Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 174 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

Tutto

Record Breaker
Just to say that his FS is :points:, I haven't been a fan but I am now!
Such a challenging piece of music to skate to (I love classical music passionately but the 20th century leaves me cold apart from Rachmaninov) what a program! Every note, every beat was lived & breathed by Deniss, I re-watched it several times since Friday night. In my mind it is on the level of Patrick's Chopin at 4CC 2016.
God bless you Deniss for skating & Stephane for creating this masterpiece...

DenissVFan

Medalist
Just to say that his FS is :points:, I haven't been a fan but I am now!
Such a challenging piece of music to skate to (I love classical music passionately but the 20th century leaves me cold apart from Rachmaninov) what a program! Every note, every beat was lived & breathed by Deniss, I re-watched it several times since Friday night. In my mind it is on the level of Patrick's Chopin at 4CC 2016.
God bless you Deniss for skating & Stephane for creating this masterpiece...
Welcome to the other side 😉

Stephane choreographed this program together with Kateryna Shalkina, a ballet dancer.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Welcome to the other side 😉

Stephane choreographed this program together with Kateryna Shalkina, a ballet dancer.
Thank you!
Could you point me to some interview/discussion earlier in the season talking at length about his FS choreography?
Many thanks in advance.
My liking the program turning into a proper obsession, rather fast ...:)
It is THE program of the season for me.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Thank you!
Could you point me to some interview/discussion earlier in the season talking at length about his FS choreography?
Many thanks in advance.
My liking the program turning into a proper obsession, rather fast ...:)
It is THE program of the season for me.
This is what I remember:

The new free skate is set to music from the ballet Romeo and Juliet by Sergei Prokofiev, and Vasiljevs is excited about having the opportunity to show a different side in a “different emotional setting.” The skater worked with a Ukrainian prima ballerina who was a principal dancer at Béjart for this program.

“It’s dramatic, but it is very beautiful and classical and aesthetic,” Lambiel revealed. “There is this magic of Russian skating in Deniss. He also has this craziness and you can see that.”

https://www.goldenskate.com/2020/08/deniss-vasiljevs-hopes-to-show-different-side-for-2020-21/

You decided to keep your Free Program. What led to this decision?

There weren’t many possibilities to skate it and as usually the programs that are not too mainstream need some time do develop. Like good wine needs some time to age. I feel like this program needed more of this. On the other hand my Short Program last year was the tango and even though it was a very unique piece, there is a lot of tango in figure skating.

And in this Romeo and Juliet, I also worked with a ballerina and it’s just something that needs to live it’s story, to tell it’s own story.

In this program I am sharing my experience of the story. So imagine someone telling the story and he starts to showing something. So I am trying to re-call the whole thing as best as I can with the flow of emotions.

http://figureskating-online.com/deniss-vasiljevs.html

If I remember correctly he also talked about this here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFl1fVjoQpK/?igshid=1jcc8idhej0js

Ladybug89

On the Ice

DenissVFan

Medalist