Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1502 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Vemvane

On the Ice
Yes, this! When I first heard about her Bielmann, I couldn't understand what was going on and why would she do it with her injured back. And to be honest, her Beilmann spin wasn't very good even in her "golden days". And she doesn't even need it, her last year's spins were more than enough.
I'm most upset by Tat wanting her to do the Bielmann spin, that is so wrong. If she wasn't injured at test skates, her performance would have been great.
I really didn't get the Biellmann comment at first, and then I realised it was recent practice, and now, oh, this is so sad. I wish she hadn't tried it. No wonder she was sore at test skates.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
By the way, Zhenya mentioned that her heroine dies at the end of her Masquerade program and I looked it up, the "Masquerade Suite" by Aram K. was composed for the play "Masquerade" by Lermontov. In this play the protagonist Nina gets murdered by her jealous husband at a ball, he poisons her ice cream because he thinks she cheated on him, but it was all a misunderstanding caused by other people.

Zhenya really has a theme :LOL:. Anna Karenina, Tosca, then the story of her Nocturne SP and now this.

grey19

On the Ice
By the way, Zhenya mentioned that her heroine dies at the end of her Masquerade program and I looked it up, the "Masquerade Suite" by Aram K. was composed for the play "Masquerade" by Lermontov. In this play the protagonist Nina gets murdered by her jealous husband at a ball, he poisons her ice cream because he thinks she cheated on him, but it was all a misunderstanding caused by other people.

Zhenya really has a theme :LOL:. Anna Karenina, Tosca, then the story of her Nocturne SP and now this.
Yeah, and especially her comment that she was going for something "more lighthearted" this year.:LOL:

lupina015

Rinkside
I don't want to make false accusations ... but right now it seems to me that she was advised to practice the BS again, to have her injured at Test Skates and give a poor performance. Then they would have a reason to force her into going back to Russia.

I really hope this is nonsense ...

Maia96

On the Ice
Maybe it was better to suspend her career or skip the season so she could get back to Brian later.

Perhaps finally she skip this season but I don't know if they will let her come back with him.

grey19

On the Ice
Maybe it was better to suspend her career or skip the season so she could get back to Brian later.

Perhaps finally she skip this season but I don't know if they will let her come back with him.
I don't think they would have let her. There's this big question about being in the national team and about funding. And judging by the words of RusFed officials they all wanted Zhenya back.

Artemisa

Final Flight
It's zhenya .. she is not any skater .. even not winning the gold a olympics she is the image of russfed in more than one way ... the only way that russfed was going to let her stay with Brian was if she got good results or if Eteri got to keep her 3A for the olympics... the perfect storm happen .. and russfed got zhenya back with the coach they want ... because eteri makes her ladies mentally strong to win

Maia96

On the Ice
It's zhenya .. she is not any skater .. even not winning the gold a olympics she is the image of russfed in more than one way ... the only way that russfed was going to let her stay with Brian was if she got good results or if Eteri got to keep her 3A for the olympics... the perfect storm happen .. and russfed got zhenya back with the coach they want ... because eteri makes her ladies mentally strong to win
Eteri has Maya and Daría with quads apart Ana and Kamila. She doesn't need Zhenya. RusFed and Sambo just want to hurt her.

Remilia

On the Ice
Some of y'all are doing the most....I'm not happy about this either, and I'm 100% sure that without covid this never would have happened, but the histrionics aren't necessary. She's not some hostage, and no one is trying to sabotage her career.

Anyway, regardless of my feelings about ET, I will continue to support and love Zhenya as I have for the past 5 years.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Eteri has Maya and Daría with quads apart Ana and Kamila. She doesn't need Zhenya. RusFed and Sambo just want to hurt her.
This is a new start for Zhenya and EG. Eteri has had the worst offseason of any coach in the 136 history of figure skating losing super talents Sasha Veronika and Aliona. I have never seen anything like this! :eek: If there was no covid Aliona probably wins worlds as international judges love her and she does not leave EG and TT. But covid changed everything.

Zhenya would have never gone "home" to the club she has spent more than half her life at without assurances that things would be different and that she would have more say and if she cant skate she wont go out on the ice. This is all wait and see. But it may not be doom and gloom for Evgenia.

Again where else was she going to go?

Imagine

Medalist
People are being so overdramatic, acting like her career is done and she’s walking into the lion’s den or something. Seriously, Eteri and Evgenia have had some public spats in the past, but I‘d like to believe that they are also professionals capable of making the best of this non ideal situation. Eteri has an annoying habit of passive aggressively shading her former students, but that doesn’t negate her potential as a coach to help Evgenia get back on track. It’s her job, and in her best interest as well, as a coach. Why risk her reputation and credibility? I don’t think she intends to take Evgenia back just to actively tear her down. What a waste of time and energy that would be for her. If she really had intentions of destroying Evgenia she could have just turned her away.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Guys things are confirming. Zhenya really is a hostage to RusFed and Sambo

Lololol. He tells a different story every day. On Wednesday he said Zhenya was willing to listen to his offer the next time he was in Moscow because she wanted to talk to him in person nothing more, now he says she said immediately yes on the first conversation and they talked over zoom? His stories are not consistent.

Artemisa

Final Flight
yes she needs .. maya, daria even ana and kamila don't have the fame of zhenya .. until now they didn't win anything of value

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
I dont understand some thinking Zhenya will lose many fans because she went back to TT and EG. What was she supposed to do? Keep performing at the test skate level? This was Zhenyas only move. The pandemic changed her career and she had to make this big decision on the fly. I hope it works.

Wasnt everyone here a fan of Zhenya in 2018 at the olympics and not a fan of Eteri? Well it can be that way again. Poor Zhenya takes a beating no matter what she does. Leave EG. fly to Japan return to EG to try to find some skating hope. I dont know how she handles it all.

Michelle and Tara were lucky they were great long before social media and skating forums. ;)
Um, Michelle and Tara skating forums were brutal. Some of us have been around long enough to remember it.
Does anyone know why Medvedeva isn’t hosting with Zagitova?