2023-24 Junior Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Junior Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I haven't been commenting much, but I just want to point out something.

I complain a lot about rough music edits. But, I want to congratulate whoever did the music editing for Ava KEMP / Yohnatan ELIZAROV (CAN). That is probably the smoothest transition from one song to another that I have ever heard in a figure skating programme.
Just my thoughts. If you weren't familiar with those artitst (probably everybody are though) you would not even notice the change, you would just think the singer was changed. I was thinking why they have been favourite this season in junior, it is some little things like this that skaters can inadvertently become a favorite of mine, and they seem to enjoy, I always like skaters who have natural smiles.

auser

Record Breaker
Delightful skate from Anastasiia METELKINA / Luka BERULAVA. Well done. Congrats! :clap:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well done as expected, I don't know about Worlds but they are definitely in the hunt for a Euros medal. Speaking of Worlds, any update on Miura/Kihara?

icewhite

Record Breaker
I have such a serious dislike of this team here, maybe it gets better when they go to seniors.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I cannot get rid of an image Luka looks more like ice hockey player than a skater. I don't why, I just always start to think hockey when I see him.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't know what to say. That was just brilliant!

Kudos to them for going for one of Queen's less well-known songs rather than one of their massive hit songs. And it was perfect for skating to!

Of course, I am a massive Queen fan, so I am probably biased.

But, after seeing how good that was, I expect to see more people skating to the "Millionaire Waltz" in the years to come.

They take a massive lead in the FS, and overall.

Deserved champions!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I have such a serious dislike of this team here, maybe it gets better when they go to seniors.
I cannot say I like/enjoy them either. There is something that doesn't work with me... but it could be the program. I liked them with their former partners

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well well.. I am happy about the 2-3-4 positions for young baby Canadian pairs, 2 of them are brand new.

icewhite

Record Breaker
I cannot say I like/enjoy them either. There is something that doesn't work with me... but it could be the program. I liked them with their former partners

I just think they shouldn't be here for several reasons and then I just dislike their costumes so much. But maybe they will fit in much better in current seniors.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I just think they shouldn't be here for several reasons and then I just dislike their costumes so much. But maybe they will fit in much better in current seniors.
I have no problem with them being on the JGP circuit since they couldn't get to the GP circuit.. BUT, I don't think they should be doing both junior worlds and senior worlds. Pick one. Of course, if they are allowed, they are allowed. Just my gut feeling ;)

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I am very happy for Luka and Nastia, they look better than they did with their past partners.
If a team competes in juniors, meets the age requirements, they may compete in juniors. It's not their fault that others couldn't compete.
It shouldn't be their problem.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
BUT, I don't think they should be doing both junior worlds and senior worlds. Pick one. Of course, if they are allowed, they are allowed.
I don't think they'll be left with a choice, Georgia hardly has a second team of the same level, apparently they'll have to take a double load. We'll see, though, maybe something will change.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I don't think they'll be left with a choice, Georgia hardly has a second team of the same level, apparently they'll have to take a double load. We'll see, though, maybe something will change.
Fair enough. If the skaters are also fine with that.. They have to add a lift so probably modify the program... but that's probably already been done.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I have no problem with them being on the JGP circuit since they couldn't get to the GP circuit.
They said they didn't think they'd get GP assignments, but not that they actually wouldn't have. Safina/Berulava placed 4th at Worlds 2021-22, so Metelkina/Berulava should have been eligible for GP assignments under the same "split couple" rule as Peng/Wang (Peng/Jin were 5th at Worlds 2020/21).

Maybe they initially would not have received two assignments, but Hase/Volodin (same rule) & Liu/Nagy also ended up getting second assignments, so these two likely would have too, if they had been patient enough to wait.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
They said they didn't think they'd get GP assignments, but not that they actually wouldn't have. Safina/Berulava placed 4th at Worlds 2021-22, so Metelkina/Berulava should have been eligible for GP assignments under the same "split couple" rule as Peng/Wang (Peng/Jin were 5th at Worlds 2020/21).

Maybe they initially would not have received two assignments, but Hase/Volodin (same rule) & Liu/Nagy also ended up getting second assignments, so these two likely would have too, if they had been patient enough to wait.
that nuance is very important. Thanks for sharing.