Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1507 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

mdl

On the Ice
Daniil gave an interview. He talked about Zhenya:

"How did Zhenya Medvedeva's transition happen? What are your first impressions?
- How was it? After the test skates, Eteri said that she would have a conversation, a meeting with Zhenya. After that Zhenya came to our group. Returned, let's say. We have three and a half weeks to prepare it for the first stage of the Russian Cup, we will try to improve the form that we have now, but of course we will not make any very grandiose actions during this time. I hope that progress will be more visible at the Russian championship, our work.

- Will there be any changes in the programs of Evgenia Medvedeva, which other choreographers put on her? - We will not change any music or programs. Another question is that inside these programs we will look at both calls and links. Somewhere to add something, somewhere to remove. But we do this throughout the year with each of our athletes, so there is nothing special about it.
- Do we have the opportunity to contact She-Lynn Bourne or Brian Orser's team for some advice on these programs, how best to disclose them? - I think that we definitely don't need any advice on how to open the waltz. We can handle it ourselves - and we have done it more than once. As for the free one, the topic is also well-known. There are all sorts of chips, finds - we will not touch them, but only add our own. So I believe this collaboration will only lead to the best.
- Did Zhenya initiate the transition?
- I can't answer exactly. I said as I was told. *
- Did you take this news with surprise?
- Of course, in terms of how abruptly it happened. From the point of view that for Zhenya now this is probably the best thing she could do ... I hope we will prove it with the results.
- How has Medvedev changed during the time with another coach?
- To be honest, I can't say yet that she has somehow changed a lot. Yes, she became older, but in the training process she was as demanding of herself. Another question is that the form isn't enough for a good performance yet, and it's necessary to choose it."
You said that in about three weeks Medvedeva will have the first stage of the Russian Cup. Has it been decided which of the tournaments will be the second?
- Honestly, I can't say about the second one. Probably, they will not change, Moscow was announced. It's just that she was declared here, but her back aches, after the rental she was given injections. In such a state, it was simply impossible for her to come here. I think that they went to meet her in connection with the transitions.
- Can you tell us more about the injections?
- I haven't penetrated that much, I can't say. As you noticed, I had many other things to do."
aniil saying that he’s gonna touch up masquerade and algeria is the worst news i could’ve received today

DG saying that they will make some changes in the SP and LP is another bad news ...:(

mdl

On the Ice
Or that at least she would be the one to make the changes or think on them, jshe at least can choreograph , just daniil has to stay the hefk away from zhenyas programms like far far far away
I just want to see the originals, not their recycled versions. .. And this includes also the costumes as there are rumours on that part too. On Daniil part completely agree, he must stay away from Zhenya!

Znowflake

On the Ice
I have been reading reactions and commentary about Zhenya going back to ET and here are my thoughts:

Zhenya never really directly said negative things about Eteri. I am sure they reconciled a long time ago as they have spent so much of their life together (half of Zhenya's life!!). If you saw some of the video of the first training session, they both looked genuinely happy and the mood seemed light. I am sure her having a positive relationship with Eteri is going to be good for both of them. Also IMO she has always been Eteri's favorite and I have never seen her look at ANY of her other skaters in the same way.

Brian was amazing for her (esp. after the olympics) and she probably would have never left him if the pandemic didn't happen - there would be no reason too That being said - she needed a coach in Russia - it was sad to see her warming up, practicing, and being simply on her own. There is so much drama at competitions "other" than the actual competition and it must have been stressful being on her own. Let's face it - we don't know how long this pandemic will last and Zhenya needs/wants to train (you could tell she wasn't ready at test skates). Also with the mandatory Russian cup competitions the alternative would be her flying back and forth all the time.

I am hopeful that her programs will be amazing (saw some STUNNING bits of genious in her programs) and Eteri can help her get her confidence and hopefully her health back. I mean, she did have so much success with her. She isn't a child or a teenager anymore - I am sure she knows and understands what she is getting into.

Let's hope for the best!!!

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Well we can say what we want but either the 2 are amazing actresses or they at least seem to have fun together. And that doesnt seem like a forced smile either from zhenya in those fotos ,and eteri well to tell the truth when was the last time we have seen her smiling so much? I havent seen her smiling that much since zhenya left her.

I hope it works out , i hope zhenya stands her ground on things that do not work for her, that she doesnt forget to eat the way she learned in canada , same with bodymuscles.
From what i have seen anna isant as thin as she used to be,(good for her) maya and kamila looks like normal 14 year old girls , sasha was mostly pure muscles and alyona didnt look too skinny either so mabye eteri learnt a thing or 2 at least in that niche?

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany

We know that eteri and zhenya were close but seeing the fotos from eteris sister were zhenya is holding the then baby nephew of eteri at his baptism really shows how deep the bond was mabye still is?. I mean batism is normally for friends and family (at least were i live ), and i doubt eteri involved any other skater in her private life like this

Scott512

Record Breaker
I found the documentary about Zhenya's 17/18 season from 2018. It has English subtitles. I have been searching for it for a long time
Thank you for that phenomenal and very interesting video. Really enjoyed seeing behind the scenes videos of Zhenya and her coach who wasn't the iron lady all the time. Their relationship was greater than most people think it was as Fabi pointed out.

Knowing how tough this sport is have to give Zhenya credit for going through everything in her career. That foot injury she had came out of the blue and was devastated when she recovered so fast for a figure skater.
I damaged my right Achilles or he'll yesterday it's strained or maybe achilles tendonitis from running races in recent years. But I can't imagine being a figure skater and having to put that foot it is skate today. That would be brutal. That's one of the reasons why I think all of us have great admiration for people like Zhenya and all the other figure skaters.

My subtitles were in Japanese I think. ;)