Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1018 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

silveruskate

On the Ice
Zhenya has come out of the other side and I'm so proud. <3 She has come back from injury, physical growth, mental challenges, a new country and a new coach. In the SP she was almost able to get a 3T out of a bad landing on her 3F like she used to. We all know what happened in that exact situation in her Russian Nationals SP, she'll be able to get that extra 1/8th rotation in no time, same with the FS 2A and she held onto it as well showing the fight from before!

I was silently praying for a medal and I knew silver/bronze was possible. This will feel so good and I hope Zhenya focuses on herself and her own development, not those around her, I'm sure she will do just that!

All the vitals are there and have survived, with an improved Lz which I'm sure will get better, fabulous 2A, and the addition of a Loop combo. It might not have shown in the results yet, but in a way she's already catching up again. Zhenya herself said her priority is learning very difficult elements and seeing Tursynbaeva land a 4S today I'm excited about what someone like Zhenya can do.

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
Hope she goes to Nebelhorn Trophy for the B Event but she probably won't. Nebelhorn gives the best scores LOL so many ladies got season's bests there.

If she goes to Nebelhorn I'll fight with nails and teeth for tickets and just die afterwards because nothing will ever fulfill me anymore

freeman21

On the Ice
I know there are huge problems with youtube videos these days. You can download here Zhenya's SP and FS from these past 2 days (better quality than the ones posted in the competition video section, no commentary – Eurosport version).

SP https://send.firefox.com/download/3dd95b6bcd/#V8uuWR-D_xUcXZoREFvKlg

and

FS https://send.firefox.com/download/516a29c089/#tzeFn2uIaa6m_Gh9G0UHOA

Also, pls link me if anyone has any 60fps version of her programs this competition (pretty sure only NBC has that… or a really good fan cam)

grey19

On the Ice
Really? I didn't know they get to choose.
Yes, top 5 or 6 get to choose. I learned about it watching press conference after Worlds 2017 with Eteri, RusFed and Evgenia. The whole thing was about 90 minutes long. Still, I watched everything. God, I am crazy.

I am so proud of Evgenia! It is such a shame that the tech panel weren’t consistent and as a result she was 1 point off of a silver medal, but honestly that is just nit picking. I’m so happy that she has a medal and hopefully this proves to her that even in her worst season she is a threat to those podium places! If this is her in a transition season and she has won bronze at worlds with no falls the entire time she has been there, imagine the potential she has to be really consistent next season and medal! :luv17:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Also, Evgenia gets to choose her GP assingments, will be the third one to do it. Interesting, which ones she'll shoose.

Not technically. Alina gets 1st pick, then Elizabet out of the remaining 4 events and Zhenya gets the other 2. Unless she gets host picked but I guess Alina will get host picked for COR :shrug: medalists cannot compete in the same event unless there is some extraordinary circumstance like NHK 2012 where Dai and Yuzu both were at NHK.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Not technically. Alina gets 1st pick, then Elizabet out of the remaining 4 events and Zhenya gets the other 2. Unless she gets host picked but I guess Alina will get host picked for COR :shrug: medalists cannot compete in the same event unless there is some extraordinary circumstance like NHK 2012 where Dai and Yuzu both were at NHK.

My gues is that Evgenia will get Skate Canada, Skate America or Cup of China then. Elizabet and Alina will probably choose GPs in Europe by my guess. Or Alina will go to NHK, I think this is also a big possibility.

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
I think if she gets to pick she will do Skate Canada and NHK. They are not close in time and she loves going to Japan.

carmina

On the Ice
Don't know if I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't want her to keep Tosca. It's a solid program, but a relatively basic one. No shade, I just think it's visible that it was choreogrphed in a hurry. After Nats I thought it made sense to keep it, because I was coming to terms with the fact that she won't have the chance to show it again this season, but now that she took it to Worlds, I think it doesn't have much more for her to offer.

I liked Tosca but she needs something more complex to get something over 80 for next season - Maybe Misha will do something new for her again
Even it is only march and not even off season, I am super curious about her new programs for next season
Maybe she will have new ex for gala

skatingfan200

Medalist
I liked Tosca but she needs something more complex to get something over 80 for next season - Maybe Misha will do something new for her again
Even it is only march and not even off season, I am super curious about her new programs for next season
Maybe she will have new ex for gala

PCS was not the problem by Tosca. It´s about TES to go over 80.

melgirl25

Medalist
Will she go to WTT? Sounds like it won’t fit in her show schedule. I think it may be best not to go. I want her to rest, train and prepare her programs at a steady pace.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Really? When? She has SO many shows planned.

Didn't Evgenia do show in Korea last year, too? I remember because Brian said that's where they met to discuss Evgenia's move (Brian was there because of Jun, who was also skating in the same show).