Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 473 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

The Finn

Record Breaker
What happened to them? I need to look many pages, to find this thread.

Haha, this has happen to me too. A while back I was looking one fan thread and I found it on page 7 or something. And it wasn't even that long ago that I had posted on that thread.

As much as I like Ruslan, I think Elena needs another partner, a strong man who suits her personality better.

Now is not the time to do partner changes but if she would decide to change partner after next season then who would you like to be her new partner? Realistically speaking I don't think there is that much options, at least among Russian skaters.

lappo

Final Flight
No! But they all 3 look alike, you don't think? :)
I don't know her age, but Davankova looks very young to me...

Davankova is 18 years old, I think, not much older than Morozov's own daughter (15, I think). I don't remember if she is wife n° 3 or 4, though...

tulosai

Record Breaker
Davankova is 18 years old, I think, not much older than Morozov's own daughter (15, I think). I don't remember if she is wife n° 3 or 4, though...

I think actually she'll be 19 soon now- it's hard to believe this but I think they've almost been married a year already. She's wife #3 as far as I know.

Regarding Ruslena, I hope they are doing well in the off season!!!! I hope we'll hear some good news from them soon :)

tyr10

Spectator
I was watching Worlds over the weekend and started wondering whether Ilia Tkachenko ever had a tryout with Elena. They seemed to be out of partner at the same time and he seems like a strong enough partner for Elena.

Marta25

Medalist
I was watching Worlds over the weekend and started wondering whether Ilia Tkachenko ever had a tryout with Elena. They seemed to be out of partner at the same time and he seems like a strong enough partner for Elena.

I remember back in 2014 there were rumors that she wanted to try out with Tkachenko, but after trying out with Ruslan, they quickly announced their new partnership. Lucky for us Ruslena fans, Kustarova was faster to snatch Elena for her student than Shpilband :biggrin:

tyr10

Spectator
I remember back in 2014 there were rumors that she wanted to try out with Tkachenko, but after trying out with Ruslan, they quickly announced their new partnership. Lucky for us Ruslena fans, Kustarova was faster to snatch Elena for her student than Shpilband :biggrin:

I see. Thanks for your answer! They both seem to be happy with their choices so all the best to all of them! Hopefully they all get to go to the Olympics!

lennicky

Rinkside
Hi!
I don't know if you have read it but in the thread about russian ID state, it is said that there are rumors that assure that Lena and Nikita are thinking about rejoining for the Olympic games.
I hope that rumors not to be true because I like Ruslena and because Ruslan doesn't deserve that

Marta25

Medalist
Hi!
I don't know if you have read it but in the thread about russian ID state, it is said that there are rumors that assure that Lena and Nikita are thinking about rejoining for the Olympic games.
I hope that rumors not to be true because I like Ruslena and because Ruslan doesn't deserve that

The rumor is based on a tweet by TSL. No idea how well connected they are with the Russian Fed or skaters. Let's just wait and hope this rumor is untrue like the one back in 2015.

alithia

Final Flight
Rumors by nature cannot assure anything because rumours are not based on evidence. I personally choose to believe facts although rumours are fun if they don't create problems .
This is basically their lives and careers.Nobody knows what happens behind closed rink doors . This story taught me that there is more than black and white in life. And I always wait for facts now and not speculation
The tweet was deleted and the content is everywhere . I miss the days people new what netiquette is. 😂

Last edited:

Marta25

Medalist
Rumors by nature cannot assure anything because rumours are not based on evidence. I personally choose to believe facts although rumours are fun if they don't create problems .
This is basically their lives and careers.Nobody knows what happens behind closed rink doors . This story taught me that there is more than black and white in life. And I always wait for facts now and not speculation
The tweet was deleted and the content is everywhere . I miss the days people new what netiquette is. 😂

Yeah, it`s insane the amount of gossip and rumors that surrounds I/Z all the time. I`m also in the wait and see mode and if the worst happens..well they always will be Russian National Champion. :)

musicfan80

Medalist
The rumor is based on a tweet by TSL. No idea how well connected they are with the Russian Fed or skaters. Let's just wait and hope this rumor is untrue like the one back in 2015.

How do I say this tactfully? I don't trust gossip anyway, but I think TSL is less able to "be in the know" since Jenny left. After some of the "gossip" about skaters that Dave has said in competition recaps and "This & Thats", I wouldn't trust him information if I were a skater. Just sayin'. ;)

No kidding! Is it really that difficult to wait for a press release? :drama:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
It is so easy to get everyone up in arms over a deleted tweet....[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lennicky

Rinkside
There is a rumor on the Russian forums that it is Ruslan who is injured and he is actually unable to skate, but as far as I can tell this isn't backed up by anything other than the total radio silence from him and Elena... not even a deleted tweet

I have just read that in another forum. I wish it wasm't true...

Mattieu

Medalist
There is a rumor on the Russian forums that it is Ruslan who is injured and he is actually unable to skate, but as far as I can tell this isn't backed up by anything other than the total radio silence from him and Elena... not even a deleted tweet

I have just read that in another forum. I wish it wasn't true...

On Elena's private instagram, it seems she is on holiday at the moment from the photos she is posting.

I do remember Ruslan having a very big back brace in some off ice photos last year.
Was this just precautionary or was it a sign that he has a weakness in his back which could be the injury?

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
On Elena's private instagram, it seems she is on holiday at the moment from the photos she is posting.

I do remember Ruslan having a very big back brace in some off ice photos last year.
Was this just precautionary or was it a sign that he has a weakness in his back which could be the injury?

I think it could be a combination of both but not as traumatic as others are making it out to be. I get the impression that the guys are just quietly taking care of their issues and working as smartly as they can.

OTOH, how is our girl doing? Can you say where she is and if she's looking fit? I would have imagined they were working some before this break as Ruslan has also been missing from action from his social media.

All the best to the guys. Mattieu, you can PM me if you think that might be more appropriate.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
You did not accidentally confuse the daughter of Morozov (Annabel Morozov) and Vasilisa Davankova (his wife)? :shocked:

I don't think this is the most appropriate thread to be discussing this in or a topic that should be discussed at all... I will just say that the fact there is a possibility of confusing his daughter with his wife is disturbing enough...

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Hi!

I would be shocked if this were true. I highly doubt it... it doesn't even make sense