Favourite element of the season | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Favourite element of the season

Khoai

Match Penalty
Cheated take-off by some skaters fascinate me that they never get called. Always my pleasure to watch.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason standing up on the quad at Skate America. You could almost hear the shock and surprise in the arena, not to mention the gasps from the commentators.

Max landing the 4S in his Lion King FS at Nationals. He'd popped the first one, he needed a huge FS to come back from his hole after the SP, and then with the crowd's encouragement, he reeled off a 4S more beautiful than any other he'd landed that season. Wonderful testament to a skater who'll never die.

Boyang's 4Lz in the FS at Worlds. Holy cow. :love:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
James and Cipres throw rippon flip was so impressive, I wish they landed it cleanly.

This was the COOLEST element. Watched them working on it at Sk Amer practices. They were having a tough time with it, since it is so difficult. But it really was impressive. I'd have to look it up to be sure, but I think they tried it in the competition and she couldn't hang on to it and fell...Dare we hope that next year they'll try it again? :)

ffloweer

Rinkside
Country
Argentina
This was the COOLEST element. Watched them working on it at Sk Amer practices. They were having a tough time with it, since it is so difficult. But it really was impressive. I'd have to look it up to be sure, but I think they tried it in the competition and she couldn't hang on to it and fell...Dare we hope that next year they'll try it again? :)

You know, I think I read somewhere that they would try this again next season. If I find where I'll share!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Javier's entire SP at Worlds. The whole thing was seamless, ecstatic, a pure embodiment of music and artistry.

The power and superb energy of Nathan's footwork at the end of a five-quad program! (Nationals and 4CC). Yet cool, collected, not rattled by skating after superstar Yuzuru.

AW creating that Ashley Wagner Moment at Nationals, everybody on their feet; beautiful, mature, elegant, lovely skating ... in the wake of what Karen Chen had just laid down. A warrior moment.

The whole second half of Adam Rippon's FS at TdF. It became more and more like he was performing poetry, so quietly, until that feeling culminated with his dazzling Rippon triple lutz fitting sublimely with the music.

Isabella Tobias and Ilia Tkachenko's lifts in their Nutcracker FD.

Elliana Pogrebinsky and Alex Benoit's opening curve lift in their FD: Layla's Temptation. Breathtakingly beautiful, outstanding flexibility and grace of Elliana. Her flexibility doesn't look like a limp noodle; she and Alex use it to create gorgeous shapes.

Evgenia's Tano-Rippon combination.

Last edited: