Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya & Harley Windsor | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya & Harley Windsor

LazarusPitHotTub

Rinkside
After the short program at the US International Figure Skating Classsic they are sitting in 3rd. Their new short program looks really great and fun and I think that it has a lot of potential for them! (Also as a side note the costumes looked great too)

They have different jumps in this season’s short as well, the triple loop for the SbS and the throw triple lutz for their throw jump.

Here’s a link to their sp: https://youtu.be/joNc6LCjGEI
:yahoo:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
After the short program at the US International Figure Skating Classsic they are sitting in 3rd. Their new short program looks really great and fun and I think that it has a lot of potential for them! (Also as a side note the costumes looked great too)

They have different jumps in this season’s short as well, the triple loop for the SbS and the throw triple lutz for their throw jump.

Here’s a link to their sp: https://youtu.be/joNc6LCjGEI
:yahoo:

I really enjoyed it too! INXS is a great choice! And their costumes are really nice.

Best of luck to them in the FS! I hope they stay on the podium!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They did! Bronze. :) No video of their FS available as yet, though.

I saw! I'm disappointed I can't find any video of their free skate though, I wanna see it!

Hopefully it'll show up soon, otherwise we'll have to wait until the GP to see it!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Both programs are brilliant. I can't wait to see how they go with a bit more mileage.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
I love the packaging (costumes, choreography and music), but boy oh boy, that was a rough first outing for them.

I wonder if skating at altitude had anything to do with all of the untidy errors.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I love the packaging (costumes, choreography and music), but boy oh boy, that was a rough first outing for them.

I wonder if skating at altitude had anything to do with all of the untidy errors.

I think it was, Harley posted on Instagram that skating at altitude is no fun: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnvpzEsDzPu

On the plus side the costumes look super gorgeous in that shot though!

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just updated their OP. I hope you'll enjoy finding their programs info, videos, results and other stuff in one place.

GF2445

Record Breaker
They made some nice progress since US Classic, but you can tell that this is a slow start to the season for them.
They have a great SP, I hope they can pull it off comfortably soon.
Their FS, still looks uncomfortable for them. But I hope that they will get it together for Skate Canada.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
They made some nice progress since US Classic, but you can tell that this is a slow start to the season for them.
Their FS, still looks uncomfortable for them. But I hope that they will get it together for Skate Canada.

Me, too.

Russian rivals they beat at the Junior Grand Prix level last season have now overtaken them.

Also, even though the pairs' free skate has been reduced by 30 seconds, you have to wonder if this doesn't make getting everything done in less time even more difficult. So far, all of the programs I've watched are element - element - element, just banged out one after the other with very little breathing space between each move.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

It's fine. The Bs aren't the time to worry. They have two GPs and those are much more important. I'll take a little slow start to the season if it means they'll be raring to go for the GP.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Pretty good short today! Just the 2T burned them a little. I really like this SP!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Pretty good short today! Just the 2T burned them a little. I really like this SP!

I agree! I even got up early to watch it live and it was a good skate.

Also how did Katia land that throw jump? Not even her coach could believe it :laugh:

Good luck in the FS Katia and Harley - which I don't think I'll be able to watch live because it's on at like 5am and I can't get up that early twice in a row.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They did look very good in the SP this morning - yes, there were a couple of errors, but they seemed much more comfortable and confident than in their Challengers, and the emotional connection to the music is starting to come in more strongly too. This is their 'growing year', I think, in terms of development as a couple, and you can see them doing it skate by skate.