Eteri Tutberidze interview on Russian TV | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Eteri Tutberidze interview on Russian TV

Fetinia

Rinkside
I'm sorry, I'll criticize you a little again :) At this moment, Eteri is obviously talking about Tuktamysheva (and by the way, I said the same thing recently - that in fact, from the point of view of a sports career, Tuktamysheva is not 24 years old, but 20-21 - again, I will immodestly repeat that smart people have similar thoughts :laugh: ) Since they are moving on to sensitive topics (the longevity of Tuktamysheva), talk show host half-jokingly suggests a code word for such sitations that he used earlier - "условный" ("conditionally", "relatively speaking"). Here you translate this as "conditional" but in the past part with Plushenko "relatively speaking":

As a result, it will not be clear to non-Russian speakers that this is the same thing, and that this is some kind of euphemism that they playfully use.
I think the closest translation in this context would be "hypothetical ", not conditional.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
absolutely! now it’s strange to me that I didn’t figure it out myself
It was a great translation, thank you.

Off topic, I have also heard that Tatiana Tarasova made a TV appearance not long ago (the show named Secret for a Million or similar). Has it been discussed on this forum?

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
It was a great translation, thank you.

Off topic, I have also heard that Tatiana Tarasova made a TV appearance not long ago (the show named Secret for a Million or similar). Has it been discussed on this forum?
only an excerpt in which Tarasova spoke about Plushenko was discussed (in Plushenko's fan thread). The interview itself (if you can call it that) is here:

this video has good Russian subtitles, which are translated almost as well by the automatic translator. You just need to take into account that in almost all cases, words like "ride" or "rode" should be replaced with "skate". In addition to Tarasova, you can see other people in this show, for example, Yagudin.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
only an excerpt in which Tarasova spoke about Plushenko was discussed (in Plushenko's fan thread). The interview itself (if you can call it that) is here:

this video has good Russian subtitles, which are translated almost as well by the automatic translator. You just need to take into account that in almost all cases, words like "ride" or "rode" should be replaced with "skate". In addition to Tarasova, you can see other people in this show, for example, Yagudin.

Thank you!