Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 97 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Uhh, I would have agreed with you a year ago, but now I think Gabriella has improved loads since she gone to Montreal, and I think she is now looking very good. Not in the same league as Guillaume, but she can now hold her own against most of the top girls.

I agree she has improved. She is loads better than last year but she has a little building to do still. Especially on her twizzles.

Alba

Record Breaker
I think they will. They are good for at least a bronze if the judges are going to judge by reputation. If it's going to be judged properly silver. I do think P/C have the edge in the free plus they have been together a long time. Their free dance is the strongest I'd say while I/Z have the strongest SD.

I'll sign on that immediately. ;)

elif

Medalist
Papadakis/Cizeron's paso doble pattern looks more sure, more powerful and bigger ice coverage but Ilinykh/Zhiganshin's side by side steps also looks bigger, more sure and powerful. I don't know how to score overall skating skills for them.

P/C and I/Z are my favorite teams. Imagine me after GPF SD :drama::laugh: I hope good performances from both of them in Europeans.:cheer:

Marta25

Medalist
It`s exciting to have again 2 strong European ice dance teams. Nothing against C/L, but both their titles last year were a case of being on the right place, on the right time. I`ve the feeling, they will end up similar like F/S and the judges will use the first chance they get to dump them.

uhh

Medalist
Uhh,
I would have agreed with you a year ago, but now I think Gabriella has improved loads since she gone to Montreal, and I think she is now looking very good.
Not in the same league as Guillaume, but she can now hold her own against most of the top girls.

She has improved a lot, but she's still significantly weaker than him & not at the level of the other top teams in the world & they rely on Guillaume a lot to hide it. But she is still young & has time to improve even more.

Alba

Record Breaker
Papadakis/Cizeron's paso doble pattern looks more sure, more powerful and bigger ice coverage but Ilinykh/Zhiganshin's side by side steps also looks bigger, more sure and powerful. I don't know how to score overall skating skills for them.

Easy for me. Giving for granted that both Elena and Guillaume are the best, Ruslan is the one with much better skills than Gabrielle. The better couple in SS are I&Z. You can see that in the StSq.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Easy for me. Giving for granted that both Elena and Guillaume are the best, Ruslan is the one with much better skills than Gabrielle. The better couple in SS are I&Z. You can see that in the StSq.

I agree. Their step sequence speed is all edge generated.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I think they will. They are good for at least a bronze if the judges are going to judge by reputation. If it's going to be judged properly silver. I do think P/C have the edge in the free plus they have been together a long time. Their free dance is the strongest I'd say while I/Z have the strongest SD.

They have awfully over-inflated GOE bonus that's for sure. Their BV is pretty much beatable. PCS on the other hand looks out of reach.

chameleon

On the Ice
They have awfully over-inflated GOE bonus that's for sure. Their BV is pretty much beatable. PCS on the other hand looks out of reach.

I did notice that their BV was more than two points lower than Ruslena's at GPF. If the judges finally start giving I/Z the GOE they deserve, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could manage to beat them on the strength of their TES.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I did notice that their BV was more than two points lower than Ruslena's at GPF. If the judges finally start giving I/Z the GOE they deserve, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could manage to beat them on the strength of their TES.

This.

peg

Medalist

I agree. Also, I/Z are improving more quickly simply because they're gelling as a team. P/C have had years together to gel, so the improvement there is mostly just getting the mileage and polish on their programs. I/Z have improvements on both of those, plus getting the recognition from the judges. I think we could very well see I/Z overtake P/C either at Euros or Worlds.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

Same for P/C. These +3's all over the panel look kinda weird.

uhh

Medalist
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1026606709.html

Can anyone help out with a translation, because my limited Russian is not getting me very far - I think Kustarova says they are not making changes to the free dance, but then she also says they've made it more complex? Or does she mean they wouldn't make a completely new program, they've jut been working on improving what they have already?

alithia

Final Flight

Can anyone help out with a translation, because my limited Russian is not getting me very far - I think Kustarova says they are not making changes to the free dance, but then she also says they've made it more complex? Or does she mean they wouldn't make a completely new program, they've jut been working on improving what they have already?

She answered to a very strange question,and yes you understood correctly.They're not making a new program, the program was done in May when they were new, and when they saw they already can do more things, they made it omre difficult in the middle of the season.But the question is strange anyway, as if the person that asked it wanted to gossip a bit.

LisaM

Medalist

DELETED never mind.

bramweld

Record Breaker
She answered to a very strange question,and yes you understood correctly.They're not making a new program, the program was done in May when they were new, and when they saw they already can do more things, they made it omre difficult in the middle of the season.But the question is strange anyway, as if the person that asked it wanted to gossip a bit.

It's like the press in Russia made up in their minds that Elena and her team needs to be taken down a peg or two. Almost all their interviews are so sharp, hardly ever soft and encouraging. I was surprised that Tatiana Flade uttered in their coverage of the short dance at RN "well everyone knows they were both dumped by their previous partners" tacky much? If anyone has a link to the Japanese version I would appreciate it.

Nonetheless, Kustarova is very keen on the prevailing attitudes in Russia so she absolutely gives nothing away in interviews. If I were them I'd fly under the radar and give them nothing till after EC and WC. Sheesh.