Eurovision 2024 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Eurovision 2024

auser

Record Breaker
Disappointed about the Aussies but I can't complain since I didn't offer up my euro to vote. Congrats to the finalists and thank you to all the competitors for the entertaining performances. :clap:

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I'm getting old. This was the first time in my life when I fell asleep while watching male striptease. (Or, is it a new definition for a hard working day? :scratch2:) Eventually, I'm catching up in the morning when the damage is done (Australia is out). It's been quite an impressive show though; so much to see that I hardly heard any song. Australia's melody was one of the few that I actually paid attention to and now it's gone. But I believe that this act still standing as a strong competitor for the Most Memorable Costume Award next week.

Two other main takeaways:

1) Croatia stands out;
2) It's so good to see Petra Mede yet again!

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I've been invited for my Eurovision party #1 tonight. I'm rehearsing the phrase "it wasn't that bad" in front of the mirror as I'm bracing myself for the Latvian entry that I haven't heard yet. Hopefully, some alcohol will help but I'm still considering an option to leave to bathroom and not to hear it at all. (Even with Latvian entries, it rarely happens. But this year is the year.)

Country
Norway
I've been invited for my Eurovision party #1 tonight. I'm rehearsing the phrase "it wasn't that bad" in front of the mirror as I'm bracing myself for the Latvian entry that I haven't heard yet. Hopefully, some alcohol will help but I'm still considering an option to leave to bathroom and not to hear it at all. (Even with Latvian entries, it rarely happens. But this year is the year.)
Bathroom excuse is always a good one, you can also drink a lot during their performance, and then cough enough so you are not able to speak your opinion. Or better, pretend your mother calls you in the middle of the Latvian entry and pretend you are so sorry you had to chat with your mother the whole song so you missed the whole entry and can´t say your opinion :biggrin: