Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1093 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
Also, she included a 3S in 7 rings:

https://twitter.com/pypichki/status/1127036441731784705

She's jumping now more and more! :)

I‘m so relieved. Her jumps are back and her 3S-3Lo looked gorgeous. So much content, so many interviews... one would not think it‘s the off-season!

Overall, we‘re off much better than last year at this time. Remember where we were last year at this point... Now we have: Programs announced, Zhenya skating everyday and jumping difficult combos again, her being already adjusted to her team, lots of interviews and most of all - so many content from her! She posts nearly every day. And her followers keep rising continuously. We’re now at 766k. Just great. :)

I wonder whether she‘ll really rest this off-season. Many Russian girls are on holidays right now, enjoying the sun. I know Zhenya intends to keep busy, so she‘s probably not going to do that but maybe a few calmer days in Russia? She could go there in between her shows, maybe figuring out the first things about her SP with Averbukh. I was hoping she would show us her new SP at one of her later shows but I don‘t know whether there will be enough time.

Wheelz

On the Ice
I‘m so relieved. Her jumps are back and her 3S-3Lo looked gorgeous. So much content, so many interviews... one would not think it‘s the off-season!

Overall, we‘re off much better than last year at this time. Remember where we were last year at this point... Now we have: Programs announced, Zhenya skating everyday and jumping difficult combos again, her being already adjusted to her team, lots of interviews and most of all - so many content from her! She posts nearly every day. And her followers keep rising continuously. We’re now at 766k. Just great. :)

I wonder whether she‘ll really rest this off-season. Many Russian girls are on holidays right now, enjoying the sun. I know Zhenya intends to keep busy, so she‘s probably not going to do that but maybe a few calmer days in Russia? She could go there in between her shows, maybe figuring out the first things about her SP with Averbukh. I was hoping she would show us her new SP at one of her later shows but I don‘t know whether there will be enough time.

I know what you mean, but I’m worried about burnout. Even the strongest people need a mental health break once in a while too. Perhaps these shows are a bit of a break for Zhenya. She’s skating, but not pushing herself as she would at TCC. She’s with a great group of people & obviously enjoying performing. I just hope that she’s had enough time to decompress from a very stressful season.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I think going home to Moscow for a week after the Japan shows would be great. Seeing her grandmother, friends and her dog Jerry is a nice vacation for her.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist

They look fully rotated too!

I gotta say, with the 3A this year - especially Alena, and a few more girls from out of Russia, I wondered whether I'm gonna slowly start getting less and less invested in her. But then during Worlds I felt so many emotions! I cried so much during the FP and after it. She's truly the only one that can make me feel like that, - as if I'm right there watching her in person, or even skating myself lol. I believe I have eternal love for her :love:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I gotta say, with the 3A this year - especially Alena, and a few more girls from out of Russia, I wondered whether I'm gonna slowly start getting less and less invested in her. But then during Worlds I felt so many emotions! I cried so much during the FP and after it. She's truly the only one that can make me feel like that, - as if I'm right there watching her in person, or even skating myself lol. I believe I have eternal love for her :love:

I know. And I have rewatched her FP from worlds so many times. Her roar at the end and the kiss n cry. She brings emotion to her skating. :thumbsup:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What do you guys think about the possibility of a 3F-3Lo combo?

I think she can do it, but is the point value much more than 3F3T? Also, how many jump combos can you do ending in 3Lo and 3T? She can do 2A3Lo. What about 2A2T3Lo?

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

I think most of us feel this - I do.

Excited for next season :luv17:

jd0505

Rinkside
3F-3Lo would probably be more beneficial in the short but then she would most likely do 3Lz as her second triple. Which would risk edge calls.

Maju

On the Ice
What pieces from Memoirs of a Geisha would you guys like Zhenya to use? I really like Sayuri’s Theme and Brush on Silk!

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

Maju

On the Ice
Great choices. I also love the Chairman's Waltz and A Dream Discarded
How could I forget the Chairman’s Waltz? It’s such a great piece of music and IIRC Miki Ando actually used it before which was lovely. After having read Memoirs of a Geisha recently, I think it’s a great choice for Evgenia. There’s themes of rising to the top and uncertainty, two things Zhenya has experienced. There’s also a sultry side which will be interesting to see.
As for Exogenesis, it’s something new and I’m glad to see her push her limits. If it is Averbukh I think it will be very emotive, especially with the lyrics “Let’s start over again”, something that Zhenya can relate to.
Here’s to good choreography and continued improvement :)