Figure Skating Anime | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Anime

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
The one thing that really saves it tho was the stream realness. I can't believe the accuracy with the triplets and the dance instructor watching the GP in a buffering stream in the middle of the night and finishing on rossiya sport stream!! Only real fans will get it but man did it do it for me. Best part of the episode right there.

Yes! I knew I wanted to mention something and then it slipped my mind. This was brilliant. And when she ended up on the Russian stream I died laughing. So accurate and yes, it was the best part for me too :laugh:

yuzushenko

On the Ice
YES, the russian steam! so legit!

and yeah i forgot to mention that quad loop someone did should have been a downgrade..smh. i think the commentators said it was perfect lol

i agree, this episode felt pretty empty and not much happened to develop the relationship or characters. they did show us a bit of yuurio but he sort of felt like an afterthought in a way since he was just mentioned briefly in the beginning. i wish they would spend less time showing us the competitors' programs and more time dealing with the characters themselves. if they're going to show us everyone's program, at least develop them as characters (although i would hate to have that many characters since it would take attention away from the main 3). it's like being forced to watch through all the skaters i usually skip through when watching live event streams haha..

GF2445

Record Breaker
Also Seung Gil's 4Lo was <<
It landed unashamedly forwards.

Also, I want sushi plush toys!!

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I really loved the comments about the stream dying and wishing it was broadcast live... and that she was watching a Russian stream in Japan and the times being all wrong.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Okay, some proper thoughts on this episode.

I was so, so happy to see R-Yuri and his grandfather again. I was really worried after the earlier part of the season that R-Yuri's grandfather was dead, but I'm glad to see this is not the case. However, the fact that his grandfather didn't show for the SP has me worried again. Could it be that R-Yuri is about to get an emotional sledgehammer like J-Yuuri?

The new characters: JJ is completely Patrick Chan. The brother-sister thing I found really rather creepy. I didn't like the Korean character.

I'm worried about our sweet puppy friend! I hope he will be all right. I also hope that J-Yuuri will shake off Victor's absence, ignore Yakov, and kick some backside with his FS. And I hope for a strong comeback for R-Yuri. Mostly I don't want JJ to win because oh my god is he a jerk.

I about died laughing falling off my couch when the various characters were complaining about streaming, or what time of night it was. THE REALNESS!

I'm also thinking the showrunners are lurking on these boards and the figure skating fandom. Last week we complained about the unrealism of the scoring and whether they were going to suggest the two Yuris had to win to qualify; this week we get Yuuri explaining in his head that he can finish 4th (which is realistic) and still qualify and the commentators talking about jump base value.

eta

Medalist
For everyone commenting on the brother-sister thing, let me just mention that it's fairly common in various Japanese manga/anime/novel...

SamuraiKike

Medalist
For everyone commenting on the brother-sister thing, let me just mention that it's fairly common in various Japanese manga/anime/novel...

After 6 years of watching the Lannister siblings on Game of Thrones it didn't bother me at all :D

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I totally forgot! I had to quit the show after the cute boy fell from the tower which was s01e01 sadly.

OHh but he did survive. You have missed so much...

Ok back to YOI.. I want to see another top japanese competitor. Yuri didnt make it to worlds last season so there must be a reigning japanese champion a he's nowhere to be seen.

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
OHh but he did survive. You have missed so much...

Ok back to YOI.. I want to see another top japanese competitor. Yuri didnt make it to worlds last season so there must be a reigning japanese champion a he's nowhere to be seen.

We did see him! The reigning japanese champion is the cute chicken nugget in ketchup Kenjirou Minami.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
We did see him! The reigning japanese champion is the cute chicken nugget in ketchup Kenjirou Minami.

It's kind of weird though that he's not on the GP. Or is he and we're just not seeing him because he's doing not great?

eta

Medalist

He placed ahead of Yuri but was not the Japanese champion. They were emphasizing the really bad condition Yuri was in during last nationals, so bad that he (as a top Japanese) scored less than a junior.

yuzushenko

On the Ice
the bro-sis thing was creepy but i felt it was a dig at the sibling couples in ice dance (shibsibs, reed siblings)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Yes! I knew I wanted to mention something and then it slipped my mind. This was brilliant. And when she ended up on the Russian stream I died laughing. So accurate and yes, it was the best part for me too :laugh:
havent seen the ep yet
Was TAT featured??? we need anime TAT!:laugh:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Thoughts on ep 9:

1. Sister...? They went full blown Protective and Clingy Big Brother Syndrome, didn't they. It was about to go into Angel Sanctuary teritory any moment.

2. JJ's song was the cachiest song on this show, omg, I wanted to sing along.

3. What about the -3 GOE for that axel, huh?

4. Whoa, Yurio's getting his own taste of crushing performance nerves. I loved how he couldn't "feel" agape because he was angry.

5. Yuri doesn't like it when Viktor's attention wanders away from him pefore performance, heh.

6. As a dog person, I totally understood Yuri's panic at the end.

7. Hahaha, stream troubles!

ETA:

9. I felt for Yurio when his grandpa couldn't come. His beat-up car kinda drive home that Yurio's from a poor family probably.

10. That thing with the dog dod't come out of the blue! Macchan was shown to salivate over the buns and, which had me laugh because it was such a typical dog thing to do.

11. Yuri shouting "Davai" and Victor "Ganbate" was so amusing. They're learning each other, lol, cuteness.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
GPF in Barcelona? LOL. Sine they didn't mention any skater form Spain yet... I love the triplets, as always, and also food plushies thrown at Yuri :laugh: It's funny that Kazakhstani skater is doing so well in GP, considering how it was never like that for Denis. And I also find it weird there is no mention of current Japanese Champion in that GP, where it's logical he would get assignment at least at NHK Trophy... oh well. Hope R-Yuri Grandpa will come for Free Program, R-Yuri is so adorable with him :) And I like Korean skater, he's all buisness :biggrin: