Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1621 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
i think it was a good idea to skip this season anyway. next season there are likely to be breaks and retirements and Eteri will have more time on her hands. she can have more attention on her. maybe its the small flame of hope for me, but maybe this is what she will try to do and she is bringing back Alegria to just start skating the program and remember what 4 minutes feels like. of course this is probably wishful thinking and not true, but maybe.
I actually thought about it as well that she skated both Algeria and memoirs to the competition cut and not a show cut , with the whole step sequence in it.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Anyone know if Zhen is ok? 😱. It looks like a hard fall - I really hope she doesn’t get injured on this show - that fall is scary 😭

I really have no words. This looks so dangerous and she could seriously injure herself and Milokhin already looks like he hit his head on the ice. Who approved letting a single skater do lifts with some TikTok guy who skates three hours a day? I hope she wasn‘t pressured into doing this. Her and Enbert were very careful trying pairs elements because she has zero experience. I don‘t know why she‘d all of a sudden make such a reckless, frankly stupid, decision…

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Anyone know if Zhen is ok? 😱. It looks like a hard fall - I really hope she doesn’t get injured on this show - that fall is scary 😭

Reporters said she was fine and joked and laughed in interviews after the filming and was hugging her partner. No hard feelings. I am shocked that Averbukh would already choreograph such a lift in the first episode especially with Danya who has no skating experience. I would expect maybe such a lift in the last episode after a few months of training. Really dangerous. But kudos to Danya for trying to cushion Zhenya's fall.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I really have no words. This looks so dangerous and she could seriously injure herself and Milokhin already looks like he hit his head on the ice. Who approved letting a single skater do lifts with some TikTok guy who skates three hours a day? I hope she wasn‘t pressured into doing this. Her and Enbert were very careful trying pairs elements because she has zero experience. I don‘t know why she‘d all of a sudden make such a reckless, frankly stupid, decision…
Averbukh decides the choreo for the programs. Compared to the first season of Ice Age to now he includes more and more advanced lifts per season. Apparently another pair also fell today and the last few seasons female skaters fell as well due to the unexperienced partners. I wish Averbukh would hold back on including such lifts especially for the first show :/

Fluture

Record Breaker
Reporters said she was fine and joked and laughed in interviews after the filming and was hugging her partner. No hard feelings. I am shocked that Averbukh would already choreograph such a lift in the first episode especially with Danya who has no skating experience. I would expect maybe such a lift in the last episode after a few months of training. Really dangerous. But kudos to Danya for trying to cushion Zhenya's fall.

So Averbukh‘s the choreographer? Wow. That’s maybe even more shocking. He, after all, was the one who watched Zhenya try pairs elements for the first time and how slowly she took it to avoid getting injured. And it was with Enbert, too, who knows what he‘s doing. Milokhin can barely skate in a straight line and now he‘s supposed to fling her over his shoulders? I never watched this show but is this a common thing?

Edit: Question was already answered. Well, I hope someone has a serious talk with Averbukh that not everything is justifiable to get attention and they don‘t wait until someone gets seriously injured…

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
So Averbukh‘s the choreographer? Wow. That’s maybe even more shocking. He, after all, was the one who watched Zhenya try pairs elements for the first time and how slowly she took it to avoid getting injured. And it was with Enbert, too, who knows what he‘s doing. Milokhin can barely skate in a straight line and now he‘s supposed to fling her over his shoulders? I never watched this show but is this a common thing?

Edit: Question was already answered. Well, I hope someone has a serious talk with Averbukh that not everything is justifiable to get attention and they don‘t wait until someone gets seriously injured…
I hope they take things more calmy for the next few shows. Both Averbukh and Zhenya. Danya has no skating experience so he was probably nervous as well especially during the first show. Also he is not that much taller than Zhenya, so I was already worried concerning the tricks they would do 😖
Apparently Danya was not feeling well after the fall. I am hoping for the best :pray: would be a nightmare if he was injured already after the first show

Last edited:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Oof, he hit the back of his head on the ice, and she hit her knees. I hope they're both ok, and that Averbukh backs off the difficult elements!

Edit: Adding some more Alegría photos.

And some Anna Karenina photos I hadn't seen before.

Last edited:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Post-skate interview with

They look fine. Zhenya is jokingly saying:" When you drop it (your partner), they will throw you out - understand?" 😂 after Danya asked: "wait, will someone be thrown out or not?"

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
From Zhenya's insta story

"Friends, let us remember that everyone can make mistakes. And it has happend to you too. And more than once. We're fine and we're working on it.
@ danya Everything will work out! I believe in you"

Zhenya and Danya

Last edited:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Full interview (google translate so some things might be off)

"Don't worry about our fall!" Medvedeva and Milokhin - on the debut in the "Ice Age"

If you drop, you will be kicked out

- Guys, what are your feelings after the first rental?
Medvedeva: - In fact, we started very, very cool, went straight into the courage, I blissed out from the number itself. Finally, I'm rolling something groovy in such a delicate dress! Something unusual. There were some nuances, of course, for myself, for the first time on the ice, everything is very cool. I am very proud of Danya and I am 100 percent sure, I know that he will learn everything, because he is in good hands. Yes?
Milokhin: - Yes.
- Danya hit his head?

Milokhin: - No, I didn't hit it. (laughs) Hit a little bit, but okay.
Medvedeva: - In fact, we landed very softly. Therefore, friends, if you are worried - do not worry. Things are good.
Milokhin: - We know how to land.
- Worried?

Milokhin: - I was very worried. Probably, this prevented me. But further - more. Wait, they'll kick someone out now, right? Or not?
Medvedeva: - If you drop, they will kick you out.
Milokhin: - Got it.
Medvedeva: - That's it, the moments of upbringing. (laughs)
- Did your knees tremble before going out on the ice?

Medvedeva: - I have not.
Milokhin: - I don't remember, honestly!
Medvedeva: - Danya was a little worried.
Milokhin: - I was very worried.
- Someone came to cheer for you?

Milokhin: The guys came from the Dream Team . Dude, hello! Thanks for watching.
Medvedeva: - Yes, they came with posters, worried about Danya. I think that most of the spectators in the stands are figure skating lovers, I can also boast that they came to me.
- Are you satisfied with the performance in general?

Medvedeva: In general, yes. We will pay more attention to support. And so Danka learns very quickly.

We fell for the first time in all time

- Tatyana Anatolyevna spoke so ambiguously (“if you drop, we will kill.” - Approx. “SE”), did you worry about this?
Milokhin: - Honestly, I don't remember what she said. I was so worried that I don't even remember how we got out of there. I don't remember why we fell. But cool feeling.
Medvedeva: We will work on this. All the same, it is being worked out, everything is progressing and getting better.
- You are the most stellar couple in terms of the number of subscribers, how were you selected, how were you paired? Was this taken into account?

Medvedeva: We were the only option for each other, in my opinion, we did not even consider other partners.
Milokhin: We were immediately introduced, we went for a drive and so went.
- Evgenia, did you know who Danya Milokhin was before the project?

Medvedeva: Yes. When from each teapot "Golden thicket, golden chains", it is so difficult not to know who Danya Milokhin is.
Milokhin: - Sorry. (and dancing)
- Danya, did you follow Evgenia?

Milokhin: Yes, I followed her athletic success, I knew, I watched ... No, I did not watch Ice Age.
Medvedeva: So I have never participated in the "Ice Age" ...
Milokhin: Ahh, huh? I honestly don't know much about figure skating.
- But you were engaged in hockey?

Milokhin: Yes, three years, six years ago.
- Does it help or hinder you?

Medvedeva: I think it helps.
Milokhin: Hockey? It helps 100 percent, although the skates are different, but there is some basis.
- Skaters know what they are doing by participating in the "Ice Age". Did you realize that it would be so hard?

Milokhin: I didn't know and didn't think about it, I just walked. It was interesting to me.
- I was not afraid to fall and get injured, do you still have to work?

Milokhin: - No, I was not afraid. Today we fell for the first time and right at the performance. Cool.
Medvedeva: - Yes, for the first time in general. This usually happens because performing and training are two different things.
Milokhin: But this was the first time ...
Medvedeva: And the last one, right?
Milokhin: No! We will not be kicked out! 100 percent ... We got a taste of this fear, I felt it. And it will be more interesting further.
- There is no feeling "why did I get involved in this?"

Milokhin: - No. Probably (laughs)
Medvedeva: - We will see in a couple of issues.
- Evgenia, does Danya listen to you?

Medvedeva: Danya is obedient, he learns very quickly, but sometimes he forgets everything, so you have to repeat everything. We didn't have much time to prepare, just like all the other participants. We'll ride a little longer, find an approach to each other, get to know each other better as people, get to know the characters. And we'll manage, everything will be fine.
- Tell the audience why they should watch the eighth season of the show "Ice Age", everyone has already seen.

Medvedeva: Because there Evgenia Medvedeva skates with Dania Milokhin! This is, in principle, worth watching.
Milokhin: Only for this reason.
- Evgenia, you said that you want to become a coach, can we say that your work with Dania Milokhin is the first step towards this?

Medvedeva: - Absolutely not, because now I am playing the role of a partner, we have a coach. These are other people, this is not me.
Milokhin: But to some extent, you are also a coach, in fact.
Medvedeva: So I taught you something?
Milokhin: She is an educator. Teaches more about some psychological things.
- Did you somehow train the landing separately? Grouping there.

Medvedeva: Fall? And someone trains separately the fall?
Milokhin: Yes, of course! They put us on the bandwagon ... No, they never trained us.
- Danya said yesterday that he can skate no worse than Zhenya, maybe you are already trying jumping?

Milokhin to Medvedeva: I didn't say that.
Medvedeva: Danya says that he did not say that.

We want to appear as husband and wife

- Remember your first workout? What were the emotions?

Medvedeva: I was afraid ...

Milokhin: Support.

Medvedeva: No, I was afraid. I thought "in the sense of tiktoker, in the sense of Dania Milokhin, but he can skate, did he ever skate?" In the end, everything turned out well.

- Zhenya, is it not more difficult for you as a loner to perform here? The rest of the rivals rode in pairs or dances.

Medvedeva: I think our couple as a whole is a little more difficult than some here. First, I'm a loner, yes ...

Milokhin: And secondly, I'm not a skater.

Medvedeva: Yes, and it is more difficult for a non-skater to lift a girl than a skater.

Milokhin: Forget it.

Medvedeva: Yes, this is a matter of time. Let's learn.

- Danya, were you really that worried?

Milokhin: Very exciting, I forgot what excitement is. You are already so popular that you no longer worry about anything. But here I remembered what excitement is.

- What role would you like to appear in front of the audience?

Milokhin: Husband and wife. But this is what she decides.

Medvedeva: It was a joke, it was necessary to laugh here. (laughs)

- This year the Olympics, do you want to somehow reflect this in your numbers?

Medvedeva: It's a strange question, sorry, I have no answer."

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I never followed Ice Age before, is the fall on the first episode airing Saturday. And do they eliminate skaters every week?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I never followed Ice Age before, is the fall on the first episode airing Saturday. And do they eliminate skaters every week?
The show filmed today will air on Saturday. They may have refilmed the lift. We will see. Sometimes when a fall happens the judges ask the participants to try again.
They start eliminating skaters after the 4th week

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Not saying she will bomb. But time doesn’t stand still.

She hasn‘t skated in a competition that counts in years, not months or weeks.
Fair enough
The old Medvedeva is in the past. Hasn’t been the real Medvedeva in what? 3 or 3 and a half years? And there was a noticeable drop off between 17 and 19. Her results weren’t getting better. Not that wasn't to be expected.
No, she has not been the same; her edges are deeper, her speed is faster, her 2A is bigger, her SS in general have improved beyond those of any of the other Russian ladies even as her scores mysteriously and completely tanked. It's almost as if her fed dropped her when she left a popular Russian coach for a gay Canadian, not that RusFed would punish her for that or anything, of course, and of course, now she is back in Russia with that same popular Russian coach, so even if somehow there was a connection between changing coaches and dropping scores despite better overall skating, they should somehow (and of course, coincidentally) disappear now.
I’m just trying to temper expectations to save people from possible disapointment.

Any comeback resets the counter to zero since it’s the new Medvedeva: a couple of years older, with a lot of competitive rust, injuries that may or may not have fully heeled, and possibly less hungry to put in the hard yards required since she has so many cakes in the oven at this point in her life.

She hasn’t exactly been struggling during her time off. She is making money, she is still skating (with less pressure) and her name and fans are still strong.

It is going to be a bigger struggle than many realize.

But, in or out, it’s been a great career any way you slice it.

Is it possible to make a full comeback? Obviously yes. She is a champion as I mentioned earlier champions are equipped to beat the odds.
Yeah, it would certainly be a hard road, but as you said, she is equipped to trudge it if she still has the health and desire.

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I actually thought about it as well that she skated both Algeria and memoirs to the competition cut and not a show cut , with the whole step sequence in it.
Yeah, she just didn't do all the jump passes, replacing some of them with choreography instead. I think her health is returning. She can jump and spin, so her back is probably alright, and she can skate a long program with complicated steps, so her stamina and lung power are improving, too. Whether they are or will be improved enough to include all the jumps or not is anyone's guess, but she performed two legit free skates, and she performed them well.