Favorite Program so far? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Favorite Program so far?

OldSkaterMom

Match Penalty
I am in love with both of Evan Lysacek's programs, but especially Tosca. I was at Skate America and saw it live and it had your heart pounding. What an ovation he got.

I also particularly liked Kimmie's SP and Belbin/Agosto's OD and FD. I thought the OD was very "original" and fresh. Their FD I think is very beautiful and sophisticated.

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
I like Johnny, Lambiel, and Takahashis' SP and LP. I love love love K/N's Night on Bald Mountain FD, the Kerr's space dance FD, and Dom/Shab's FD.

Perhaps it would be better to choose one famous slow ballad and one peppy song of the musical (e.g. Maria and I feel pretty) - and combine them.

...but at "I feel pretty" it suddenly looked like Czisny was playing the role of Maria...
I wish she would dress in pants and do Tony. When you are a Jet and There's a place for us! :rock:

oleada

Record Breaker
My favorite programs:

Ladies:
- Nagasu's LP - it's gorgeous and she expresses it so well.
- Kiira Korpi's SP - it's fun and it goes by really fast when I watch it. She really lights up the arena when she skates.
- Ando´s LP - the cuts of Carmen she uses are actually different, and I wish she can skate it clean sometime.
- Both of Emily Hughes's program. I really appreciate that she´s trying to do something different.

Men:
Not my favorite discipline but I loooove Daisuke's SP and Chan's LP. Verner's Sp is also really enjoyable.

Pairs:
Mukhortova and Trankov's SP. I'm sick of Otonal, but I don't mind it all when they skate to it.
Aliona and Robin's programs. As usual, they're brilliant and into a class of their own when it comes to choreography.

Dance:
I actually love both of D&S's (Russia) programs, which is a sacrilege around here.
Khokhlova and Novitski's FD - so energetic and fun and they go all out.
Delschoes FD - subtle and beautiful
Samuelson and Bates's OD
Bobrova & Soloviev's OD
Pechalat and Bourzat's FD

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
My favourites among men´s sp programmes are those by Takahashi and Verner. They both are absolutely awesome!!! Takahashi shows how instead of sounding boring a hip hop music can be really exciting, if chosen well and a great skater is performing to it. I will add other disciplines later.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Verner's short is my favorite. He was ripped off and should have gotten a way higher mark for it too. Lambiel's long program is my second favorite, I just wish he would skate it 100% cleanly as far as the jumps rather then 20% clean.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
In men my favourite freeskate programme is that by Jeremy Abbott. I love the choreography, his male artistry and the music.

aaron

Rinkside
My best 3 for Men are:
1. Takahashi's SP - so unique
2. Verner's SP and LP - steps are awsome
3. Chan's SP and LP - Patrick makes it looks so good

best 3 for Ladies are:
1. Rochette's LP - it's from last yr but getting better and better
2. Asada's SP - slst is amazing
3. Ashley's LP - fits her very well

Bennett

Record Breaker
My best 3 for Men are:
1. Takahashi's SP - so unique
2. Verner's SP and LP - steps are awsome
3. Chan's SP and LP - Patrick makes it looks so good

I agree! Verner's SP is amazing. It was really interesting and fun to watch! I am also impressed by his skating skills. I also liked Daisuke's swan SP and Chan's programs. Patrick is such a beautiful skater!!! I like his skating a lot. He has a great posture, stretch, and extension and things look so precise.

flying camel

Medalist
After watching Alissa skate at the NHK I really love her West Side Story program. I feel its her best program so far. It has all the wonderful music from West Side Story. Who choreographed it? They did a good job. If only she could land her jumps that program would score really well. Maybe she will be landing her jumps by nationals.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Well, let's see -- I forgot to tape Cup of China, and have only seen parts of Cup of Russia and NHK (the complete videotape viewing will hopefully take place this week) but among what I have actually seen:

MEN: Love both the short and long programs of Lambiel; These are two interesting, artistic programs that can be used to (at least partially) defuse the arguement that CoP discourages interesting programs and ever since CoP, all the programs look alike. Also like Patrick Chan's long, but I'm not sure if it's due to the program or I'm just amazed at the way he simply moves across the ice.

LADIES: From what I've seen so far, the ladies are taking a while to get going this season. I like Mao's long, but I'm not thrilled with it. The only program that really has stood out for me has been Ashley Wagner's SP -- in part due to her musical selection -- it amazes me that more skaters have not chosen Saint-Saen's Gypsy Dance from "Henry VIII", ESPECIALLY for a short program; it's just perfect skating music and Ashley uses it very well.

PAIRS: I like Mukhortova & Trankov's long, and after a second viewing, am starting to get into Savchenko & Szolkowy's. The music is my problem with the latter (commentators have noted this as well), but the whole package is starting to grow on me.

DANCE: Khoklova & Novitski have my favorite FD of the few that I've actually seen. The maneuver near the end where he picks her up "by the Biellmann" and spins her around is worth a couple of rewinds. :rock:

yoyoyogi

Rinkside
The program that has impressed me most is Navarro and Bommentre's Free Dance. The choreography is really sophisticated and the elements seem simply folded in to the body of the dance. And it is felt and emotional rather than histrionic. I also love many other programs. I think Belbin and Agosto's, Virtue and Moir's, and a couple of French teams, and the number 2 Italians have nice interesting thoughtful programs. I hope that Gregory and Petchukov work on their OD. They are talented skaters but their programs never quite fit. The biggest problem is that the footwork sequences almost all look the same...and they are almost all boring and repetitive.

Treasures17

Rinkside
Men - Johnny Weir’s SP & LP,
Stephane Lambiel’s SP & LP
Daisuke Takahashi’s SP
Patrick Chan’s LP

I haven’t been impressed by any ladies programs this season so far but maybe
Caloline Zang’s SP . And
For Choreography, Miki’s programs are interesting but it’s a shame she is not on now, as far as her performances.

For ice dance

Jana & Sergei’s free dance. ( They are just incredible. And fun and original )
Tessa & Scott ‘s free dance. ( So beautiful , romantic and emotional )

Bennett

Record Breaker
I like Takahashi's SP and LP. SP is really interesting, but LP is more of my type:

I also like Chan's SP and LP programs. SP is truly special to me:

I agree that Caroline's SP is a very nice program.

I hope that Miki will be able to skate to her programs to their potentials at Words!

decker

On the Ice
The hip-hop swan is IT. :clap:

I want to like Stephane's programs best, but his skating on his butt this year puts me in a funk. Verner has the best SP music this year, but I thought he looked half a beat off or something at NHK. But I reallyreallyreallyreally like the music. And Verner. Maybe if I see it again ... .

I think Uspenski's Turandot has potential. His execution has been shoddy, which annoys me since he clearly is capable of better. But he caught my attention ... even though I usually think of overused art music as time for a potty break.

Susan