Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov

LRK

Record Breaker
She may be retiring? Source?

It's mentioned in the interview RemyRose linked:

EV: When in the autumn Mozer said it's her last season did it come as a surprise?
VM: I still don't know how to take it, frankly. I don't plan to retire yet, and think neither is Evgenia.
ET: I think we'll be talking about it. If Nina Mikhailovna indeed decided to retire I guess she has some thoughts about the team. Just that they were not yet voiced out

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
T/M were spectacular today! Their throw triple loop was so glorious! All their elements were actually :biggrin: I'm very happy for them and I hope they can keep up the energy for the free program. I really hope they can pull of the quad twist!

Get behind the polka-dots, people! :agree: ;)

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Are Evgenia and Vladamir married?

I heard they were? I did notice today Evgenia wearing a ring on her right ring finger (which is the hand Russian's wear their wedding ring on), but I don't know for sure. If so I think they make a cute couple and that also adds to my sensitivity about people saying they have no chemistry. Rude! :p

Moving on, The Polka-Dot Party couldn't make it today, but well-deserved silver medals for T/M! I wonder what's next for them? If I was in their position I'd be so worried that any program I try would be not taken well...how will they decide what to do?!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Again their FP was obviously behind their abilities. During Euro it won gold for them after ruined short program but both on OG and yesterday on Worlds after perfect SP their LP was not perfect. And I don't speak about polka dress, I consider it cute :) Well, I still consider them as next best world pair, they are still pretty young (youngest of all the medalists) and they will improve. But they had the capacity to give S/M pretty hard time so the competition would be more thrilling :)
But they still won silver and I have to congratulate them :thumbsup:

newyn

On the Ice
Congratulations for their world silver medal! They are amazing and I'm so happy for them!

Now please please please get a free program that doesn't require aggressively ignoring the lyrics in order for it to be enjoyable to watch. I loathe to see people criticize them all the time but those Aguleira songs were hard to overcome even for me, and I've been a huge fan of them ever since they turned senior. I never got the criticizing of their past programs (for example, I absolutely adore their 'Hello' freeskate and re watch it frequently) but I've been rather sad to see them choose this for the Olympic season.

Maybe they could skate to some romantic piano music next season. This is just an idea, but maybe Heart asks pleasure first by Michael Nyman. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsQBKr_x-P4
Or something along those lines.

madforskating

On the Ice
Congratulations for their world silver medal! They are amazing and I'm so happy for them!

Now please please please get a free program that doesn't require aggressively ignoring the lyrics in order for it to be enjoyable to watch. I loathe to see people criticize them all the time but those Aguleira songs were hard to overcome even for me, and I've been a huge fan of them ever since they turned senior. I never got the criticizing of their past programs (for example, I absolutely adore their 'Hello' freeskate and re watch it frequently) but I've been rather sad to see them choose this for the Olympic season.

Maybe they could skate to some romantic piano music next season. This is just an idea, but maybe Heart asks pleasure first by Michael Nyman. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsQBKr_x-P4
Or something along those lines.

I stan the Hello FS too! Still my favorite of theirs. I like the music you picked for them; I could see them in a romantic style like Gordeeva and Grinkov.

Miriam090

Rinkside
Hi all! This is my first post on this thread (I'm pretty new to this forum in general)
I'm a huge fan of Zhenya and Volodya; they just pulled me in from the very first time I saw them skate.

I just stumbled across this translation of an interview with Nina Mozer - some interesting information here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/samokhvalovs-interview-with-mozer.103730/

(Apologies if this has already been posted anywhere - I couldn't see anything on the subject myself)

madforskating

On the Ice
Hi all! This is my first post on this thread (I'm pretty new to this forum in general)
I'm a huge fan of Zhenya and Volodya; they just pulled me in from the very first time I saw them skate.

I just stumbled across this translation of an interview with Nina Mozer - some interesting information here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/samokhvalovs-interview-with-mozer.103730/

(Apologies if this has already been posted anywhere - I couldn't see anything on the subject myself)

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the interview link; very interesting!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
OMG, the interview that Miriam posted is pretty... Alarming.
"But the most important is that every health test he undergoes ends up with being forbidden to do sports. Then his heart is re-tested and at the end he is sort of ok-ed."

Lota

Record Breaker
"But the most important is that every health test he undergoes ends up with being forbidden to do sports. Then his heart is re-tested and at the end he is sort of ok-ed."

I will never be able to unlearn that and I'll think of it every time they skate :shocked: Please be careful, guys, we don't want another G&G repeat here :hopelessness:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

:shocked: Is this translation accurate?! If so that is alarming! I hope Vladimir isn't in any danger! I really like him.

Apparently they did pick the music themselves, and whilst I do enjoy Candyman, I wonder why the lyrics at least didn't make them go :scratch2: I like the style of music, too bad they didn't pick a less...contraversial song!

LRK

Record Breaker
Except, didn't they say in an interview that Nina Mozer picked their programs? It seems no one wants to admit to having anything to do with it. At this rate, I think that if anyone were to ask Peter Tchernyshev he would deny all knowledge of it as well. "Me? No, nothing to do with me." - "But... didn't you choreograph it?" - "Well, yes, but, apart from that tinsy-winsy, totally irrelevant detail, it had nothing to do with me."

We'll just have to assume the thing just materialised ready-made... from somewhere.;)

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Except, didn't they say in an interview that Nina Mozer picked their programs? It seems no one wants to admit to having anything to do with it. At this rate, I think that if anyone were to ask Peter Tchernyshev he would deny all knowledge of it as well. "Me? No, nothing to do with me." - "But... didn't you choreograph it?" - "Well, yes, but, apart from that tinsy-winsy, totally irrelevant detail, it had nothing to do with me."

We'll just have to assume the thing just materialised ready-made... from somewhere.;)

It sprang fully-formed from the ether! Perhaps that's what Nina meant when she said it was destiny for T/M to skate it.

In other news, I was browsing my Instagram and Vladmir decided to try out a new sport :laugh:

Should Canada be afraid?

Plus Zhenya and Vladimir looking great from the Closing Banquet!

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Thank you for these amazing pics.:luv17: Zhenya looks amazing in that dress, that's for sure.

They are an amazing couple, and what always stands out to me in their programs (especially in their Ex program) is the way they look at each other. It's just like an amazing chemestry between them. I love them and I hope to see them the next season healthy, powerfull and winning everything :luv17:

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Vladimir Morozov took part in an Olympic lesson project and visited the Kurchatov School of Moscow and answered some questions: (credit: https://teamrussia.pro/news/novosti/vladimir-morozov-mozer-budet-nam-pomogat-ostal-noe-sekret/)
- Nina Moser announced the intention to stay just as a consultant in the upcoming season. How will it affect your pair?

- Nina Mikhailovna will help us. We will not lose contact with her.

- Who else will you work with?

- So far this is a secret, which is to be disclosed in the media soon. But I can assure you that everything will be fine.

- Are there any ideas for the new season?

- We are thinking about the variants of music. And it's still difficult to talk about the elements of a program. First we need to know the rules.

- Now there are rumors about likely changes in the rules of figure skating. How will they affect pairs?

- Until now the changes are not approved. This can happen only in early June. Therefore, we are waiting. Surely they will cut the Free program for 30 seconds and, probably, remove one element from it. They are going to introduce a new GOE scale - from "minus 5" to "plus 5". Previously it was from "minus 3" to "plus 3". This will help judges more accurately evaluate the performances. It is not clear yet with the quads.

- Will the cut of Free program affect the choreography?

- I hope that the changes will be reasonable. If you cut 30 seconds, you must exclude an element. Otherwise, it will be just a race for the elements..
- What impression did the last season leave? Was it successful for you?

- In any case, successful. Not everything worked out at the Olympics, but we have team silver. In fact we left the juniors not so long time ago and already compete with the world's leading pairs. Youth is on our side. So we look with optimism for the next four years.

- They say that Aljona Savchenko and Bruno Massot decided to retire. If so, will it be easier for you?

- We do not have contact with them. Some say that they decided to leave, others, on the contrary, say they are going to stay. We will know for sure only at the beginning of the next season.

- Are you embarrassed to be behind the German pair at the Worlds by 20 points?

- No. We had mistakes, and Savchenko and Massot performed with no mistakes. But it happened at certain tournament. In general they are not so far ahead. At the Olympics, the judges forgave them short program with a jump mistake, placing them on the fourth place. But they skated perfectly their Free program.

- In the media, you often compared with the pair Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov. What do you think of it?

- This is a flattering comparison. We worked with one coach, so there are some similar elements. But in style our pairs are different…

- Do you consider yourself as candidates for leadership in the new Olympic cycle?

- We are used not to consider, but to do.

Sorry for the long post and for any eventual mistakes I've made. :biggrin: