Edmunds to debut 2015-16 season in Anaheim | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Edmunds to debut 2015-16 season in Anaheim

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But Polina won 4CC, so she won one of the major titles last season. I always find it interesting that being European champion really is something whereas 4CC champion counts as almost nothing.

I do find that very strange. Cause like even the best of the best in the EU still do Euros during Olympic season...but that's probably due to that...well it's all EU countries and 4CC has N. and S. America, Africa, Asia, and Australia. All over.

Probably cause figure skating has more of.....I can't find the word.......in the EU.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Watched the video..Don't like the front of her dress, otherwise she is good for the beginning of the season! For those mentioning that Satoko is a contender, puh-leease...Her 2 place was pure luck

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do find that very strange. Cause like even the best of the best in the EU still do Euros during Olympic season...but that's probably due to that...well it's all EU countries and 4CC has N. and S. America, Africa, Asia, and Australia. All over.

Probably cause figure skating has more of.....I can't find the word.......in the EU.

History!! 4cc was also closer time wise to the Olympics than Euros were. I still think it's the longer history of Euros myself and maybe the close proximity of the nations involved.

Last edited:

humbaba

Final Flight
I like Polina's dress. I might prefer it to be even simpler, because I'm a "less is more" type. Polina, on the other hand, seems to like some embellishment and froufrou in her costumes. The black dress seems like a reasonable compromise. Simple and elegant enough to show off Polina's long lines, yet with some design elements at the neck so that it's not too simple. I wouldn't mind if she kept this dress for the season.

Last edited:

Amei

Record Breaker
But Polina is 17yo. Gracie is almost 20yo I think she is stagnant.

I think more people see Polina as 'better' because she's 17 vs. 20 and seemingly has more time to get it together and win major titles - whereas Gracie we've been hearing 'top medal contender' for 2 years and there's been lackluster results.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well Gracie just dominated a top US group of Ladies and considering she's usually a slow starter this is bad news for US Ladies hoping to challenge at Nationals this year. She looks in much better shape then she did at the start of last season too. Is this the year GG finally puts it all together?

amc987

On the Ice
Dress notwithstanding, Gracie's new SP was the best thing I've seen her do since the 2014 season. Her 2014 Nationals/ Olympics programs were a big improvement at the time if a little cold and princessy. This Mexican tango has the potential to bring out her sass/ fire. I loved it.

And for a Frank Carroll program, it seemed unique, not just like a cookie-cutter rendition of all the Latin programs we see.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw a video of Gracie's Firebird FS and it is spectacular, and this is August! Gracie puts lots of little details and character in it, so much better than Pogo's jumping robot version last year.

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
I saw a video of Gracie's Firebird FS and it is spectacular, and this is August! Gracie puts lots of little details and character in it, so much better than Pogo's robotic jumping version last year.

1. Do you honestly think Gracie would be doing Firebird if Pogo didn't do it last year?
2. Pogo's had quite a few dramatic moments in it and it actually weaved a bit of a story together... Gracie basically just did bird like things gracefully. There's not much fire there (yet).

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I think the part Gracie at this moment did clearly better than Pogo is connecting to the Music. All highlights of Firebird music is spot on. Whereas Pogo, you can tell that she is a second or 2 behind music, or just no reference to music at all.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw a video of Gracie's Firebird FS and it is spectacular, and this is August! Gracie puts lots of little details and character in it, so much better than Pogo's jumping robot version last year.

Do you ever post without throwing shade :no:

What does Pogo's Firebird have to do with Gracie's? Besides if we're forced to compare the two from last season I'm not sure Gracie would be free of criticism herself. taking cheap shots at Pogo doesn't help make a case for Gracie and as a Gracie fan I think it serves against her better interests. There is plenty of good about Gracie's Firebird to not have to resort to smear tactics to highlight them.

This is a thread about Polina anyway. :confused:

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
Dress notwithstanding, Gracie's new SP was the best thing I've seen her do since the 2014 season. Her 2014 Nationals/ Olympics programs were a big improvement at the time if a little cold and princessy. This Mexican tango has the potential to bring out her sass/ fire. I loved it.

And for a Frank Carroll program, it seemed unique, not just like a cookie-cutter rendition of all the Latin programs we see.

Mexican tango?:unsure:

Polina´s LP only 2min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJSY6pqmVwU&feature=youtu.be
I don´t know, the combination of the inappropiate dress:disapp: (I am sure it is only for this competition), the girls screaming:mad: and not good jumps. I don´t like it, but I need see it in another competition and complete of course.

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
Mexican tango?:unsure:

Polina´s LP only 2min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJSY6pqmVwU&feature=youtu.be
I don´t know, the combination of the inappropiate dress:disapp: (I am sure it is only for this competition), the girls screaming:mad: and not good jumps. I don´t like it, but I need see it in another competition and complete of course.

The girls screaming caught me off guard. Is it typical for the audience to react like that before a jump? If so, I've never noticed it in any other competition videos...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The girls screaming caught me off guard. Is it typical for the audience to react like that before a jump? If so, I've never noticed it in any other competition videos...

It's been reported that it was cheering from an opposite rink near by.

Skategmt

On the Ice
Not sure if anyone has already said this, but I noticed that the dress Polina wore for her free at Glacier Falls is also the dress she wore for her 4C exhibition to "16 Going on 17". The only difference is that the exhibition costume has puffy sleeves and the freeskate dress did not. It looks like the sleeves were removed for the comptition.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I found it very distracting. I felt bad for her. It sounded like it was right in the rink!

It's likely if it was from another rink Polina was unaware. Probably only noticeable from the stands where the camera is and especially if it's similar to my rink. Are there two sheets of ice connected by one roof that share a common mezzanine? Besides how much concentration does one of Polina's caliber need to execute single jumps :biggrin:

Last edited: