Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 261 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What would be a better way to follow up a Maxim cover shoot than with a spot at the worlds?

Assuming I make it to the weekend. Those photos, geez.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Tuktik will appear in the Mar issue of MAXIM, most popular Russian magazine for men

I'm not going to say anything...

So, we have now arrived one step away from what was being discussed in the (very lively) debate in this thread 5 ⅔ years ago.

I'll wait until it happens before I say "I told you so".

(Reading that discussion again there now, I am cringing at some of the things I said back then. :eek: )

the photo with the ice cream inside the article is another scorcher.

If you are talking about the photo I think you are talking about (i.e. the one on the Maxim Russia Instagram page), I didn't notice any ice cream. ;) :devil:

Good lord. I’m convinced Liza is trying to kill her fans. First the SP outfit at the channel one trophy and now this. And the photo with the ice cream inside the article is another scorcher.

Liza is a treat on and off ice. Hope I can survive the inevitable heart attack though. Haha

I'm more than happy to be a victim! :biggrin:

Oh, would somebody hurry up and start selling them on eBay!!! The American, Australian and Korean editions for March are already up! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

So, we have now arrived one step away from what was being discussed in the (very lively) debate in this thread 5 ⅔ years ago.

I'll wait until it happens before I say "I told you so".

(Reading that discussion again there now, I am cringing at some of the things I said back then. :eek: )

If you are talking about the photo I think you are talking about (i.e. the one on the Maxim Russia Instagram page), I didn't notice any ice cream. ;) :devil:

I'm more than happy to be a victim! :biggrin:

Oh, would somebody hurry up and start selling them on eBay!!! The American, Australian and Korean editions for March are already up! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan
Wasn’t here 5 years ago. What was the debate?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wasn’t here 5 years ago. What was the debate?

It was back when she did the photoshoot that started the "Empress" brand. And to cut a long story short, I kinda turned it into a debate over whether doing a photoshoot meant she was at the start of the road that would lead to a photoshoot with a certain other magazine... 👯‍♀️

As I said, looking back, it was really cringeworthy. I was so immature back then.

CaroLiza_fan

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was back when she did the photoshoot that started the "Empress" brand. And to cut a long story short, I kinda turned it into a debate over whether doing a photoshoot meant she was at the start of the road that would lead to a photoshoot with a certain other magazine... 👯‍♀️

As I said, looking back, it was really cringeworthy. I was so immature back then.

CaroLiza_fan
I see.

She is a world champion and hall of fame skater. So it’s not like she got by just on her looks. That she is still out there battling people 7, 8 and 10 years older is a testament to her fight.

Yeah, you can tell what side of the debate I am on. I support her modeling career. Haha

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I see.

She is a world champion and hall of fame skater. So it’s not like she got by just on her looks. That she is still out there battling people 7, 8 and 10 years older is a testament to her fight.

That is exactly the point I am making. Liza has done all the hard work, and had all this success because of it. My worry is that her success on the ice, the reason she is in the public eye, will become overshadowed by the modelling. That people will start to think of her primarily as a model, rather than as a sportsperson. And that it will attract the wrong sort of fan, the type that are only interested in her for her body. And alienate her long term skating fans.

Look at Tanja Szewczenko. She is a multiple German Champion, has won GP's, and has been on the podium at the GP Final, Europeans, Worlds and Junior Worlds. But now, she is best known for having done multiple Playboy shoots since she retired.

Liza deserves better than that.

The main thing I was concerned about is how the modelling might affect her sporting career. Back in 2011, in the run up to Germany hosting the Women's World Cup, 5 players who were regularly in the national team at youth level did a shoot for Playboy. Two of them in particular were players that I had picked out as being promising. Suffice to say, the shoot did not go down well. Three of them (including one of the players I picked out) have not played international football since. The other two are both ethnic Croatian. One of them switched to Croatia, and has become the star of their Senior team. The other (who was one of the players I picked out) stuck with Germany, and did not play for the national team again for 5 years. In October 2016, she came on as a substitute for the Senior team in the last 15 minutes of two matches. But, those were the only times she has appeared in the German shirt since the photoshoot.

I would hate to see Liza get ostracised like these German footballers. She is too good a skater to be left out in the cold.

Yeah, you can tell what side of the debate I am on. I support her modeling career. Haha

Hey, I may not think it is a good idea, but that's not going to stop me from looking! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That is exactly the point I am making. Liza has done all the hard work, and had all this success because of it. My worry is that her success on the ice, the reason she is in the public eye, will become overshadowed by the modelling. That people will start to think of her primarily as a model, rather than as a sportsperson. And that it will attract the wrong sort of fan, the type that are only interested in her for her body. And alienate her long term skating fans.

Look at Tanja Szewczenko. She is a multiple German Champion, has won GP's, and has been on the podium at the GP Final, Europeans, Worlds and Junior Worlds. But now, she is best known for having done multiple Playboy shoots since she retired.

Liza deserves better than that.

The main thing I was concerned about is how the modelling might affect her sporting career. Back in 2011, in the run up to Germany hosting the Women's World Cup, 5 players who were regularly in the national team at youth level did a shoot for Playboy. Two of them in particular were players that I had picked out as being promising. Suffice to say, the shoot did not go down well. Three of them (including one of the players I picked out) have not played international football since. The other two are both ethnic Croatian. One of them switched to Croatia, and has become the star of their Senior team. The other (who was one of the players I picked out) stuck with Germany, and did not play for the national team again for 5 years. In October 2016, she came on as a substitute for the Senior team in the last 15 minutes of two matches. But, those were the only times she has appeared in the German shirt since the photoshoot.

I would hate to see Liza get ostracised like these German footballers. She is too good a skater to be left out in the cold.

Hey, I may not think it is a good idea, but that's not going to stop me from looking! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan
Well, it’s certainly a risk you take alienating a percentage of your fan base. But she can’t help that she is sexy and exudes it. There were people were only interested in her looks way before any photo shoots.

For me, I’m happy I have someone to root for on the ice and get rewarded off the ice too. The best of both worlds.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Full confession: when I got back into figure skating last November after a long absence, one of the first events I watched was the Rostelecom Cup. I was instantly drawn to her during introductions. Even before I saw her skate.

As I watched her, I knew she would be someone I would want to follow.

And yes, I was a lucky charm. The first event I ever saw her in she won. Then she got Covid so maybe I’m a jinx too. Haha

Not going to lie. So she drew me in initially because of her looks. But now I’m a fan of the skater. Have watched all of her performances live, even got up at an ungodly time to watch the jump contest. Very ungodly.

sallyhatchet

Rinkside
I just saw all the recent photos and interviews, I love her so much, how confident she is in herself, and I like her mix of funny and thoughtful answers to the questions. I'm sure people who look down on the sexy photos and the like would disagree but I think she's a really good role model. She's not afraid to do what she wants to do even if it offends some people.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just saw all the recent photos and interviews, I love her so much, how confident she is in herself, and I like her mix of funny and thoughtful answers to the questions. I'm sure people who look down on the sexy photos and the like would disagree but I think she's a really good role model. She's not afraid to do what she wants to do even if it offends some people.
And a few double standards are at play.

I’ve seen photos with others, that are selling products and dressed in skimpy outfits and no one says a word.

And they aren’t even as old as Liza.

She is an adult with a photo shoot for adults.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And a few double standards are at play.

I’ve seen photos with others, that are selling products and dressed in skimpy outfits and no one says a word.

And in they aren’t even as old as Liza.

She is an adult with a photo shoot for adults.

This paradox is all a side effect of the fact that Ladies Singles Skating has become a sport for teenagers.

We have been watching Liza since she was in her early teens. And we became very protective of her. And, even though she has now grown up, we still tend to think of her as that kid we watched all those years ago.

Hey, I still do that with Carolina, and she is in her 30's now! :drama:

It is the same with all figure skaters that come through when they are youngsters. We are protective of them all. But, it is more noticeable with Liza because she has grown up to be so sexy, and she is making the most of it.

As long as she is enjoying it, then there is no problem. We may be concerned, but we will live with it. If somebody was taking advantage of her and pressuring her to do it against her will, then that would be a different matter. But she does seem to be enjoying her life. And that is the main thing.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I had hopes for the return of Spartacus, but looks like Eilish is here to stay.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLws7s0I5wT/
I'm indeed very sad about this, I loved Spartacus!

I wonder if the change was a plan of sorts to provide a direct comparison to Aliona, who is also skating to Eilish. Problem is...if that is the plan I think it could well backfire. I enjoy Liza's skating a lot more than Aliona's (not that I don't like Aliona, I just love Liza!), but I know most (all?) judges don't. A direct comparison, unless Aliona is in really bad shape will not go Liza's way I think, and could further hurt her chances of getting on the World's team.

Call me pessimistic, but I'm pretty sure the Fed wants Aliona at Worlds - badly - Liza will need to win by 5 or more points to get a look in. Even then it may not be enough. Basically, Aliona will have to do really, really badly not to make it. On the other hand if Aliona is ahead of Liza by even the teeniest, tiniest fraction she's in. :(

The competition is on too late for me to watch, but maybe that's for the best! I'm a bit of a jinx for skaters I think!

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wasn’t perfect today but comes out of it controlling her own destiny tomorrow. Cant ask for anything more than that.

But obviously it’s not over.

She skates 9th tommorow and will know how many points she needs to overtake her closest competitors before she hits the ice.

Last edited:

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
I wonder if the change was a plan of sorts to provide a direct comparison to Aliona, who is also skating to Eilish. Problem is...if that is the plan I think it could well backfire. I enjoy Liza's skating a lot more than Aliona's (not that I don't like Aliona, I just love Liza!), but I know most (all?) judges don't. A direct comparison, unless Aliona is in really bad shape will not go Liza's way I think, and could further hurt her chances of getting on the World's team.
If that was the case then that definitely backfired since Aliona has a new SP.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not getting ahead of myself because Alena is no slouch and probably even more dangerous now that she is wounded, but I feel a lot more comfortable going into the skate tomorrow after today.

What were 50/50 odds now seem, at least to me, to be 60/40, even 65/35 Empress.

For the first time, making the worlds seems more tangible than just being a wish or a want.

But, let me repeat, got to respect Alena and it’s certainly no time for complacency.