Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1016 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

grey19

On the Ice
It wasn't about her, just this picture. Of course, she is a professional, bit it must have been at least a little awkward.
https://www.instagram.com/teamtutbe...tm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1e7mfuqea0hya

Who said that? Someone on the Russian Ladies Thread? 🤣🤣🤣
They have no arguments against Zhenya anymore. 😂😂😂

Oh no, russian journalists. Even TAT ' We should say thank You to Brian for supporting Evgenia, but let's not forget that all her basic skills was laid by Eteri. Just look at Elizabeth, she is unrecognizable.'

Watch

Final Flight
Cute fact: appearantly TAT wasn't told about Zhenya's injury before her skate so she doesn't worry too much 😄

grey19

On the Ice
It wasn't about her, just this picture. Of course, she is a professional, bit it must have been at least a little awkward.
https://www.instagram.com/teamtutbe...tm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1e7mfuqea0hya

Cute fact: appearantly TAT wasn't told about Zhenya's injury before her skate so she doesn't worry too much 😄
That's nice, honestly, sometimes she gets so worked up, that it's worrisome. I can't even imagine how she was holding it together while actively coaching.

grey19

On the Ice
Sorry, everyone. I don't know why that post with an instagram link keeps getting attached.:laugh::laugh:attached. It's confusing.

DeeDee18

On the Ice
Oh no, russian journalists. Even TAT ' We should say thank You to Brian for supporting Evgenia, but let's not forget that all her basic skills was laid by Eteri. Just look at Elizabeth, she is unrecognizable.'

Yeah, I don't know why she said that... I thought she loved brian. Is she dissatisfied with something??

Fluture

Record Breaker

That‘s ridiulous. Eteri taught Zhenya a lot of things. It‘s true, that without her she wouldn‘t have all the medals she got in the last seasons. But Brian did more than simply “supporting“ her. Sure, he does that too but this makes it sound like his ONLY job is that. He‘s not her cheerleader, he‘s her coach. And this World Bronze is ZHENYA‘s achievement first of all but she couldn‘t have done it without her team. The team that yes, supported her these past months but also taught her a lot of things, some directly in link with skating, others life lessons. And this is Team Cricket‘s achievement and they can be rightfully proud.

No one‘s denying Eteri‘s past influence on Zhenya. But it‘s beyond ridiculous to give all the credit to her now after Zhenya‘s succeeded. Sure, when she was doing badly, it was all Zhenya’s and Brian‘s fault and when she does well, it‘s suddenly all Eteri‘s doing.

Honestly, every skater that changes coaches throughout their career have some parts in them of what each of their coaches taught them. Elizabet trained with Brian for years, so, most of her skating skills are attributed to him. And so what? Her silver medal today was her achievement and yes, Eteri‘s. So, if people can (rightfully) give the main credit of Elizabet‘s medal to Eteri, they shouldn‘t be hypocrites and do what‘s fair: Give Brian the credit for Zhenya‘s.

But in reality: GIVE THE MAIN CREDIT TO THE SKATERS. It‘s them who showed their best performances and went out there and did it. There‘s too much focus on coaches and this whole supposedly going on “war“. It‘s boring and unnecessary.

Let‘s ignore that. Zhenya just did it. She showed everyone. And her and her team should be really satisfied and not listen to people like this. I‘m a bit disappointed TAT said something similar, though. Like... what. You wouldn‘t think that after literally defending Zhenya‘s move to Brian for months, she‘d do that. But oh well. TAT‘s never been the most consistent in her opinions.

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany

Ugh that's just rude. If Brian didn't mattered at all or Zhenya would have her downfall at IDF and stayed there. Brian said his method takes 18 months and Zhenya did all this in just 10. And for many more months to come. Who could have thought that just two months ago? Zhenya is a fighter and Brian helped her to Bronze today.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I just saw the picture of all three girls standing on the podium for the foto. Am I wrong or wasn't zhenya smaller than alina? She now looks bigger than her. Could it be that zhenya has grown too?

grey19

On the Ice
That‘s ridiulous. Eteri taught Zhenya a lot of things. It‘s true, that without her she wouldn‘t have all the medals she got in the last season. But Brian did more than simply “supporting“ her. Sure, he does that too but this makes it sound like his ONLY job is that. He‘s not her cheerleader, he‘s her coach. And this World Bronze is ZHENYA‘s achievement first of all but she couldn‘t have done it without her team. The team that yes, supported her these past months but also taught her a lot of things, some directly in link with skating, others life lessons. And this is Team Cricket‘s achievement and they can be rightfully proud.

No one‘s denying Eteri‘s past influence on Zhenya. But it‘s beyond ridiculous to give all the credit to her now after Zhenya‘s succeeded. Sure, when she was doing badly, it was all Zhenya’s and Brian‘s fault and when she does well, it‘s suddenly all Eteri‘s doing.

Honestly, every skater that changes coaches throughout their career have some parts in them of what each of their coaches taught them. Elizabet trained with Brian for years, so, most of her skating skills are attributed to him. And so what? Her silver medal today was her achievement and yes, Eteri‘s. So, if people can (rightfully) give the main credit of Elizabet‘s medal to Eteri, they shouldn‘t be hypocrites and do what‘s fair: Give Brian the credit for Zhenya‘s.

But in reality: GIVE THE MAIN CREDIT TO THE SKATERS. It‘s them who showed their best performances and went out there and did it. There‘s too much focus on coaches and this whole supposedly going on “war“. It‘s boring and unnecessary.

Let‘s ignore that. Zhenya just did it. She showed everyone. And her and her team should be really satisfied and not listen to people like this. I‘m a bit disappointed TAT said something similar, though. Like... what. You wouldn‘t think that after literally defending Zhenya‘s move to Brian for months, she‘d do that. But oh well. TAT‘s never been the most consistent in her opinions.

Agree with every word. And also, Elizabet said herself that she started learning 4S three years ago, but no one says 'Ahh, that's Brian's school'. This needs to stop. I was so surprised today again at commentators on Russian Eurosport. They managed to give credit to the 'old' Zhenya while praising and admiring a 'new' one. Who would have thought, as I had to put my TV on mute during IDF. There were so much criticism about her 'decision'. Guess, you never know...

luanddu

On the Ice
Please, let's not start a discussion again on the Eteri-Brian topic.

I know these kinds of comments make us all feel bad. But imagine if Zhenya hadn't made It to the podium, then we would have this drama x1000. People aren't going to be quiet.

So we must be thankful and stick to the positive: Zhenya won a medal here despite what happened to her this and the past season. No matter what they say, people can't take this medal away from her.

And we also have the beautiful Nike add :)

luanddu

On the Ice
I just saw the picture of all three girls standing on the podium for the foto. Am I wrong or wasn't zhenya smaller than alina? She now looks bigger than her. Could it be that zhenya has grown too?
She said that she measures 159cm, which is what the wiki has said since a few years.

grey19

On the Ice
Also, to all of you who had guessed that her SP at Nationals was her mental rock bottom after that it would be getting better. You guys, you really predicted it!!!

Haikush

On the Ice
Evgenia is an inspiration. To have gone through what she did this year and still come out on top like this....wow....we can all learn life lessons from her determination and fight.

Placebo11

On the Ice
So silly of TAT saying this. I guess Eteri has soo much power. I'm so happy that Zhenya had the guts to leave her. Had she stayed with Eteri she wouldn't have been here today. She would be physically and mentally broken instead

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
The last time a skater made me misty eyed was Michelle Kwan during that triumphant footwork sequence in her Tosca LP at 2004 Nats and it’s fitting that Zhenya broke my dry eye streak with her equally triumphant free skate 15 years later (and poetic considering her Tosca short has much the same music cuts as Michelle’s). I’m happy she got a medal here but even happier that she proved to herself that she’s still got it. It was a personal victory on every level.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I cannot wait to see Evgenia's new FS. Memors of the Geisha has some of my favorite soundtracks. Also I am happy that they are already planning it, this gives her time to get it consistent and to add transitions before next season. I think her getting her SP and FS last minute this season was a part that contributed to her loss of confidence.