Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
Although I've been watching T/M skate since they became seniors, and I particularly enjoyed the Glam and Rach II sp's, I also feel like this season is the first time I've really seen this team and all of their talent and potential. I also have a soft spot for underdogs and they certainly seem like underdogs this season. I feel like for some reason, so many skating fans on the boards and social media have picked them to be the skaters they pick on this season. It makes me so sad to see people who are actively rooting against them.

I'm hoping for a clean fs and a win on Saturday. I think it would do a world of good for their confidence.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Vimeo has deleted all of my videos :( , so send me a PM if you'd like a temporary download link for the GPF Gala.

Julie Wie

On the Ice
I was actually thinking about that (a thousand years), but decided its too cheesy. Now you have motivated me to do it anyways ;)

Julie Wie

On the Ice
personally my favorite shorts are "Glam", "Sarabande" .. and "Lord of the dance" - but I still think the short from last season suits them better than the current one. "I Feel good" is more like a mixture of the Boogie boogie fp "candyman" from last year (Zhenya, Volodia - I love you, please don't do that again!) and "glam" ... sometimes I thought "nice" and sometimes (the start... the arm movements in between...) I felt like they are just doing movements in a robotic way they dont feel ... they always seemed so uncomfortable in their skin, in my eyes.

Miriam090

Rinkside
Per Trankov on Match TV, T/M are going back to last season’s short

Best decision they've ever made honestly... Rach is my favourite short of theirs, and Winter my favourite free, so I'm super happy about this change!🤗

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Best decision they've ever made honestly... Rach is my favourite short of theirs, and Winter my favourite free, so I'm super happy about this change!��

Excellent news. I also consider last year's SP and this year's FS their best programs and whoever stands behind this decision deserves huge thanks (if it's Trankov, congratulations as it's one of the things a coach should do: stop fruitless experiments). I hope that after three attempts of flirting with music that clearly does not suit them (Candyman and both this season's SPs), they will finally stay far away from the boogie-woogie, disco and other speed-vibes and entertaining music. I also think they felt comfortable with Rachmaninov and liked the program and I hope it will be noted in the interpretation and execution of the elements. Good luck at the Europeans! The battle for gold between them and the French will be very interesting and exciting.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Per Trankov on Match TV, T/M are going back to last season’s short

Aww, I really love "I Feel Good"! Of course Rach No 2 is stunning and I do love it too.

I hope T/M don't give up on the "fun" programs forever, but if they do I'll still support them they're my faves :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm super happy about the decision. Not that "I feel good" was bad in any way, but I don't think it is best suited for Zhenya and Vova. Rach last season was fantastic. I hope they'll be wearing the same/similar costumes as well :). Really loved that programme. My fave SP is Lord of the Dance, but Rach came a very close second. Well done, guys!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm super happy about the decision. Not that "I feel good" was bad in any way, but I don't think it is best suited for Zhenya and Vova. Rach last season was fantastic. I hope they'll be wearing the same/similar costumes as well :). Really loved that programme. My fave SP is Lord of the Dance, but Rach came a very close second. Well done, guys!

It seems we have similar taste (thank gosh, I was starting to worry I was a real weirdo :laugh:)

I agree, the costumes for Rach are amazing! :biggrin: I also love Lord of the Dance so much! The footwork sequence is so good! Vladimir looked so Irish too and the costumes! I love green.

LadyB

Record Breaker
It seems we have similar taste (thank gosh, I was starting to worry I was a real weirdo :laugh:)

I agree, the costumes for Rach are amazing! :biggrin: I also love Lord of the Dance so much! The footwork sequence is so good! Vladimir looked so Irish too and the costumes! I love green.

I love green and I particularly love everything Irish...and Vladimir ain't bad either ;)

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
I also liked "I Feel Good". Despite having the highest international score pairs sp score of the season, it seemed like it didn't go over well with a lot of people though. I think part of it was this was the team people somehow decided to pick on this season and another part was Candyman backlash. That said, Rach II is gorgeous, it averaged about 2-3 points higher in PCS than "I Feel Good", and the change seems to be overall very well welcomed and received.

I'm also hoping that they won't give up on the fun programs forever. Glam is exhibit A. It was a fun program and they always looked like they were having a blast performing and dancing through it every time they competed it. I think the key to a widespread positive reception of a T/M fun program is that it needs to be elegant, classy, and sophisticated in some way. There is an innate elegance and maturity to their skating. Everything is so textbook, pristine, and polished. These are all great qualities to have, but not every music choice is going to be compatible. I've wondered if something like Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong might work for them. Dream a Little Dream of Me? Maybe something from Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett. I think they can do fun, it just has to be a very careful choice that works with their strengths and not against them.