Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 98 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

alithia

Final Flight
It's like the press in Russia made up in their minds that Elena and her team needs to be taken down a peg or two. Almost all their interviews are so sharp, hardly ever soft and encouraging. I was surprised that Tatiana Flade uttered in their coverage of the short dance at RN "well everyone knows they were both dumped by their previous partners" tacky much? If anyone has a link to the Japanese version I would appreciate it.

Nonetheless, Kustarova is very keen on the prevailing attitudes in Russia so she absolutely gives nothing away in interviews. If I were them I'd fly under the radar and give them nothing till after EC and WC. Sheesh.

I don't get the feeling the press in Russia is harsh on IZ.I have read a lot of encouraging things, and very very good reports on the team.And nobody ever questioned their results and title. I guess I wouldn't try to translate, maybe it's my russian that caused the misunderstanding.

I just meant that this person, who is a freelancer by the way and could very well be around the forums, asked this thinking it's a good question to get some attention.
LisaM could help , I think I've messed it up and will probably stay away from translating

Last edited:

uhh

Medalist
It's like the press in Russia made up in their minds that Elena and her team needs to be taken down a peg or two. Almost all their interviews are so sharp, hardly ever soft and encouraging. I was surprised that Tatiana Flade uttered in their coverage of the short dance at RN "well everyone knows they were both dumped by their previous partners" tacky much? If anyone has a link to the Japanese version I would appreciate it.

Nonetheless, Kustarova is very keen on the prevailing attitudes in Russia so she absolutely gives nothing away in interviews. If I were them I'd fly under the radar and give them nothing till after EC and WC. Sheesh.

How was it tacky? People do know that was what the former partners did, is she supposed to ignore what happened & not explain to any causual viewers who haven't tuned in since the Olympics why the girl who did the Black Swan program is suddenly skating with someone completely different? And the rest of the press has treated them no differently to any other team; their achievements are respected & areas they need to improve are pointed out. No one is being rude, or knocking them down. Please don't let this turn into a thread where we can't be objective about our favourite skaters.

alithia - don't worry, your translating is very helpful & much appreciated!

bramweld

Record Breaker
How was it tacky? People do know that was what the former partners did, is she supposed to ignore what happened & not explain to any causual viewers who haven't tuned in since the Olympics why the girl who did the Black Swan program is suddenly skating with someone completely different? And the rest of the press has treated them no differently to any other team; their achievements are respected & areas they need to improve are pointed out. No one is being rude, or knocking them down. Please don't let this turn into a thread where we can't be objective about our favourite skaters.

alithia - don't worry, your translating is very helpful & much appreciated!

Point taken, it wasn't my intention to offend. Maybe I was reading too much into things. I just don't like the language used sometimes. I can be a bit nitpicky about certain things.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
These conspiracy theories that the whole World is against IZ is tiring. There is absolutely no proof that they are being treated differently than any of the other Russian teams.

alithia

Final Flight
These conspiracy theories that the whole World is against IZ is tiring. There is absolutely no proof that they are being treated differently than any of the other Russian teams.

Sometimes they just have to do with the fact that some of the fans in russian forums that really liked Nikita can't get over certain things, so underestimate IZ in the back of their minds, thinking he was our everything.So they get out in different forums, and people read them, and sometimes google translate doesn't help, so it becomes a mess

Last edited:

LisaM

Medalist
LisaM could help , I think I've messed it up and will probably stay away from translating

Ha well my Russian isn't great either, but what I understood from that first question was that she said they weren't new to preparing for European Championships. I wasn't sure about whether they were talking about the programs itself.

alithia

Final Flight
Point taken, it wasn't my intention to offend. Maybe I was reading too much into things. I just don't like the language used sometimes. I can be a bit nitpicky about certain things.

No big deal, really.Sometimes things sound more harsh in Russian, in English we would put them differently, with all the polite nuances we've got

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Sometimes they just have to do with the fact that some of the fans in russian forums that really liked Nikita can't get over certain things, so underestimate IZ in the back of their minds, thinking he was our everything.So they get out in different forums, and people read them, and sometimes google translate doesn't help, so it becomes a mess

I don't think it has anything to do with Nikita or IK. These conspiracy theorists have this persecution complex and are ready to pounce at any perceived injustice and even count how many articles are written about all the Russian dance teams.

alithia

Final Flight
I don't think it has anything to do with Nikita or IK. These conspiracy theorists have this persecution complex and are ready to pounce at any perceived injustice and even count how many articles are written about all the Russian dance teams.

It's an admirable trait to remember al these articles considering some of us can't even remember what we had for breakfast.:laugh2:(Talking about myself here,I need Yoga classes)

Back to the article, I like the way Kustarova sets her team's priorities. They seem to be well focused and working with a plan since early summer when she first talked to the media

bramweld

Record Breaker
It's an admirable trait to remember al these articles considering some of us can't even remember what we had for breakfast.:laugh2:(Talking about myself here,I need Yoga classes)

Back to the article, I like the way Kustarova sets her team's priorities. They seem to be well focused and working with a plan since early summer when she first talked to the media

Too funny. I wonder though will that interview with Ruslan ever come out?

alithia

Final Flight
Vaitchekhovskaya was at the Biathlon world cup event, she said soon, she has to publish Minenkov first, and then Ruslan

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Vaitsekhovskaya is a former Olympic Champion in diving and the daughter of a Famous swimming coach. She was essentially the founding journalist of Sport-express (I believe sport express started out as a refuge for sovietskiy sport journalists)

LenaRusfan

Rinkside
Well... Not theories but reality : all the support of the russian figure skating federation as well as press coverage , russian TV was notably focused on the pair SK. They got Zueva as a coach, and her services are paid by the Russian figure skating federation. They come to the nationals after their flop in Japan and are interviewed and shown on TV before the competitions as if they are number one . And they are not even number 2 or 3 ... Oh, well ...
And IZ it is a totally DO it yourself project with minimum expense, just a lot of work and talent .

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well... Not theories but reality : all the support of the russian figure skating federation as well as press coverage , russian TV was notably focused on the pair SK. They got Zueva as a coach, and her services are paid by the Russian figure skating federation. They come to the nationals after their flop in Japan and are interviewed and shown on TV before the competitions as if they are number one . And they are not even number 2 or 3 ... Oh, well ...
And IZ it is a totally DO it yourself project with minimum expense, just a lot of work and talent .
I think the media attention only shows that Zueva is good at connections and PR.