Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1422 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Maia96

On the Ice
Not surprising. The "Russia forward!" Ice Show that was announced a few months ago and in which Zhenya will take part in is on March 29 :) So she will probably arrive a few days earlier.

Talking about shows, I have seen that except for the casting of Sailor Moon, the dates of different ice shows, like SOI, Fantasy on Ice and others have already been announced but not the names of the skaters who will participate in them. Previous years at this time the names have already been announced. Does somebody know anything about this? I want to know if Zhenya will participate in them :scratch2:

Perhaps all these shows are in doubt of being performed by the Coronavirus (the Olympic Games are already in danger and today Japan has announced that it suspends schools classes).

Maybe this year the off season doesn't have as many shows as in previous years.

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
Talking about shows, I have seen that except for the casting of Sailor Moon, the dates of different ice shows, like SOI, Fantasy on Ice and others have already been announced but not the names of the skaters who will participate in them. Previous years at this time the names have already been announced. Does somebody know anything about this? I want to know if Zhenya will participate in them :scratch2:

Perhaps all these shows are in doubt of being performed by the Coronavirus (the Olympic Games are already in danger and today Japan has announced that it suspends schools classes).

Maybe this year the off season doesn't have as many shows as in previous years.

If they cancel the Olympics, Zhenya won't be the ambassador for them, either

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
I am currently loving all of this content!! That video of Zhenya with the little girl was absolutely adorable!! I am so glad that she is able to enjoy herself, while making an impact on the lives of many skaters. Thank you to everyone who has been posting links to videos and pictures!! :agree:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I didn't need another reason for Zhenya to be my favorite. But she gave me a thousand more tonight.
She is just the sweetest. Right before her ex the little girl who skated Sailor Moon performed and Zhenya was watching rinkside, she clapped so much for her.
She performed her Billie Eillish EX. She gave her everything and I am so grateful for it since this is a super small event compared to what she usually sees in Japan and Russia. Yet she was cheerful and perfomed just like always,giving her best. She went for a 3S and put a hand down. So after the finale she went for another one right in front of me. It was perfect and huge and she fist bumped after she nailed it.
She was clearly tired after the gala yet she greeted us all with a smile afterwards. She seemed really thankful and surprised about the silver bracelet and my mom also told her she was an example for so many and she seemed so touched by it.
It was just surreal. Thank you Zhenya for coming here, it's something we Mexican figure skating fans will never forget.

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
I didn't need another reason for Zhenya to be my favorite. But she gave me a thousand more tonight.
She is just the sweetest. Right before her ex the little girl who skated Sailor Moon performed and Zhenya was watching rinkside, she clapped so much for her.
She performed her Billie Eillish EX. She gave her everything and I am so grateful for it since this is a super small event compared to what she usually sees in Japan and Russia. Yet she was cheerful and perfomed just like always,giving her best. She went for a 3S and put a hand down. So after the finale she went for another one right in front of me. It was perfect and huge and she fist bumped after she nailed it.
She was clearly tired after the gala yet she greeted us all with a smile afterwards. She seemed really thankful and surprised about the silver bracelet and my mom also told her she was an example for so many and she seemed so touched by it.
It was just surreal. Thank you Zhenya for coming here, it's something we Mexican figure skating fans will never forget.

Thank you so much for sharing for your experience. That was really heartwarming to read. I'm glad you had a great time!

McBibus

On the Ice
What makes me the most happy about the seminars, ice shows, her merchandise and her desire to design costumes is that she is staying in the limelight. Plus as a fan, I know that when she does retire from competitive skating, she has a future with ice skating. When she got silver at the Olympics, I cried thinking that I would never see her again. Now two years later, I think I will see her for a long long time. I definitely think she will become a coach someday.
So I'm happy. :yay:

Not quitting after that day and totally reshaping her life to go on.
That's an example of strenght for everybody

Fluture

Record Breaker

I‘m so happy for you. This sounds like an amazing experience! I also love that you got to give her your gift and what your mother said. I definitely agree with her. :)

Everyday, I‘m loving this seminar (and Zhenya) more. Maybe the arena wasn’t as spectacular as in Russia or Japan but the love from the audience was just as genuine. I mean: everybody just look at that:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9L0nm8phTz/?igshid=14xqu22br7h9u

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B9LVErDHEhh/?igshid=bi66uwsvey3a

And this is what I love about Zhenya too. She always gives it her all, even when she‘s tired. And she must have been very tired after coaching for so long and performing at an altitude she isn‘t used to. But there never once was ANY story about her not treating her fans with respect and kindness. She actually apologized to her fans after the RusNats SP that she wasn‘t reacting to them as much as usually. THIS is what shows your real character. How you treat people even when you‘re tired or sick or in pain.

From a fan:

”As a Mexican-American seeing this gives me hope because growing up I never saw people like me skating or even reaching out to our community. Today I feel validated. I have hope for the next generation of skaters!

Just HAVING a role model that is reaching out to this community has me in tears. I‘m so genuinely happy.“

If anyone‘s still asking why Zhenya did this seminar. THAT is why. And I‘m so proud of her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9L4lWTIEdI/?igshid=r0hkh02a2j2k

tennen

Spectator
Side note: has Zhenya ever said anything about interest in coaching in the future? Based on what we've seen it seems like she would be great at it. She's supportive, gentle yet demanding, and has great leadership ability.

Well, she said just recently during some interview that she pretty much sees her whole life connected to figure skating, that she can't imagine an occupation she'd take without any connection to this sport.

So, considering Evegenia's personality, I'd say there are some pretty high chances for her to take that route in the future. :)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, she said just recently during some interview that she pretty much sees her whole life connected to figure skating, that she can't imagine an occupation she'd take without any connection to this sport.

So, considering Evegenia's personality, I'd say there are some pretty high chances for her to take that route in the future. :)

Great first post. Welcome to Zhenya's fan fest. Post often. :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker

Hi tennen! Welcome to Zhenya's fanfest :) post often!
Honestly, I cannot wait to see Zhenya in the K&C with her students when she becomes a coach :cool:
Considering that Zhenya choreographed some awesome EXs for herself (WoM, Experience and Beautiful Mess) I would also love to see some skaters skate to programs made by Zhenya :biggrin:

Fluture

Record Breaker
More from the seminar:

Zhenya with the kids:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9NB6RypYLY/?igshid=1s0nfzsgzj66f

Zhenya with her fans:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9NJr6Vp-hD/?igshid=bgdbjlz1fgjd

So cute. :luv17:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9NC2pdINEL/?igshid=rvv3ztp60fmy

Zhenya spinning with one of the girls to demonstrate the technique. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9M5DABIoEK/?igshid=1q3hkg75nsyv

Someone at the seminar also said Zhenya played her FS music and told the skaters to improvise to it. Weloveskating has it on his story. It certainly looks like an interesting idea.

Hi! Welcome from me too. Hope you post long and often in Zhenya‘s fanfest. :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
So adorable :luv17: All those stories our fellow Zhenya fans have been posting about meeting Zhenya at the seminar are so precious :love:
"She is my biggest role model, not only in sport but also in life.
I forgot how to speak english, and I told her she was the love of my life, she also told me "I think I've seen this dress somewhere [Nocturne dress]"
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9NMx27jAsS/

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Some of Zhenya's answers from the Q&A at the Meet&Greet with fans:

- Her favorite program of her career is “Memoirs of a Geisha”
- She didn’t sacrifice anything to be a figure skater, she had a very happy and full childhood with a lot of friends.
- The hardest time on her life was when she moved to Canada, it was a complete chance of everything she knew
- She doesn’t want to say she’s only inspired by just one person, she gets inspiration by different people for their jumps, and spins and choreography and the way they deal with things
- She was curious to come to Mexico, cause she thought we weren’t a FS country and wanted to see what we could do
- Train with other Olympians like Yuzu, Jason, Jun... inspire her to get better although sometimes she thinks her triples are nothing compared to their quads
- Her coaches help her deal with frustration with all their support!

About Olympics
"-People say there are two sides of the medal, and everyone go through this. I think my main problem during the Olympic season was my stress fracture, so I had to go through lots of pain to go to the Olympics.And for time, it took me 16 years to get there, so time & patience.
- Favorite element - Salchow
- Why skating? - I was born really weak and the doctors told my mom to put me in a sport and it was between swimming or FS, and since my mom was a skater I had no choice:D"

- Are you happy with your life right now? - Yes, I'm totally happy with my life, I feel like I am one of the happiest person in the world. I should be thankful for my life, for lots of people. I'm lucky to be in the right time and place.

My fans are amazing, my coaches and ex-coaches, Brian, Tracy, people around me. My friends are amazing and I'm lucky to have them around me. That's why I call myself the happiest person.
Not always, of course. we got through problems but that's life. Bad things make us stronger.

-Favorite program in your career and why
-Memoirs of a Geisha, because this is a program I wanted to see; the choreography, the dress, the design, everything.
But I love all my programs, my Olympic programs were amazing. I don't choose music I don't want to skate.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I find it a bit weird. I mean great for this guys to have Zhenya as their coach. She is going to Mexico to held a 1 day training seminar? I hope she is not running out of money or so

I am sure that she can use the money (doesn't have to mean that she's broke, but training in Canada is obviously expensive & every little bit helps), but there are a lot of other good reasons for her to give a seminar. Many active skaters give seminars and participate in camps during their off season. It is excellent experience, a chance to get a change of scenery for a bit and not just doing the same thing day in and day out in the same rink, a chance to interact with kids and fans and for everyone to have fun. She gets to try the coaching role without any pressure or commitment, and inspire a bunch of young skaters in a country that has very little figure skating opportunities. I think it's very cool and I hope she'll do more of these when her schedule permits.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love all this content from her seminars and gala in Mexico. It's so cute seeing her with young fans. And she took her role of coach very seriously.