Davydenko band | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Davydenko band

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Hi everyone, it's Wednesday, and although the new season for Russian juniors starts today, I'm still in the off-season and have a few "junior days" on Wednesdays ahead. Today we will remember about the boy, who in a few hours will have to skate the short program of the new season. Let's go back in time and see how he skated when he was 10 - 11 y.o.

The 2020-2021 season was quite successful for Ivan Ramzenkov. At the main start of the season - the Zhuk Memorial - he was fourth, behind only Kolesnikov, Lazarev and Fedosimov. Since then, the top four has not changed, Ivan is making the content more difficult and aims to be in the top three among the young men of his generation.

SP

FS

Let's wish him good luck on the test skates of the Russian junior national team!

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
St. Petersburg juniors Ivan Ramzenkov and Dmitriy Shelkovnikov at the test skating in Novogorsk. The guys have already skated their short programs and are waiting for the analysis.

1DRWJbT1ZyY.jpg

6WNCD_GIWaY.jpg

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Ivan Ramzenkov.
SP. I can’t dance — Genesis.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Dmitriy Shelkovnikov
SP. Coldplay — O

Not everything has been successful, and Dmitry's physical form is not as good, but they are interesting programs. I liked both boys and am looking forward to FS

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Ivan Ramzenkov FS. 4S, 3A :clap: I already love this program, and I feel like Ivan has taken it a step forward

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
And I definitely love that costume

rHFBuB_R2XE.jpg

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
"You can find a rational grain in every delusional idea". Coach Kirill Davydenko about the team and students
August 17, 2023

St. Petersburg coach Kirill Davydenko came to the junior rentals in Novogorsk together with three students - participants Ivan Ramzenkov and Dmitriy Shelkovnikov and coach Anton Shulepov. Talking about the new programs, Kirill Anatolievich explained why he calls the athletes' programs "live" and why one should not make hasty conclusions after the first shows.

- This year, two of our athletes - Vanya Ramzenkov and Dima Shelkovnikov - are participating in the test skating. Vanya's last season was not easy. At the very beginning, in the fall, he got injured, recovered and at the end of the season he performed. And not just performed, but was selected for the national team. He came second at the Russian Senior Championship "Olympic Hopes" and took third place at the Spartakiada. Moreover, the Spartakiade was Vanya's first serious tournament after the injury. Before that he started at home competitions, but, you must agree, the responsibility is different.

It's a pity, of course, that some time was lost in the season. But no one is immune to injuries. While he was recovering, Vanya continued to do physical training, loaded himself, excluding the injured leg. We built the work so that he recovered as efficiently as possible. This allowed us to finish the season successfully.

Dima, on the contrary, got sick before the rentals. Besides, the guy has grown a lot over the summer. Before the trip to Novogorsk, he couldn't train at full strength for almost three weeks. But I decided that we should go to the rentals, so as not to demotivate the athlete. If you have recovered, it doesn't matter whether you grew up or were sick, you need to get involved, enter the season, show the judges your programs.

This time my former athlete, assistant, coach Anton Shulepov, who set programs for Vanya and Dima, also came to the rentals with me. Anton himself will tell better about the programs, and I will add that we try to make the athletes grow in each new program. A little more "adult" music, images, to reach upwards, so that there was no stagnation, there was development, - says Kirill Davydenko.

-- The music for these programs was selected by Kirill Anatolievich, and I made the programs. But, of course, our whole team helped. Vanya's short program to the song by Genesis "I Can't Dance", where he appears as a man who can't dance - you can see it from the movements at the beginning of the program, but he tries to do it and, in the end, dances. The story is simple enough, but it's how you roll it out that matters.
Free program to music from the movie "Mission", where Ivan has the image of a liberator, defender, a man who gives hope for a better future.

We transformed Dima's new short program from his last year free program "Coldplay - Fly On". The music is beautiful, melodic, calm, and it is exactly what is needed to show the skating, gliding, and skating skills of the skater.

And last season's free skating program to this composition suited Dima very well. I had an interesting idea for his new free skate, and if we manage to play it during the season, it will be cool. I literally put together the music for this free skating piece by piece. It's four compositions: Jo Blankenburg - "Veni Vidi Viki" from the album "Vandals", "Austerlitz" -- Sonata Allegro. The idea is that Dima will try to reveal four different images, from a faceless puppet to a contradictory person, good, evil - different... All this is reflected in the music.

It sounds then inspiring, then aggressive, then gentle, and each musical transition is a move from one element to the next. Like I said, I put this music together piece by piece, calibrating everything by seconds to hit the musical accents. If you roll it up and show it, it's interesting.Anyway, as a director, I like the idea very much.

In general, I am always critical of my programs. It's one thing to propose a program, and another to roll it out on ice. And sometimes in the process of staging and finalizing something turns out to be even more interesting than it was originally conceived. Athletes are all different, and it is interesting for me to see how they present themselves in their images in different programs. How they adapt the program for themselves, open up, add something, - says Anton Shulepov.

- We have a very good team,- Kirill Davydenko continues. - They are mostly my former students - Aleksandrina Degtyareva, Anton Shulepov, our choreographer Igor Koshcheev. We also involve Maria Trenkaeva. She works with the younger group, but she helps a lot with the older ones in working out programs and choreography. Of course, Denis Sergeyevich Lunin, who works closely with Andrei Mozalev, puts programs, deals with sliding....

Young coaches are all smart, motivated, they want to work, they want to achieve results. When you are a little bit undernourished in sports, you still have ambitions, you want to realize yourself further in this activity. I see how the guys want it, and I give them an opportunity, some freedom of action. Naturally, I control them, but I don't bind them, saying, "Do what I say and that's it. On the contrary, I always tell them: "Offer your ideas, even if they are crazy. Because in every delusional idea you can find a rational grain".

By the way, this year we did not invite outside directors. We did the programs by our own efforts. First of all, I think we should give way to young people. And I see that the guys can do well, that it is like a challenge for them, because you work with skaters of the national team of the country, the national team of our city. For example, Alexandrina Degtyareva made a program to Ksyusha Gushchina. Very good. You'll see. Anton Shulepov, as you already know, put programs to Vanya and Dima. And these decisions were not spontaneous. I was looking around, testing, and when I realized that I could trust this case, why not? You see, if I saw that a person had "written himself out", I would say: "Let's pause for a season, try someone from the outside, you'll take a break, the creative impulse will come, and we'll continue". And these guys haven't written themselves out, because they're at the beginning of their journey. Youth coupled with desire and intelligence is a big deal.Throughout the season, our directors will be able to "track" these programs, make changes, improve them. Any program is a living organism. Let's say you have learned a new element and you want to try it out at less important tournaments, so you have to change the program pattern a little bit. Or, for example, you have stabilized something, why not try to insert it into the program? But in this case, of course, you need to change your moves a little bit, something else. And then, athletes grow in skill. Their speed changes: if they started to go faster, it means that they need to add a step somewhere. That's why I say: the program is a living organism, it is constantly changing and needs to be improved. At the beginning of the season viewers can see one scheme of the program, and by the end of the season it will have a new "tuning", although I don't like anglicisms. So you have to understand: what viewers see at the rentals does not give the whole picture, because a lot of work is done "behind the scenes". In training, athletes can show the experts the elements that are not yet inserted in the program, to analyze in detail every nuance. The main task is to show the integrity of the program, to listen to all the comments and recommendations, then to work on the mistakes. And when the program will be rolled, jumped, polished, it will be perceived differently, it will "play".This also applies to the content. Control rolls are the beginning of the season. And it is pointless to jump to conclusions that someone has, say, old content.

Junior skating takes place in August, and the first starts are in October. It is clear that you simplify some things, miss some things. If in the middle of August the athletes will be in perfect shape, what will we get by the national championship?

The main task for the season is the Junior Russian Championship and the Russian Championship. This has always been the case, even when international tournaments were held, because our domestic championships were used to qualify for the European Championships and World Championships. And we had to approach these starts in the best possible shape. And now all the more so," commented coach Kirill Davydenko.

link

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
And some photos:

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Just one photo from Novogorsk

FiIps1YPP4c.jpg

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Anton Shulepov on the test skates. Behind the scene

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Some more photo report from the test skates

Dima Shelkovnikov

Parni.jpg

ShelkovnikovFP.jpg

DavydenkoShelkovnikov.jpg

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Ivan Ramzenkov

RamsenkovFP.jpg

Note the wonderful color accents. From his hand it's as if the light is flowing downwards and laying down in waves.
I like this costume more and more

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
This may not seem entirely out of place, but I want to do it. Happy birthday to Olga "Lyolya" Romanova, the head of Andrei Mozalev's fan club and his PR manager! This kind young woman helps a lot not only Andrei, but all the skaters from Davydenko's group, cheers for them, promotes them, organizes gifts and flowers after performances, toys on the ice. Thanks to her, famous Russian choreographers come to the skaters and work with them on choreography in dance classes and on the ice. I can't miss it and not appreciate her work.
Lyolya, thank you for all your efforts! I hope all your skaters have a successful season.

On the photo - Olga Romanova, Aleksandrina Degtyareva, choreographer Ulyana Smoleninova

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Good Sunday to everyone, folks! The new season is getting closer and closer, and my challenge is tending to come to an end. As I've said before, the closer the end gets, the harder it is for me. I have traveled with the adult athletes on their journey and am reliving the emotions I felt when they announced their retirement. Perhaps the last two Sunday posts will turn out to be quite sad, but they are still to come.

Today it's Anton Shulepov again, his penultimate season 2019-2020. This season he's changing his life, marrying Alena Leonova and joining Kirill Davydenko's group. It should be noted that this season Anton found himself alongside the world's top athletes, at least formally. He was invited to two grand prix events - NHK Trophy in Sapporo, Japan and Internationaux de France in Grenoble, France. Of course, he tried to show maximum results and even tried to perform a quad salchow, but alas, he lost too many points to the top athletes.

Anton is 23 y.o., he is not getting younger and despite his outstanding skating skills and excellent presentation, he already realizes that he will not be a top athlete without quads. I suppose it's even more agony than being average and hoping for nothing, shutting yourself off from the world of stronger athletes in advance. Anton was theoretically capable of achieving a place in the top, he had reason to think so, because he was very talented in many aspects of figure skating and could do a lot of things, and I think he wanted it, but he hit an invisible wall. There's no one to blame here. You can't blame your own body for not being able to learn quadruple jumps when you're 23 years old. The forbidden fruit that Anton was reaching for remained out of reach. All this led to a difficult but predictable decision, which he made the following year, in the incomplete 2020-2021 season.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Dmitriy Shelkovnikov's free program.

Dima is not in the best shape, but I find the program interesting. I'm waiting for a cleaner skate

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Some information about new programs for Konstantin Supatashvili (with ISU):

SP: "Gravity of Love," "Camera Obscura" by Enigma

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Some information about new programs for Konstantin Supatashvili (with ISU):

FS: "Where's my Love" by SYML,

"Who will save you now" by Les Friction

Kirill Davydenko really know a lot about indie music!!!! :love2:

Konstantin has grown a lot over the summer, but he doesn't give up and is practicing. And I hope that classes with great choreographers will help him overcome his stiffness and improve his presentation. I plan on watching him this season.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
It is with great pleasure that I congratulate Olga "Belka" Belkina, a marvelous woman, the coach for general physical training of Davydenko Band skaters, on her birthday. May your enthusiasm and optimism never fade away, Olga!

Last edited: