Denis Ten | Page 64 | Golden Skate

Denis Ten

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I don't know why it took this long to recall this program... which happened just today. I rewatched and tears just gushed out all over again, and haven't stopped. So poignant. :sad21:

Mi Mancherai - I will miss you

I will miss you, if you go away
I will miss your serenity
Your words like songs in the wind
Love that you will now take away

I will miss you if you go away
I don't know how I can go on from now on
The joy, my friend,
will go away with you

I will miss you, I will miss you
Why do you have to go away?
Why the love inside you has been turned off?
Why oh why?
Nothing will change, I know
But inside, I will feel you

I will miss the immensity
of our days, and of our nights together
Your smiles when it became dark
Pureness of a child in you

I will miss you my love
I look at myself and I only see emptiness
Inside

All the joy, my friend,
Has gone away.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
For those who did not get a chance to catch the Kazakh TV showing of Denis Ten and Friends Ice Show, a very kind & considerate Denis fan uploaded it to Google Drive. Denis looked so fabulous in the group number as the Greatest Showman!

To take a beautiful passage from the wonderful words of Mad for Skating of Madforskating.tumblr.com:

Warrior of Kazakhstan

When I think of this tragedy, I think of the majestic golden eagles that fly over the steppes of Kazakhstan towards the sun, fearless and free. I hope Denis is somewhere up there, in a world as beautiful as he was. I like to think that right now, he is up in skater heaven, having a little jumping competition with Sergei Grinkov.

Rest in peace, Denis. You were an angel long before you died. We will never forget you.

:pray: D10 Love :cry:

I thought I finally managed to calm my mind after Denis' death but these words reopened the wound in my soul. They are so beautiful and so powerful. I'm not spiritual person, I don't even have a faith but I believe that some part of Denis is still alive in his parents' and friends' hearts as well as in our memories of him. Not to mention the fact that he was inspiration not only for skaters but for many people who doubt themselves.

I can't say I was his great fan as I'm more involved in ladies' skating and when it comes to men I watch Worlds and Olympic Games. However I always liked to watch interviews with him. He was always so well-spoken and humble, always talked nicely about his country and was proud of his heritage, he never complained but was looking forward instead and every time he was interviewed he expressed how thankful he was to his fans. He got through so many hardships but he preferred to concentrate on brighter things in his life. It's really inspirational

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
https://astanatimes.com/2018/07/suspects-confess-to-killing-olympic-figure-skater-denis-ten/

This makes me even sadder...

"“The police said the trial will be in seven or ten days and they will invite me. The police also told me the man (Kudaibergenov) was detained, that he was previously sentenced, and that he confessed,” said Shamshiyev, as reported time.kz.

The police, however, released Kudaibergenov July 13 under certain conditions.

“Until today, I was sure he is in jail waiting for trial. But today I learnt from the criminal police officers, who came to me to identify the person, that he was in Almaty and is a suspect into Ten’s murder,” he said.

“How can this happen if he was previously sentenced and secondly, he confessed? The police did not say anything,” he added. “If the police had not released him, he would have still been in Astana and would never have come to Almaty and consequently nothing would have happened,” he said.""

how strange that one of the suspect has the same surname as Dimash..... the singer of SOS....

is that song cursed? Daniel Balavoine who is one to have sung it died at 33 in a helicopter crash

Grégory Lemarchal died at 23. He had cystic fibrosis and was waiting for a lung transplant. He sang SOS to great acclaim as well.

Denis Ten, 25, chose it for his Olympic LP, proud of countryman Dimash Kudaibergen who became a star on Chinese TV, in part because of SOS, but never got to skate it at the Olympics after a disastrous SP, and a few months later was murdered by a man with the same surname as the singer.

:eeking:

Denis, it's been a few days already. If the tears have slowed down, they haven't fully stopped. You are missed. You will always live in my memories.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
how strange that one of the suspect has the same surname as Dimash..... the singer of SOS....

is that song cursed? Daniel Balavoine who is one to have sung it died at 33 in a helicopter crash

Grégory Lemarchal died at 23. He had cystic fibrosis and was waiting for a lung transplant. He sang SOS to great acclaim as well.

Denis Ten, 25, chose it for his Olympic LP, proud of countryman Dimash Kudaibergen who became a star on Chinese TV, in part because of SOS, but never got to skate it at the Olympics after a disastrous SP, and a few months later was murdered by a man with the same surname as the singer.

:eeking:

Denis, it's been a few days already. If the tears have slowed down, they haven't fully stopped. You are missed. You will always live in my memories.

Life is stranger than fiction. That is positively eerie, and I'm not one for conspiracy theories or the like.

sakurano

Final Flight
forgiveness of the delay but I still can not realize that he is dead, he had so much to do, he will remain a great champion despite this year was difficult for him.

Thank you Denis Ten for all the work you have done over the last 25 years, it will have made us dream and I will always remember his performance on The Artist and I sing in the rain, it was also a great actor on the ice.

Rest in peace .

Tulipstar

Medalist
I'm still sad about it too.

It's strange that somebody you follow and cheer for is suddenly no more.
This hit me much harder than when a celebrity passes away.

skateflake

On the Ice
Visaliakid, do you perchance know the zipcode? Your post has inspired me to send a message to his family to let them know how much joy Denis Ten provided in my life for many years. Thank you.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Seruleane

Final Flight
I don't know why it took this long to recall this program... which happened just today. I rewatched and tears just gushed out all over again, and haven't stopped. So poignant. :sad21:

Mi Mancherai - I will miss you

I will miss you, if you go away
I will miss your serenity
Your words like songs in the wind
Love that you will now take away

I will miss you if you go away
I don't know how I can go on from now on
The joy, my friend,
will go away with you

I will miss you, I will miss you
Why do you have to go away?
Why the love inside you has been turned off?
Why oh why?
Nothing will change, I know
But inside, I will feel you

I will miss the immensity
of our days, and of our nights together
Your smiles when it became dark
Pureness of a child in you

I will miss you my love
I look at myself and I only see emptiness
Inside

All the joy, my friend,
Has gone away.

Loved this. Thank you.

Seruleane

Final Flight
This has probably been shared many times already, but his "Ambush from 10 sides/Vocussion" FS from 2015 is my absolute favorite program of his, and one of my all time favorite men's programs. I love the music, and his interpretation is wonderful- subtle/introspective in some parts, showy/exciting in other parts. Yuzuru's Seimei is actually somewhat similar IMO, and I always wondered if Yuzuru took inspiration from Denis's program that year. People absolutely adore Seimei and call it a masterpiece, and I never understood why people didn't feel the same about Denis's program.

Here is Denis performing the program at Four Continents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=junIq4REdTI

And at Worlds 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duNcBq8kjDM

ktmsrkn

Rinkside
One of my colleagues, coming once a week to help us with his Russian language skill, looks very much alike Denis Ten.

Even people in the office was talking about it after his Sochi bronze medal, in a few cases, adding his cleanly executed free skating.

Yesterday, when the colleague came and greeted us, it sounds strange though, I could feel for the first time that Denis has really passed away. Until then, for five or six days, his death did not seem like reality to me. I am filled with sorrow now.

Rest in peace, Denis. I would not forget you with other talented athletes died so young.

goldmedal95

Spectator
Seruleane, I thought the same thing about "Ambush from Ten Sides/Vocussion." The first time I saw "Seimei" I wondered if there was influence from "Ambush." Glad to know I am not alone. Both masterpieces.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
This has probably been shared many times already, but his "Ambush from 10 sides/Vocussion" FS from 2015 is my absolute favorite program of his, and one of my all time favorite men's programs. I love the music, and his interpretation is wonderful- subtle/introspective in some parts, showy/exciting in other parts. Yuzuru's Seimei is actually somewhat similar IMO, and I always wondered if Yuzuru took inspiration from Denis's program that year. People absolutely adore Seimei and call it a masterpiece, and I never understood why people didn't feel the same about Denis's program.

Here is Denis performing the program at Four Continents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=junIq4REdTI

And at Worlds 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duNcBq8kjDM

Personally, I respect and appreciate both programs from similar reason - sourcing from tradition, reaching into the culture with appreciation and sensitivity that fueled artist and creator in both Denis and Yuzuru. I find programs corelated in having that great balance between lyricism and dynamism, of course both skaters have had their individual ways of expression and interpretation of music/character, but the common thing was for me this uniqueness factor of re-creating piece of culture/tradition on ice, being inspired by it and at the same time inspiring others to research and get know their own or different cultures/roots.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Personally, I respect and appreciate both programs from similar reason - sourcing from tradition, reaching into the culture with appreciation and sensitivity that fueled artist and creator in both Denis and Yuzuru. I find programs corelated in having that great balance between lyricism and dynamism, of course both skaters have had their individual ways of expression and interpretation of music/character, but the common thing was for me this uniqueness factor of re-creating piece of culture/tradition on ice, being inspired by it and at the same time inspiring others to research and get know their own or different cultures/roots.

Absolutely agree :agree:. I wouldn't mind at all if we saw more of these programs executed with as much finesse and high level of skating as Denis and Yuzuru.