Elizabeth "Lisa" Kwon and Jenni Tew | Golden Skate

Elizabeth "Lisa" Kwon and Jenni Tew

SoundtracksOnIce

On the Ice
I've been rereading Christine Brennan's books and she mentioned both of these skaters training as possible up-and-comers. I know neither made it as far as the Olympics, but does anyone know how far they did get?

carriecmu0503

On the Ice
I've been rereading Christine Brennan's books and she mentioned both of these skaters training as possible up-and-comers. I know neither made it as far as the Olympics, but does anyone know how far they did get?

I skated with Elizabeth when she was at Miami University. She only competed intercollegiate skating the one year, her sophomore year. I watched her try to get her 3L back, but she ended up hurting her ankle again. She went on to get a law degree from the University of Michigan.

astronaut

Rinkside
I know Jenni Tew competed at the 1999 Midwestern Sectionals and didn't make "the cut". Shelby Lyons was also eliminated at the same event. I have a beautiful autographed photo of Jenni Tew. She designed her own costumes and eventually got into costume designing.............at least for awhile.

Despite some of Brennan's obvious bias, Inside Edge is a very good book. It did answer a lot of my questions and was rather entertaining. And yes, did shine some light on an otherwise dark World of regional and sectional competitions.

Mike