxophone music.

Holy crap, the little guy has his own face, he's organic in all of this :)

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Aleksandrina Degtyareva: "Most of all I will miss this music. And that step sequences until we learned a new one.
And the dress, which required the work of a hair spreader before every start."

I miss it too, Aleksandrina 💋 It was an amazing program.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Arseniy Dimitriev wastes no time in ice training

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
It's time for our weekly challange. Today I will introduce you to another talented skater who has joined the Davydenko Band as a coach. Anton Shulepov has been talked about again lately due to his divorce from Alena Leonova. Unfortunately, his sports career was not as successful as it could have been. However, from an early age he was a bright, charismatic and very plastic skater with very good gliding skills. He always attracted attention when he was very young.
Welcome back to 2011, when Anton Anatolievich was still a young Antosha, just like his pupils are now.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
A few pictures of Arseniy Dimitriev from the Russian Junior Championship in Perm.

draw

SP

FP