Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1609 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
From a new interview with Jason:

"You were close friends with Evgenia Medvedeva during the period when she trained at the Cricket Club. You both joined Brian Orser in the summer of 2018 after collaborating with other coaches for years, which is psychologically challenging. Did you support each other in this situation?

- Yes, it was.

Our friendship with Evgenia helped me a lot. We both experienced the same situation: we were with the same coach for a long time, suddenly decided to completely change our lives, moved to a completely new place for ourselves ... And we helped each other go through all this - together it was easier. We learned a lot from each other, and this brought us very close.

- It was you who became the person who met Evgenia at the airport when she just arrived in Toronto.

- I knew that Eugene was going to fly - I saw an article that soon she would be in Toronto, and I thought: “Oh my God! She will be here soon, just like me! " Thought she might need help. I asked Evgenia when she arrives, we talked, and I said: “I want to meet you!”.

She replied: "No, don't." Apparently she wanted to call a taxi. But I didn't give up: “Let me meet you! You are moving with a bunch of things from Russia! Just let me give you a ride. I want to see a familiar face and I can help to settle down. "

I was very excited the first day I met Evgenia in Toronto and saw her mother.

- Evgenia said that you helped her in many ways and even taught her to pronounce some words in English.

- Yes (laughs)! Her English is already great, but she is always eager to learn something new. And I tried to help her - for example, in the pronunciation of some words. He said: “I perfectly understand everything you say. But if you want to pronounce it perfectly, then we say it like this. However, you can pronounce it as before: I perfectly understand the meaning. " If I allowed myself any comments, it was constructive criticism and only with good intentions.

And we both enjoyed it because Evgenia was really determined to improve her English, and I have always sincerely tried to help her work on her pronunciation and replenish her active vocabulary.

- You also know Japanese, and Evgenia studied this language. Did you practice it too?

- Sometimes it happened! Evgenia is great at learning languages. This is more her sphere than mine - it seemed to me that she was teaching me (laughs). Her English is much better than my Russian could ever be. Evgenia is beautiful. And she is talented in a huge variety of different fields.

- For a while you also studied the same quadruple - salchow. And in your general interview in 2019, you said that you and Evgenia are even racing about this.

Yes, you know, it was such a friendly competition (laughs). We had the same goal. First, they competed who would land the clean quadruple salchow faster in training. Then we could compete in who will do it in the competition. We could always change the conditions of the race a little - so we pushed each other to develop.

- Evgenya stuck a sticker with the words "Beijing-2022" on the glass of your car. A reminder of another common goal?

- Yes! And I still keep it."

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
More photos
oxVfI1J.jpg4J0UeYh.jpgE6c4tMrWUAgWUzO.jpeg.jpg

Averbukh:
"In Moscow, we are planning 12 screenings of Anna Karenina on the ice of the small Luzhniki arena in November. The project will take place within the framework of the Ice Age. We cannot afford larger-scale tours. There will still be television filming. I really believe in success." Anna Karenina "in Moscow. I hope by this time we will defeat all waves of coronavirus. Everyone is vaccinated and everyone will be fine. And then we plan to show Karenina in St. Petersburg and other cities of Russia."

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Last edited:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Zhenya at the 2021 Summer Olympics :biggrin:
pgYTIEw.gif

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
New post by Zhenya

"At the moment admiring the photos in the morning, the day passes as productive as possible. After all, I am completely delighted with the shooting and I understand that everything I do is not in vain. Therefore, together with @medvedevastore, we decided to make a 10 % discount on some of the things you see in the carousel. (The list of current ones can be viewed on the website in the sale section). You will be able to please yourself and feel the surge of emotions that I feel. Better hurry though, limited stock. Photos by @liana.volkonskaya"
20210722_193147.jpg
E66U8eFWQAMNh5b.jpeg.jpgE66U8d8XsAEJGMR.jpeg.jpgE66Ub__XsAQ8YB-.jpeg.jpg

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New post by Zhenya

"At the moment admiring the photos in the morning, the day passes as productive as possible. After all, I am completely delighted with the shooting and I understand that everything I do is not in vain. Therefore, together with @medvedevastore, we decided to make a 10 % discount on some of the things you see in the carousel. (The list of current ones can be viewed on the website in the sale section). You will be able to please yourself and feel the surge of emotions that I feel. Better hurry though, limited stock. Photos by @liana.volkonskaya"
View attachment 4038
View attachment 4035View attachment 4036View attachment 4037

Quite a few items on sale. It might be time to place another order.