Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 96 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Hey don't jinx it:laugh2:There are quite a few people wishing for the exact opposite ( and won't let go) So I think I just want them to skate well and have fun, and if they do exactly this I will be more than glad (mantra time)

Lol I'm not trying to jinx:) they are strong mentally as they have been through so much.

bramweld

Record Breaker
They are just so beyond their material just now especially the FD, they might even do better at WC than worlds, with all the impending changes. But I do hope they represent themselves adequately at EC.

LenaRusfan

Rinkside
Ruslan is great ! He is almost as good as Elena (-; Elena us perfect, and he makes her shine even more !
Love them both! Wishing them gold in European championship.
😎

Caustica

Final Flight
Sorry this is a bit random but I love how quickly this thread is going! It was only started so recently but it's already one of the longest Fan Fest threads! So excited for Euros :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think they could pull off gold, it will be tough but not out of reach. I feel their only challengers are P/C. I am not impressed with C/L this year, don't love their programs
Maybe it's the pessimist in me, but I think the judges will go with C/L over I/Z, barring a major meltdown. I hope I'm wrong.

wolkenschloss

Rinkside
Sorry this is a bit random but I love how quickly this thread is going! It was only started so recently but it's already one of the longest Fan Fest threads! So excited for Euros :)

I'm curious when this thread reaches 1000 pages.
Surely the best is yet to come. So excited for their future programs, then they are so young can compete till 2022 if they want.

chameleon

On the Ice
Maybe it's the pessimist in me, but I think the judges will go with C/L over I/Z, barring a major meltdown. I hope I'm wrong.
Really? Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I thought the opposite. C/L severely damaged their reputation at CoC, and now Ruslena are National Champions and Russia #1. Not to mention, Marina's teams have had level problems all season. Still, we will have to see what the judges think.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker

C/L have been unimpressive this season. They did themselves no favors at COC. I take no stock in their scores at Italian Nationals either. They are good but they aren't a strong team.

Alba

Record Breaker
C/L have been unimpressive this season. They did themselves no favors at COC. I take no stock in their scores at Italian Nationals either. They are good but they aren't a strong team.

I agree. However I do see Sandpiper fear, and I do feel the same. The judges might feel that C&L at CoC was a one of the mistakes which happens to anyone, especially early on in the season. They still have a reputation as WC, so Ruslena better rock it! :dance:
However, I don't think this year is about beating C&L or the other top 3 couples in the world. This year is about moving up the ranks and do well for themselves. :cheer:

Last edited:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I agree. However I do see Sandpiper fear, and I do feel the same. The judges might feel that C&L at CoC was a one of the mistakes which happens to anyone, especially early on in the season. They still have a reputation as WC, so Ruslena better rock it! :dance: However, I don't think this year is about beating C&L or the other top 3 couples in the world. This year is about moving up the ranks and do well for themselves. :cheer:

C/L were gifted that World Title. Personally I would have had it:

P/B
W/P
C/L- only because I/Z has the SD mistake

I swear there is not enough Yoga in the world for me to find inner light....

Sandpiper

Record Breaker

P/B
W/P
I completely agree (P/B's free dance should've cleared them by several points--the PCS were ridiculous).

The problem is, I think the judges like C/L. Even with what was, imo, a snoozy FD, they won Worlds over wonderful skates from P/B and W/P. Then at CoC they placed higher than I/Z even with a fall. Now, that was Lena and Ruslan's first outing and the judges weren't ready; maybe it won't happen again.

I'm conflicted, because I don't want another bad skate to happen to C/L. That just seems way too cruel after CoC. But I want I/Z to place Top 2 at Europeans, and I'm worried it won't happen unless C/L have a meltdown.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Gold or Silver is difficult IMO since they're still unpolished in their FD. I only hope they will have some fun out there, and gain some confidence.

Alba

Record Breaker

P/B
W/P

I swear there is not enough Yoga in the world for me to find inner light....

:laugh:

I agree with you, but if I&Z can just make it to the podium is a big success. :)

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
:laugh: I agree with you, but if I&Z can just make it to the podium is a big success. :)

I think they will. They are good for at least a bronze if the judges are going to judge by reputation. If it's going to be judged properly silver. I do think P/C have the edge in the free plus they have been together a long time. Their free dance is the strongest I'd say while I/Z have the strongest SD.

uhh

Medalist
I think they will. They are good for at least a bronze if the judges are going to judge by reputation. If it's going to be judged properly silver. I do think P/C have the edge in the free plus they have been together a long time. Their free dance is the strongest I'd say while I/Z have the strongest SD.

I'm really interested in how P/C will do - for me, the marks from the judges are saying "we really really love your free dance, but we aren't sure yet if we love you". I/Z getting higher PCS in the SD at GPF than them was big. P/C's FD is beautiful, but it's also designed to hide Gabi's weaknesses & doesn't demonstrate the equal work shared between the partners that is a PCS bullet - he positions her a lot. Plus they are miles apart in hold. I/Z have weaker choreo, but they skate as equals, they are great in hold & improving at every event. I'd have P/C ahead on the CH mark, but I/Z close or ahead in every other PCS category. For me, it should all come down to levels, and although P/C have been hitting theirs slightly more reliably, they've also only really skated the FD well & freely at Masters, Nationals & CoC - times when they had no competition or weren't expected to win. Now they are going into an event as the clear favourites & I wonder how they will hold up mentally.

Mattieu

Medalist
Uhh,
I would have agreed with you a year ago, but now I think Gabriella has improved loads since she gone to Montreal, and I think she is now looking very good.
Not in the same league as Guillaume, but she can now hold her own against most of the top girls.