Dmitri Aliev: "I am pleased" | Golden Skate

Dmitri Aliev: "I am pleased"

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russia’s Dmitri Aliev defended his overnight lead to win the Junior men’s title at the 2016-17 ISU Grand Prix Final with 240.07 points. Teammate Alexander Samarin finished second with 236.52 points followed by South Korea’s Jun Hwan Cha (225.55).
“Of course I am pleased with the score, but most of all, I am pleased with my skate,” the 17-year-old said after the short. “I think today I really did all the elements with quality and precision. In the lead up to the Grand Prix Final, we changed the way we worked and I have been very focused. The audience was very warm and supportive and I enjoyed the skate a lot.”
More

What are your thoughts on how the junior men performed? Do you have any favorites from this group?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I actually enjoyed the "bottom 2" (if you could say that about an elite group), as the best performers: that adorable munchkin Skirda, and Alexei K., whose skating has improved by leaps and bounds.

Although I did love Dima's reaction in the KnC, and he would be a close 3rd :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Overall, the junior men skated much better than the senior men (opposite of last year). What a pity so few watched or seem to care. I was of course thrilled for Dima, but everyone gave their best effort. Ilia says he was nervous, but you would never have guessed it, he just went out there and did his thing perfectly. :laugh:

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Overall, the junior men skated much better than the senior men (opposite of last year). What a pity so few watched or seem to care. I was of course thrilled for Dima, but everyone gave their best effort. Ilia says he was nervous, but you would never have guessed it, he just went out there and did his thing perfectly. :laugh:

Unfortunately he lost the internal competition against his teammate Zagitova (207,11 vs 207,43).:luv17: