Favorite Smiley Moments | Golden Skate

Favorite Smiley Moments

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was watching a list of Step Sequences provided by Gkelly in another thread and noticed besides the steps and maybe even more so....what really caught my attention was Sasha's Smile at the end. It's just a raw moment of emotion and personal triumph. So I submit this as the first favorite smile.

Sasha Cohen Dark Eyes

Anyone Else??

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Yuna's little smile during her SITC step sequence while she is doing her little spiral, that step sequence interpreted "happy and sorrow in life" perfectly :eek::

one of my fave moments in her SITC!

Also, Akiko's expression after her title-worthy LP performance from last year's Japan Nationals. From that performance, I can never watch a POTO program without comparing it to Akiko's.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Hmm, of the last year?

I think Julia at Budapest when she was posing for a picture of mine. I still have that one, she has such a unique way of smiling ;) In competition hmm, I guess Adelina at Sochi during her SP.

Of the all time favorites of course anything Sasha did but most likely her Romeo & Juliet year.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Yuna's little smile during her SITC step sequence while she is doing her little spiral, that step sequence interpreted "happy and sorrow in life" perfectly :eek::
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5SDN7NP-Og=2m30s
I dont know how to post video at exact time, someone please enlighten me how to do that?

Very simple!

Go to the point in the video you want to link (I suggest 2 or 3 seconds before) and press pause.
Right-click on the little scrubber (dot) and select "Get URL at current time"
A window will pop up on the middle of the screen. Copy and paste.

Voila! ;)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
now I am thinking about it, there are just too many smile moments in Yuna's programs including that famous "Rotten smile" in her Roxanne Tango program.
Speaking of facial expression, Yuna is the King:laugh::biggrin:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Very simple!

Go to the point in the video you want to link (I suggest 2 or 3 seconds before) and press pause.
Right-click on the little scrubber (dot) and select "Get URL at current time"
A window will pop up on the middle of the screen. Copy and paste.

Voila! ;)

Thanks, I did it!:)

koriani

Rinkside
Felicia Zhang during her and Nate's Nationals FP last year! They were so happy!!

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Shocking no one mentioned the obvious! Mao's 'Smile' exhibition program, it was disarmingly charming.

As I recall she tried to shake the cameraman's hand but the boundary was too wide/high or something. It is contemporary, try to be more spontaneous and showcase other aspect of her personality, she owns that program. Very different from her competition programs which feels more conservative, old fashioned and serious (I got rhythm aside) in comparison.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Since most of the videos that have been suggested so far are quite old, I thought I would post some from the past 12 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzYTlccJ8ro

Does Kanako happy (ugly) crying in Japan Nats 2013 count? HAHA I love this moment so much, girl was so happy she couldn't stop crying.

If it doesn't count... well... Kanako when she's happy = favorite figure skating smile :D

Ach! You stole one of the videos I was going to post!

Well, how about the other half of last year’s dream story from the Japanese Ladies Championships? Here is Akiko Suzuki’s Free Skate. (You can always count on Akiko for a great smile, but this time was greater than most! :biggrin: )

My next video was going to be Camilla Gjersem's reaction to her FS score at the Volvo Open. But, unfortunately, the video on YouTube cuts off straight after she finishes her routine. :disapp:

Oh well, I guess that leaves me having to put my fan-boy hat on... :biggrin:

The obvious choice is Anna's reactions after doing each of her routines at the 2014 Senior Worlds (SP and FS)

But, let's also re-wind to Anna's reaction after doing her 2010 Junior Worlds SP (make sure you watch right to the end, because the uploader has added some extra clips at the end of her in the audience).

With a smile like that, you just can't help but love her!!! :love:

CaroLiza_fan