Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1537 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Why? That is so sad.
Didnt she say in her message today she hopes that in a few days she can get back . Did she mean by that back to training? If so than mabye she doesnt have time on thedate she was originally sheduled to have the life broadcast? Or mabye she has an appointment at the doctors to make sureshe is able to begin training again?

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Another day, another competition went by that Zhenya could’ve won if not for her chronic bad luck :(

I’m happy to hear her say that she hopes to be back in a few days. I hope her back is healed and I hope she sickness has gone away, and is no longer contagious to those around her (y) If there’s one thing about Zhenya, she is resilient. She will be back and give us something more meaningful, emotional, and more beautiful than ever. Whenever that will be :love: Always rooting for her the most.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another day, another competition went by that Zhenya could’ve won if not for her chronic bad luck :(

I’m happy to hear her say that she hopes to be back in a few days. I hope her back is healed and I hope she sickness has gone away, and is no longer contagious to those around her (y) If there’s one thing about Zhenya, she is resilient. She will be back and give us something more meaningful, emotional, and more beautiful than ever. Whenever that will be :love: Always rooting for her the most.
She is resilient, so we have to just standby and we will see her beautiful skating soon.

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
I'm still disappointed about Rnats last year :laugh:. Sad we won't see her there this year. I rewatched her test skates and I think her fs is Shae Lynn's best choreo this year. They'll both be so good. I wonder if she'll keep them next year

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm still disappointed about Rnats last year :laugh:. Sad we won't see her there this year. I rewatched her test skates and I think her fs is Shae Lynn's best choreo this year. They'll both be so good. I wonder if she'll keep them next year
We don't know if she will not be at Nationals this year. It's a weird season, so you never know.

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
We don't know if she will not be at Nationals this year. It's a weird season, so you never know.
Have other people (in other disciplines) missed the russian cups too?
Maybe they'll allow people who missed the russian cups to go if they're on the national team or something. Rusfed is making up the rules as they go :shrug:
I hope we see her. I hope she'll be well by then.

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
She definitely could have won this stage of the Russian Cup.

I imagine that if she can't compete before Nationals but is ready to compete by that time, they will find a way to let her in, anyway. They don't want to risk that third spot going into the Olympic season, so they will want to see all the top skaters. Not to bust on Stasya, because she's lyrical and lovely to watch, but they gave Liza and Zhenya an opportunity to take Stasya's spot, which she had earned at Nationals, away from her last year because they apparently didn't trust Stasya to maximize their chances at Worlds, while Liza and Zhenya were both former World champions who have proven themselves on the International circuit, and I imagine that they'll do the same thing this year; she'll have a chance, perhaps only one chance, but she'll have an opportunity to make the team ahead of a less-proven skater who might have performed well and earned herself a spot in Zhenya's absence.

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
Have other people (in other disciplines) missed the russian cups too?
Maybe they'll allow people who missed the russian cups to go if they're on the national team or something. Rusfed is making up the rules as they go :shrug:
I hope we see her. I hope she'll be well by then.
Yep. There are some pair teams (and Ice Dance too?) who missed one or both competitions.
I hope Zhenya feels better today.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Everyone wants to see her compete but I don't think Eteri will let her either until she's completely ready. Is 1 month enough time?
I think it depends on how severe her cold was, if there are still after effects and how her back is, if it is better and she can go back to full time training this week, maybe, she managed before to train for a competition in one month after an injury. I think it also depends on what her form was before getting sick.

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
I hope that Evgenia has been isolating since the beginning of November, because wouldn't it be irresponsible for her coaches (who had presumably been in contact with her two weeks prior to her diagnosis) to go to rostelecom cup if she hadn't??

Last edited:
Reactions: mdl

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope that Evgenia has been isolating since the beginning of November, because wouldn't it be irresponsible for her coaches (who had presumably been in contact with her two weeks prior to her diagnosis) to go to rostelecom cup if she hadn't??
She has been in quarantine since the beginning of November.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Really a bummer. I also hope it's not due to her illness. It could be that since she feels better and plans to come back in a few days that she may have a new training schedule that may interfere with the original date, so they had to change it. My theory at least.
She doesn't want to be asked about c19 and I think that's why she made this change.
She and TT are calling it a cold at this point. You know on a live video stream somebody's going to ask her. I say let her do what she wants and what she feels comfortable with.

But whether she has it or doesn't have it she's going to be back on the ice soon she has said as much. Man was Zhenya missed at the event last weekend.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She definitely could have won this stage of the Russian Cup.

I imagine that if she can't compete before Nationals but is ready to compete by that time, they will find a way to let her in, anyway. They don't want to risk that third spot going into the Olympic season, so they will want to see all the top skaters. Not to bust on Stasya, because she's lyrical and lovely to watch, but they gave Liza and Zhenya an opportunity to take Stasya's spot, which she had earned at Nationals, away from her last year because they apparently didn't trust Stasya to maximize their chances at Worlds, while Liza and Zhenya were both former World champions who have proven themselves on the International circuit, and I imagine that they'll do the same thing this year; she'll have a chance, perhaps only one chance, but she'll have an opportunity to make the team ahead of a less-proven skater who might have performed well and earned herself a spot in Zhenya's absence.
Well said.

I just don't think Russia is in any doubt for keeping three spots for the Olympics. Do you really think Anna Sasha and aliona would bomb so much that they would lose a spot?

After the 2018 Olympics they were in real doubt of losing that third spot. No evgenia Alina bombed Maria did very little and stasya finished I believe 18th. It was a cluster you-know-what. That's never going to happen again because they have too many good skaters.

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
No, but Anna has hardly competed, and Sasha got kicked off the podium by Gulyakova. Nevertheless, Sasha and Anna will definitely be considered for a team spot ahead of Gulyakova, Numanova, etc. That was what I was getting at; I don't think it matters much how often the top skaters compete before Nationals, because if they are healthy, they will be given a chance at a spot, even though other skaters might have made the most of the opportunities they were given, like Gulyakova. If Gulyakova can beat Sasha again and beat Zhenya at Nationals, then Go, Nastya! But I doubt it.

But yeah, they can secure three spots without Zhenya, just like I imagine they would have retained three spots last time if they had chosen Liza over Zhenya. I just think they will want to see ALL of those top skaters compete, and they will find a way to do it, even if it means bending rules or making rules up or whatever. They care more about putting their best three, whoever they are, on the ice than they do about fairness.