Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1610 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
"Evgenia Medvedeva became a guest of the FIDE World Cup

The famous figure skater made the first move in the game of Carlsen and Esipenko Photo: Eric Rosen / FIDE"

(On the left Magnus Carlsen, reigning World Champion since 2013)
E7JJnTjWQAE3Tor.jpeg-2.jpgE7JJnTkXIAEIyGZ.jpeg-1.jpg

On the right Russian Chess player Esipenkov
E7JJnTjXoAM1IfS.jpeg-2.jpgE7JJnTqWYAMHOK_.jpeg-1.jpg
"The famous Russian figure skater Evgenia Medvedeva has become a guest of the FIDE World Cup in Sochi. Two-time Olympic silver medalist, two-time world and European champion made a symbolic first move for world champion Magnus Carlsen {Norway}, who plays with Russian Andrey Esipenko.

After the ceremony, Evgenia Medvedeva shared her impressions of the competition:

- Thanks a lot for the invitation. This is a very interesting experience: this is my first time at such an event, and immediately a competition of this level. It is a great honor for me that I had the opportunity to make the first move. To be honest, I was a little nervous. I will not hide the fact that I am an absolute non-professional in chess. But I think that the ace went pretty smoothly, I really liked the atmosphere reigning here. It was very interesting to me; There is indeed a great prestige of this competition.

There was tension, "quiet" adrenaline, concentration in the playing hall. Before the start, the situation was very unusual for me, because we, figure skaters, have more physical work, we are always in motion, we warm up, listen to music, maybe even communicate in order to relieve the nervous system and relax muscle tension. And here in the hall before the start there was complete silence. It's a bit unusual for me, but now I know that such sports also exist (laughs)."

In addition, I finally spoke in English with people from other countries, which I have not been able to, probably for two years, since the beginning of the pandemic. I am very glad that international competitions are starting to gain momentum, as it was very difficult to organize them before."

As an occassional chess watcher, I was happy to see Zhenya at the event especially with Magnus Carlsen :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
"Evgenia Medvedeva became a guest of the FIDE World Cup

The famous figure skater made the first move in the game of Carlsen and Esipenko Photo: Eric Rosen / FIDE"

(On the left Magnus Carlsen, reigning World Champion since 2013)
View attachment 4048View attachment 4049

On the right Russian Chess player Esipenkov
View attachment 4050View attachment 4051
"The famous Russian figure skater Evgenia Medvedeva has become a guest of the FIDE World Cup in Sochi. Two-time Olympic silver medalist, two-time world and European champion made a symbolic first move for world champion Magnus Carlsen {Norway}, who plays with Russian Andrey Esipenko.

After the ceremony, Evgenia Medvedeva shared her impressions of the competition:

- Thanks a lot for the invitation. This is a very interesting experience: this is my first time at such an event, and immediately a competition of this level. It is a great honor for me that I had the opportunity to make the first move. To be honest, I was a little nervous. I will not hide the fact that I am an absolute non-professional in chess. But I think that the ace went pretty smoothly, I really liked the atmosphere reigning here. It was very interesting to me; There is indeed a great prestige of this competition.

There was tension, "quiet" adrenaline, concentration in the playing hall. Before the start, the situation was very unusual for me, because we, figure skaters, have more physical work, we are always in motion, we warm up, listen to music, maybe even communicate in order to relieve the nervous system and relax muscle tension. And here in the hall before the start there was complete silence. It's a bit unusual for me, but now I know that such sports also exist (laughs)."

In addition, I finally spoke in English with people from other countries, which I have not been able to, probably for two years, since the beginning of the pandemic. I am very glad that international competitions are starting to gain momentum, as it was very difficult to organize them before."

As an occassional chess watcher, I was happy to see Zhenya at the event especially with Magnus Carlsen :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Photographer Liana Volkonskaya on her instagram: " - Two months ago I sat down for retouching and turned on YouTube in the background, some kind of cut from the Comedy Club, their guest was Evgenia Medvedeva, a Russian figure skater performing in single skating.Two-time Olympic silver medalist in 2018. Two-time world champion, bronze medalist of the world championship…. This list can be continued for a long time. I watched an excerpt with her participation and was stunned by how smart she was.
Grinning face
I reviewed it again. Then a month later I wanted to watch it again, I don't know why. And then again, it so happened that Zhenya ended up in my lens
Star-struck
Star-struck
Star-struck
is it not a miracle ???"
If you only knew how magical she is"
liana.volkonskaya-post-2021_07_26_10_11.jpgliana.volkonskaya-post-2021_07_26_10_11-2.jpgliana.volkonskaya-post-2021_07_26_10_11-3.jpgliana.volkonskaya-post-2021_07_26_10_11-4.jpgliana.volkonskaya-post-2021_07_26_10_11-5.jpgliana.volkonskaya-post-2021_07_26_10_11-6.jpgliana.volkonskaya-post-2021_07_26_10_11-9.jpg

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Photographer Liana Volkonskaya on her instagram: " - Two months ago I sat down for retouching and turned on YouTube in the background, some kind of cut from the Comedy Club, their guest was Evgenia Medvedeva, a Russian figure skater performing in single skating.Two-time Olympic silver medalist in 2018. Two-time world champion, bronze medalist of the world championship…. This list can be continued for a long time. I watched an excerpt with her participation and was stunned by how smart she was.
Grinning face
I reviewed it again. Then a month later I wanted to watch it again, I don't know why. And then again, it so happened that Zhenya ended up in my lens
Star-struck
Star-struck
Star-struck
is it not a miracle ???"
If you only knew how magical she is"
View attachment 4052View attachment 4053View attachment 4054View attachment 4055View attachment 4056View attachment 4057View attachment 4058

Her fans know how magical she is. I certainly do.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Zhenya congratulating Dasha and Nikita on Nikita's and his team's all-around win in Artistic Gymnastics at the Tokyo Olympics. Nikita and Dasha have been friends with Zhenya for years :hb:
E7OZh3EXoAYunNk.jpeg-1.jpg
"Super-Mega are happy for you, the Nagornykh family!"
E7OUwH0X0AAfuzO.jpeg.jpg

Interview with Zhenya
"Figure skater Evgenia Medvedeva shared her impressions of the victory of Russian gymnasts in the team all-around at the Tokyo Olympics.- I am very pleased with the victory of the guys in the team competitions in artistic gymnastics. We have the coolest gymnasts. We communicate well with Nikita Nagorny and his wife Dasha: we are friends, see each other often. I immediately wrote to Dasha and Nikita, congratulated. I will be rooting for Nikita and in individual competitions. I am sure that he is able to achieve great results at this Olympics. I know how hard it is for our other leader in artistic gymnastics, Arthur Dalaloyan, who suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon.

I saw an April photo of Arthur's leg, which was shown to me by our mutual friend, with whom we both work. The fact that he is at the Olympics is a real miracle. To get such an injury and recover so quickly is unrealistic. But Dalaloyan succeeded.

Other guys are great too, This is a common victory, I am very glad that we have the best gymnasts in the world! - said Medvedeva."

Last edited:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Indonesian news paper reporting about Zhenya and her role as an ambassador:

"Evgenia Medvedeva, an outstanding athlete and ambassador for the Russian Olympic team, was unable to attend in Japan. The 'Russian Sailor Moon' must support the team from afar.

Jakarta
- Evgenia Medvedeva is an accomplished athlete from Russia. She was also asked to be an 'ambassador' for the Russian team at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics . But the figure of the 'Russian Sailor Moon' must be willing to only be able to support it from afar.
The 21-year-old woman is a beautiful skating athlete with a myriad of achievements. Call it, among others, two silver medals at the 2018 Olympics (winter) in the team and singles events, as well as two-time world champions in 2016 and 2017.
In 2019, as reported by Olympic.com, Evgenia Medvedeva was appointed as an ambassador for the Russian team at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, which had to be postponed and could only be held this year.

"The main task of the Ambassador of the Olympic team is to support and be with the team," said President of the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) Stanislav Pozdnyakov at the time.
In the process, the COVID-19 pandemic not only forced the 2020 Tokyo Olympics to be postponed to this year. The strict health protocol also prevented Evgenia Medvedeva from traveling to Japan to accompany the Russian contingent team.
"Until recently, I still really hoped the situation would allow me to stay close to the team in Tokyo. Everyone knows how much I want to support my friends and how much Japan means to me, but the restrictions imposed make a trip pointless" said Evgenia Medvedeva as reported by RT.com.

However, she also emphasized that this would not dampen her enthusiasm for encouraging her compatriots. Even though Evgenia Medvedeva can't immediately be in Japan, a country that she admits has a special meaning, she will still provide support and encouragement from Russia.
For Evgenia Medvedeva, the failure to go to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics not only made her unable to give direct encouragement to her colleagues who were performing. She also couldn't visit Japan anymore, which he loved.
Evgenia Medvedeva is known to be very fond of Japanese anime and manga. This passion also affects her language skills; she is also able to pronounce basic Japanese vocabulary.
She has also combined her passion with her ability to skate. Evgenia Medvedeva once acted as a Sailor Moon character on ice!I n 2020,
Evgenia Medvedeva was scheduled to perform in Tokyo at the Sailor Moon Prism on Ice show , which saw her return to action on ice as Usagi Tsukino as well as her superhero persona, Sailor Moon. But the event has not been able to take place due to the pandemic and has so far been pushed back until June 2022.
"https://sport.detik.com/g-sport/d-5...&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Liputan 6, a major TV broadcast in Indonesia is also reporting about Zhenya and her going viral on Indonesian social media

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Luna's awesome!

I don't know how many followers she had when I started following her, but I think it was half a million or so. I started following her during the Olympics. In fact, it was just a few hours before her live stream from the hotel room after the gala when she was folding her clothes away and charging her phone. I followed her before logging off, and then a few hours later, I logged back on, and she was live, so I watched the little Q&A she had, starting about 8 minutes into the stream. She instantly charmed me. She was so chill; it reminded me of hanging out in friends' rooms chatting and listening to music as a teenager. She has remained a good Instagram follow ever since.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
New interview with Zhenya (google translation)

"Evgenia Medvedeva: “My heart is free. But writing me private messages is useless."

The famous figure skater - about summer, a role in an ice musical and the main difference between big sports and show business.Evgenia is young and beautiful, she is only 21. Meanwhile, we recall that she is a two-time silver medalist of the 2018 Olympic Games, a two-time world champion, a two-time European champion ... And there is still a whole life ahead! And almost half of the summer, during which Medvedeva performs in the ice performance "Anna Karenina".

- Zhenya, I wanted to ask you how you spend your summer. And then I found out that you have plowed from morning to evening, you are rehearsing. Since July 9, the ice musical "Anna Karenina" by Ilya Averbukh, where you play Kitty, has been going on in Sochi. How do you like this experience?
- You can't call your favorite job hard plowing! I have time to train, and get in shape before the show, and rehearse, and walk with friends, and sit outside, read a book in a cafe over a cup of tea ... I enjoy the summer to the fullest, which, in fact, is what I expect from Sochi. In the image of Kitty I am very comfortable, because she is very close to me both in temperament and in age. And in general, I am very grateful to this show for such a great opportunity to learn how to ride in pairs - I have long wanted to, to be honest, but all the time my hands did not reach, then it was scary.
- What is it like being a singles skater, suddenly becoming a pairs skater?
- Paired with Alexander Enbert, nothing is scary! The first time, of course, was difficult, nevertheless I devoted 18 years to skating "alone", so to speak. And then again - a person next to you is skating close with you! But I was very lucky with a partner. Sasha teaches me. And he's very patient. If something doesn't work out, he jokes all the time, encourages.
- Which is harder - difficult jumps or lifts, when you are at the top, in your partner's arms, and the ice is very far away?
- Physically, it is more difficult for me, probably, jumping. But mentally and somehow physiologically it is more difficult to lift, because it is absolutely new for me. I've been skating vertically all my career! And then they turned me over horizontally and then head down. Sometimes my vestibular apparatus does not understand what is happening. Let's train!
- In your opinion, is Anna Karenina still a modern history?
- As for family foundations, marriage, of course, everything has changed. But this is a story about feelings. I think that human feelings do not change their essence, no matter how much time has passed.
- You also just starred in The Last Axel as yourself. Is this your first such experience? Did you enjoy being an actress?
- In such a big scene - yes. I was originally supposed to be just a consultant for this show. And then it so happened that I starred in it. I acted as a consultant formally, more on technical issues related to jumps, sports, but no more. I didn't go into the script, the content, it's not my job. The experience is interesting.

"Japan is a different planet"-

The Summer Olympics will begin in Tokyo on July 23. You are adored in this country. What do you like about Japan and the Japanese?

- Japanese fans love not only me, but figure skating and all skaters in general, because we give them exactly the emotions that they want to feel. Over the years, when I performed in Japan and participated in the show, I was convinced of this many times. It is important for them not only to see difficult jumps. And this very much distinguishes the Japanese audience from the rest. This is probably why all skaters value the Japanese public very much. They give presents, write letters, pack it all in envelopes ...
It is so sweet that it is very difficult to remain indifferent. I also love Japan itself. I got there when I was 14 years old. And then a completely new world opened for me - different food, different people, housing, streets, music ... Different smells, plants. Other planet! Perhaps because of my love for Japan, the Olympic Committee invited me to become the ambassador of the Russian Olympic team at the Summer Games in Tokyo. A lot connects me with Japan. For example, I am a partner of the Moscow office of the national tourism organization of Japan JNTO. I sincerely hope that when the situation with the coronavirus calms down, I will go to Japan. I really miss this country.
- You studied Japanese, didn't you?
- Oh, this is far from easy! I finished my studies to the stage that I can order something for myself in a restaurant. This is less than one percent of what is needed, but I will definitely not stay hungry.
- How is the work on your book progressing? Is it too early to write a memoir at 21?
- The book is still under development. I am taking some notes, but the global work has not been done yet. Yes, I'm only 21 years old, but I have a story to tell. There were a lot of all sorts of adventures, and bright moments, and not so much. The book will definitely be typed. There were significant events in life, the details of which people do not know: what I thought, what exactly I felt, with whom I talked, who helped me, who, on the contrary, interfered in this or that situation. I hate the word "revelation" - I can only be frank with my girlfriends. And this will be a story in the style of an interview - I sit down and tell, for example, what happened at the Olympics, how it all looked.

"Nothing is stopping me from going and eating a burger."-

Is the world of big-time sports cruel?

- You know, I have been to social events a couple of times ... And I can say with 100% confidence that there is mutual respect in sports. This, I think, is the most important component of sports in general. We athletes are honest. In our world of figure skating there is no such thing as in show business, when someone approached someone, called someone, and then another called someone else, they made news from this, got drunk, and everything is super, everything is cool. Often, such moves are PR in nature, and in fact, no one swears with anyone.
I can hardly imagine this in sports. And I cannot say that sport is downright cruelty. Yes, Eteri Georgievna (Tutberidze, coach. - Ed.) has always said that sport is voluntary violence against oneself. Perhaps, according to physical indicators, we can say that sports are cruel, because there are injuries, including mental, "brick walls" through which you need to climb and jump over your head in order to become better and better. But cruelty, in order to take and bury a person with one word or phrase, to offend him, is not. And I am proud to be in this business. I respect people, they respect me, even if we are rivals. This is how it should be, I believe, in life.
- On the one hand, injuries, on the other, medals. How do athletes cope with all this as children?
- I, probably, will make a lot of people angry now - both young skaters and their parents ... But with a child's thinking and a child's brain it is much easier to perform sports feats. When you still do not understand that you are doing something supernatural. And when you are already an adult, the brain is like: “My God, you are jumping on frozen water! You jump and spin three or four turns in the air and land on one foot! This is not normal! " You begin to understand this little by little. And just then there are "brick walls" that need to be broken.
- Do you remember how you spent the first prize money?
- Everything went into the house. I spent it on repairs, on the purchase of equipment, because we could not always afford it. I have never really advertised this - I do not like it when people flaunt their difficult financial situation: "Look, we are so poor, it is so hard for us." But there are still children in Africa who, to put it mildly, will be harder. I have never complained about this. And even more so these are the affairs of bygone days. My mother and grandmother made great efforts to ensure that I was engaged in figure skating - and these are skates, blades, dresses, payment for choreography, a coach.
And when I received the first prize money, I already had the realization that, perhaps, this is what I did all this for. It has become my profession, and it’s time for me to help my family.
- Has fame become a test for you? Fans are sure to come everywhere, even if you dine in a restaurant.
- I refuse at such moments - I hope that people are not offended by this. Personal boundaries are very important to me. If I have a full mouth, I do not need to come up to take pictures. It works the other way too - I myself will not approach the person who chews food. And when I walk down the street, with headphones or with friends - yes, please. I can easily stop, take a picture, talk.
- Can you afford to be frivolous at least sometimes? Eat a bucket of ice cream or a burger? Or is sports mode forever?
- My attitude to food is this: food is food. There is no bad, no good, there is quantity and quality. Nothing prevents me from going and eating a burger, but I will not eat it from McDonald's, but, for example, from marbled beef. I can do whatever I want. I can be frivolous, but I don’t like to be.
- You have your own brand EvgeniaMedvedeva and there was a collection of clothes called “Ride for Food”. Is the title the harsh truth of life?
-This is a funny phrase that I said to Eteri Georgievna when they threw chocolates on the ice after the performance. I joked, I didn't even expect the sound to get on the air. As a result, we made a comic collection with this phrase. But we also have a lot of other things. For example, we recently created the Fun Fitness Capsule Hoodie collection with inspirational quotes to help girls learn to have fun even in the most challenging situations. We try to inspire them to enjoy the process, not just the result. This is a joint line with well-known motivational bloggers - among them Nastya Grabovich, the founder of the supporting women's community and the author of The Girl Talk Club Telozames movement, and Veronika Monakhova, psychologist of the “Shameful” project team.
- Does the current Evgenia Medvedev differ from the one who left to train in Canada?
- Oh yeah! This is a completely different person. Now I can say that I am a confident and experienced, more reasonable person. Three years have passed. In three years you can change a lot. It seems to me that even if I sat in one place, did nothing, I would still change and become a different person during this time.
- What can cheer you up? After all, even the most collected and whole-hearted people have moments of sadness.
-My dog and music. Popular music, which now plays from every iron.
- Is Evgenia Medvedeva's heart free?
- The heart is free. But I am absolutely not interested in the messages in the direct "Let's go for a walk". This is unacceptable to me. So I apologize in advance."