Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1463 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Maia96

On the Ice
Well, there's an interesting part where she talks about how difficult trying quads are for her and probably won't do it anymore? Very sad news :(

I have read several translations about the part when it comes to quads but it's very clear to me.

In some of them she seems to say that she no longer trains quads although she doesn't say it literally. But in others she says that when she goes to the competition she wants to win so she's fighting with them.

What seems to me (and it seemed the same to me in the interview a few days ago for the Russian Olympic Committee) is that it she's discouraged. And no wonder, her last season was complicated first with the GP in Canada and then with the broken boot at Nationals. Besides this we are living difficult times, and training in Japan without her team is difficult for her. She said it in the interview for the Russian Olympic Committee. We'll see if on her return to TCC she manages to cheer up more but also her environment will be different there now for the reason that we already know.

Last year in the off season she was super motivated after the world championship. This year it seems the opposite. I'm very sorry for her. The setbacks of this season undoubtedly influenced this.

Maia96

On the Ice
no; I refer to the translation in Russian of the interview of EMN and then in English:

"Some female skaters make quads. I also tried quad when I was 15. But at that time it wasn’t so common, girls did 3-3. I think if I could go back to the age of 15, I would learn quads. Now it’s more difficult, but I would like to do a quad, I’m working on it."

With or without quad, I can't wait to see the new programmes. I'm sure that they will be outstanding as usual :)

Oh, thank you. I didn't read this.

mdl

On the Ice
I have read several translations about the part when it comes to quads but it's very clear to me.

In some of them she seems to say that she no longer trains quads although she doesn't say it literally. But in others she says that when she goes to the competition she wants to win so she's fighting with them.

What seems to me (and it seemed the same to me in the interview a few days ago for the Russian Olympic Committee) is that it she's discouraged. And no wonder, her last season was complicated first with the GP in Canada and then with the broken boot at Nationals. Besides this we are living difficult times, and training in Japan without her team is difficult for her. She said it in the interview for the Russian Olympic Committee. We'll see if on her return to TCC she manages to cheer up more but also her environment will be different there now for the reason that we already know.

Last year in the off season she was super motivated after the world championship. This year it seems the opposite. I'm very sorry for her. The setbacks of this season undoubtedly influenced this.

I hope this is not the case and that such impression is only due to the translation from Japanese (obviously difficult and quite variable, having in mind the different translations regarding the quad..). If you refer to the on-line stream of ROC with also the actress, it was quite long and actually I thought that Zhenya got tired..

The good thing to me is that she is finally in Canada and soon she will be able to have full-scale trainings.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well, there's an interesting part where she talks about how difficult trying quads are for her and probably won't do it anymore? Very sad news :(

Maybe a triple Axel would be easier?

I'm glad Zhenya is back home. Hopefully she can relax for a few days and then get back into training.

Maia96

On the Ice
Maybe a triple Axel would be easier?

I'm glad Zhenya is back home. Hopefully she can relax for a few days and then get back into training.

I have thought the same. She tried 3A in her first season on TCC when her 2A wasn't good. Now that she have improved in her 2A she could try the A3.

It'll also depend on how motivated she is. The mind plays an important factor. I hope that when she starts training with her teammates she'll be motivated like a year ago.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I have thought the same. She tried 3A in her first season on TCC when her 2A wasn't good. Now that she have improved in her 2A she could try the A3.

It'll also depend on how motivated she is. The mind plays an important factor. I hope that when she starts training with her teammates she'll be motivated like a year ago.

Your second paragraph says it all. Maybe once Zhenya gets back to training and builds that momentum back up a 3A could be possible. But her body has to be strong enough to take the pounding of these tough moves.

soniagrandar

Rinkside
apparently all her problems till now are related to mental health. Hope she gets better and doesn't lose her motivation. and that she remembers the reason why she decided to change all her life moving to Canada.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia has her programs for the next season and she'll be practicing soon at TCC, she'll be fine. Now we just need to know what her costumes will be. :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
"We will continue cooperation. Canadian borders remain closed for now. Zhenya plans to return when she has this opportunity, "said Orser.
From TASS

Scott512

Record Breaker
apparently all her problems till now are related to mental health. Hope she gets better and doesn't lose her motivation. and that she remembers the reason why she decided to change all her life moving to Canada.
What? Mental health? Evgenia is one of the most mentally sound figure skaters I've ever seen.

According to TASS and Kogan Zhenya is in Moscow not in Canada. She passed the Covid test and will return to ice soon.
https://tass.ru/sport/8851707
Really? Everything is confusing these days from sports to science to politics to diseases and viruses..

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope when quarantine ends, she posts a picture with Jerry. :)
And I'm sure her mother and Evgenia will be happy to see her grandmother again.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Canada extended their travel ban for foreign travellers until July 31st... would not be surprised if they extended it even further...
So many TCC skaters will not be able to return yet.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Canada extended their travel ban for foreign travellers until July 31st... would not be surprised if they extended it even further...
So many TCC skaters will not be able to return yet.

I'm glad Evgenia returned to Russia. Once she's settled at the rink she will be training at in Moscow, it might be wise to stay in Russia until test skates. Plus, until we know what competitions will take place in the fall, it's probably better that she is home.

Maia96

On the Ice
I'm glad Evgenia returned to Russia. Once she's settled at the rink she will be training at in Moscow, it might be wise to stay in Russia until test skates. Plus, until we know what competitions will take place in the fall, it's probably better that she is home.

I agree with you. There is no sense in staying in Japan when she doesn't know when the Canadian borders will open. In addition to the expenses of her department in Canada, probably in Japan she has to spend money on ice, accommodation and other things and in Russia she has all that for free.

It isn't even known if there will be a season this year and at this time I don't think there will be a GP season. It seems unlikely. I regret that she cannot train with her team because she has already said that training without them is difficult for her. But there isn't other solution.

I hope that being with her family and maybe seeing her friends will be good for her.

Do you know where she will train? I guess she won't go to Kislovodsk like the entire Russian team.

By the way Katia Kurakova is training in Russia. Do you know where she trains? I wish they could train together so Zhenya would have a teammate.