Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 125 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

AgnesR

On the Ice
Super! Most probably, it means that we will see his exhibition program which he couldn't show at WC?! :clapper:

lina4et

Rinkside
Wonderful photo of the coach and his two students :)

I really wonder how having a senior competitor (a friend though) at the same rink influences Deniss' skating and motivation.

I think, this has both positive and negative sides. It is good when there is a senior competitor nearby who motivates to move forward, but when something is not working out for you, but it turns out for him ... It is difficult. This can be a push forward, but also a psychological problem. :scratch2:

Tsurara

On the Ice
I really don't think fans need to worry too much. What fans can do is to believe in their favorites and cheer (or stay quiet and love the way they already are), I think :)
I just guess it's a mental thing like everyone else has said, and Koshiro succeeding quads before Deniss might have made him a little bit impatient perhaps. (And he should know or realize that he is still way ahead of Koshiro in many other things, if that's the case). But as long as Deniss stays being himself and starts believing in himself and his own ability, I too believe he'll be fine. It just takes some time and the time it requires to achieve something should vary person to person. Just because one manages something faster shouldn't mean all should do the same in the same amount of time. Having Ghislain again for coaching would surely help that process, I hope. Maybe what Deniss needs is a bit of mindfulness (ha ha, zen!) than some logic or theories, as icetug said. But that's not something fans can help him with.

A positive news, according to some tweets today, Deniss did his SP program very nicely (in yellow pants ofc!) with clean jumps including a 3A. People tweeted his SP today at SOI Osaka was the best and cleanest of all this season. I hope he has regained his confidence with today's performance!

ime

Rinkside
I really don't think fans need to worry too much. What fans can do is to believe in their favorites and cheer (or stay quiet and love the way they already are), I think :)

Thank you Tsurara for you kind word....I totally agree with you.
Like , First, Koshiro had done nothing wrong to success landing his Quads by all means.
Secondly, I don’t see anything wrong in their relationship . As they both mentioned in their interview, they are friends and rivals as the same time, just like many skaters from the same training group. I would say that they share a pretty healthy and positive relationship...
Last but not the least, I don’t think any of the fan really know what is going on in Deniss’s mind.So why make negative assumption without any valid evidence? As he mentioned in the short interview after FS, he opens to all the experience in order to figure it out.Personally, as a fan I have all my faith in Deniss and will always support him.
Plus, talking about quads, I do think I had saw a successful 4T in the practice video in EU....so, it is definitely on the way~ It just a matter of time to actually land it in real competition. Although it is a less than ideal season for Deniss, but we can’t just neglect his improvement, Can we? [emoji6]

Tsurara

On the Ice
ime, don't worry, nobody is blaming Koshiro here (at least in this thread), Deniss always sounds like a great mature person (which is always seen in Koshiro's interviews everywhere, Koshiro definitely loves and respects Deniss so much) and I'm not at all worried about their relationships ;)

---

Here is a full video of Deniss performing his short program at SOI Osaka on 31st thanks to Uni-san.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rArpeJ7I_ec
and finale with cheerful and enjoyable Deniss in a group number
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkMrXYqHWoM

In Yaginuma's commentary of Deniss' Papa was a Rolling Stone performance, she praised his spins being very beautiful and fast, and the stable axis of the rotation. She pointed out his great foot works in detail like how he pays attention even to his toes, very deliberately and carefully done and yet he uses deep edges as well. And said that each pose he does is beautiful. She's heard that Stephane Lambiel decided to coach him because he fell in love with Deniss' musicality and she sees the best parts of Stephane's influence including spins are seen in Deniss' performance.

ime

Rinkside
Sorry for being over-react to things........ and Thanks for everyone’s great discussion [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]Let’s just pray that things will turn up alright soon [emoji5]

AgnesR

On the Ice
Today is Stephane's birthday! I wish we could enjoy his shows for a long time. Although I like a lot of figure-skaters, he's my most most favourite. :luv17:

It's great that Stephane enjoys coaching. He gives his skills to his students and I'm glad Stephane is Deniss's coach.

We're used to seeing Deniss and Stephane hugging each other. But here Stephane and Diana look so cool! Both so happy as kids! Yes, it's Stephane!

From 3.59 up to the end

https://replay.lsm.lv/lv/ieraksts/l...lidosana-1-diena-isa-programma-diana-nikitina

From the very beginning up to 00.30

https://replay.lsm.lv/lv/ieraksts/l...lidosana-1-diena-isa-programma-diana-nikitina

Happy birthday! And a lot of talented students!:cheer:

AgnesR

On the Ice
Deniss is back in Switzerland! Looks happy! :love: I wish he continued informing us about his every day life more often.

https://www.instagram.com/denissvasiljevs/

Here is a post from Japan fan club.

"Here is a message from Vasilievs to everyone. It's a bit long so I split up into two tweets (I made an appointment through my manager and shot it during my SOI appearance). I'm glad I enjoyed staying in Japan. Training of the next season seems to start soon, but I think it was a good change of mind →"

https://twitter.com/DenissVjpfan/status/1115015414507958273

The tour was most successful, so Deniss might not have crucial financial problems. ;)

Last edited:

icetug

Medalist
From ShibSibs :)

I love the fragment from their Part3 SOI vlog. I'd like Deniss to show his natural vis comica more in his programs sometime ;).

The tour was most successful, so Deniss might not have crucial financial problems. ;)

As he got Latvian Olympic Committee (is it a proper name?) financial support in the maximum amount for the next season I hope it covers some of his expenses, also for additional jumps training. (And after hanging around with Zhenya, Satoko and Liza at SOI he has friends in three possible training centres: in Toronto, St. Petersburg and Takatsuki ;))

icetug

Medalist
First, Koshiro had done nothing wrong to success landing his Quads by all means.
Secondly, I don’t see anything wrong in their relationship . As they both mentioned in their interview, they are friends and rivals as the same time, just like many skaters from the same training group. I would say that they share a pretty healthy and positive relationship...

I'm sorry my post sounded as I'm worried about Koshiro and Deniss relationship (the more about Koshiro's achievements... Everybody knows I like him very much :)). Just wanted to point out that that would be a new situation for Deniss to have a real competitor at the same rink. In fact for me it's great as they can push one another to the point they couldn't achieve without healthy rivarly. Koshiro is in quite different situation as he has to fight for a place in the national team and I feel (but maybe it's just a cliche...) he has more competetive mindset Deniss can share with him. I mean it's nothing wrong for an athlete to say "I want to win" sometimes, not only "I want to perform perfectly". On the other hand I don't know if this additional motivation is what Deniss needs and that's why my wonderings arose.

ime

Rinkside
Sorry Icetug....I guess I had misunderstood before and was a bit over-react .........
But yeah, I do feel like they sometime have different mindset (It is no a right or wrong thing, it just different...)toward skating it may because of their different situation( as you mentioned before) or personality. It will be interested to see how they deal with it and also learn from each other [emoji6], especially Koshiro will turn senior next year.....

lina4et

Rinkside
Just wanted to point out that that would be a new situation for Deniss to have a real competitor at the same rink. In fact for me it's great as they can push one another to the point they couldn't achieve without healthy rivarly.

I think, Deniss has no problems with motivation. My heart was soo hurt :sad4: by his words:
"It feels like the more I prepare, the least it costs. The more I want to do it, the least it costs."
He tries very hard, works very hard and it was too painful to see his tears in the interview after short program on Worlds. But I admire how strong he is!
It was a very long and difficult season, and I hope that next season it will be much easier for him to cope with his emotions.
As for rivalry ... I am a former athlete and I know that rivalry has not only positive sides. Of course, this is all individual and I hope that Deniss will benefit from it. But still, I can't help but worry about it a little, sorry.
Looking forward to the new season!

icetug

Medalist
I think, Deniss has no problems with motivation. My heart was soo hurt :sad4: by his words:
"It feels like the more I prepare, the least it costs. The more I want to do it, the least it costs."

Yes, I've watched the interview and it was heartbreaking. What I'm thinking is a positive influence of observing another elite skater fighting for improvement by a daily training and his motivation during competitions.

Deniss has been working hard and this is clearly visible in improvements of his skating skills (and in his muscles development). It's so sad it didn't bring results he wished for championships (what's more sad is general judging direction rewarding jumps much more than other qualities - also in PCS, what is absurd). Hope he knows some improvements take time: so many skaters display their quads in practice while rarely they can immediately repeat them in competition, sometimes it takes years to succeed. In some cases only work with psychologists helps. So I wish Deniss to stay healthy and keep positive attitude, the success shall come.