Florent Amodio | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Florent Amodio

LRK

Record Breaker
forgive my ignorance but do they give small medals ? for every kind of competitions? even ISU championships?

I believe they do for Euros and Worlds', at least. About others I don't know - I wish they gave them for all competitions, though.

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/32842-javier-fern-ndez-the-king-of-europe

The most emotional moment of the night occurred when France’s Florent Amodio dropped to his knees on the ice at the end of his “Memories of Sobral” program. The 2011 European champion had last medaled in this event in 2013 and his career had been in a seemingly never-ending slump since then.

He had announced before arriving in Bratislava that he was calling it quits after Europeans and his was a farewell performance of which the Frenchman can be proud. Amodio’s free skate score of 162.68, the second best of the night, lifted him up to fourth place, but a total of 240.96 left him just a point shy of a fairytale finish.

“Yes, definitely. I thought a lot about this decision and it wasn’t easy, but I have to be honest,” Amodio replied when asked if he was really retiring. “It’s not possible for me to jump two or three quads. It’s so hard for me to do even one quad. I’m 25 and it has started to be difficult with this technical level.

“This performance was my best ever for sure. Even if it’s without a medal. You see the standing ovation and the public will remember me, I hope, forever. For sure, I will remember. It’s only once in a lifetime you can skate like this.

For sure, I had the best moment of my life here today.”

I will remember forever :bow: :bow: :bow:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It's amazing that he had that performance exactly 5 years after winning Euros with Nikolai. He can go out on a high note. So good to see him in high spirits again.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Awww! That's so hilarious and moving at the same time!

Where else did you post it? You should absolutely put that in Skating Fluff.:)
u're free to do it urself
I have no idea where it is:laugh:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Done.:) (The thread is in The Edge.) I didn't want to "steal your thunder", so to speak, but I have credited you.:)
ah no worries its not my vid anyway so no need to credit:agree:

Lina was loosing her ***** too at Flo's skate:laugh:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBGEpiQK-Ql/?taken-by=linochka97

& Misha
Misha Ge @mishageofficial

That.What.Called.Epic.Ending. #TrueArtist #WeWillMissYou 👏🏼🙏🏼@FlorentAmodio - 2016 Euro LP

https://twitter.com/mishageofficial/status/692973875483799552

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Pic of Amodio with the small medal

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBITr3FJBY1/

Miki Ando's farewell message to Florent

Emotional moment at European 2016. I'd like to say thank you Florent to be you and the way you are on the ice!!! You touched to our heart and left great memories.....
And also I had great memories with you. Training with you, went to so many places in Japan;))) I'll miss you!!! Merci

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBH99FuF_Io/?taken-by=miki_m_ando0403

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
tx for sharing !!!!!!
Pic of Amodio with the small medal

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBITr3FJBY1/

Miki Ando's farewell message to Florent

Emotional moment at European 2016. I'd like to say thank you Florent to be you and the way you are on the ice!!! You touched to our heart and left great memories.....
And also I had great memories with you. Training with you, went to so many places in Japan;))) I'll miss you!!! Merci

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBH99FuF_Io/?taken-by=miki_m_ando0403

Litin

Spectator
I'm not a fan of Florent Amodio but it's sad moment. He deserved to win this Championship but without quad jumps he couldn't. I don't like when talented skaters finish their career so early because there are someone who is very fond by judges.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Cher Florent,
Merci mille fois des votre fantastique peformances longtemps! :)

Nous sommes tres tres triste de votre retrait :sad4::sad4:, parce que, nous adorons tres bien votre energique, joyeux, passionnant et bonheur patinage en competitions;;;;
Mais la vie dure et la vie est long. Bonne chance a la deuxieme phase de votre vie! :hap10::hap10:

(Hoping I've written just okay... to French-speaking members, pls help and correct me if wrong. :eek::)

Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight
Cher Florent,
Merci mille fois des votre fantastique peformances longtemps! :)

Nous sommes tres tres triste de votre retrait :sad4::sad4:, parce que, nous adorons tres bien votre energique, joyeux, passionnant et bonheur patinage en competitions;;;;
Mais la vie dure et la vie est long. Bonne chance a la deuxieme phase de votre vie! :hap10::hap10:

(Hoping I've written just okay... to French-speaking members, pls help and correct me if wrong. :eek::)

Oww this is cute !!! I'll help you a bit if you allow me :)
"vos fantastiques performances"
You'd rather say "retraite" for retirement.
You can only say "nous adorons (très bien is not needed, if you want to put an emphasis you can say" beaucoup" but It's not used after "adore" considered as strong enough alone) votre énergie* (energique is the adjective), joie, passion (the words you used are the adjectives for the words Joy, passion) dans le patinage en compétition"
Then "la vie est longue*" (feminine for long).
Finally you say "bonne chance pour (for)".

Hope it helps! :)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Ah, right, I've forgotten the tails of adjectives should be changed according to masculine/feminine AND singular/plural of its nouns in French! :hslap: Also, your is should be either votre(singular) or vos(plural). As for pour, i was a bit irresolute which one to pick up; pour(for) or a(to/at). Merci beaucoup, Pika! ^^)/

With sweet help by Pika, here goes again:
-------------------------------------------------

Cher Florent
Merci mille fois des vos fantastiques performances longues annees! :)
Nous sommes tres tres tristes de votre retraite :sad4::sad4:, parce que, nous adorons votre energie, joie, passion et bonheur dans le patinage en compétition;;;;;
Mais, la vie dure et la vie est longue. Bonne chance pour la deuxieme phase de votre vie! :hap10::hap10:

Last edited:

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Nice feature on Amodio's last competition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp2CiVuFhKs
He repeats."It's a dream... it's a dream" adding that it was the skate of his life and he's so happy of having offered it to the audience.
All his family came to watch him skate. At 1:05 you can see his mother, who says that she always cries at competition, whether Flo does well or not.
After the skate, Florent says that it was perfect. The speaker explains that a medal was in line, but he didn't get it for less than 2 points.

Then there is this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeRYEVtED8Y
He says that it was a dream come true, He's very happy about the connection with the audience.
He's asked about the Brazilian music for his FP, and he answers that he loves it because of his roots, and that skating should be a dance, like that.
He's happy and proud of having landed a quadruple, since he has had problems with it.
About his career, he says that there were highs and lows, and that he's proud of coming back at his best level for his last competition.
About his rivalry with Brian Joubert, he's like a big brother to him, their emulation was good for both of them and for Team France.
The interviewer defines Flo and Morozov's relationship a "love-hate" one. According to Flo, Morozov is like family to him, he taught him so much, he's happy he was with him for his last competition.
Now what? Florent wants to become a choreographer in order to "help figure skating to develop and to be in touch with the audience", but first and foremost he wants to become a journalist, taking it one step at the time.
He's booked for many shows, in April he will tour with Team France. Once again, he speaks about his need to connect with the audience, saying that it helped him very much during his career.

Pika

Final Flight
Ah, right, I've forgotten the tails of adjectives should be changed according to masculine/feminine AND singular/plural of its nouns in French! :hslap: Also, your is should be either votre(singular) or vos(plural). As for pour, i was a bit irresolute which one to pick up; pour(for) or a(to/at). Merci beaucoup, Pika! ^^)/

With sweet help by Pika, here goes again:

Cher Florent
Merci mille fois des vos fantastiques performances longtemps! :)
Nous sommes tres tres triste de votre retraite :sad4::sad4:, parce que, nous adorons votre energie, joie, passion et bonheur dans le patinage en compétition;;;;;
Mais, la vie dure et la vie est longue. Bonne chance pour la deuxieme phase de votre vie! :hap10::hap10:

Deedee1 there are few things I just realized I forgot.
In your first sentence, you would rather say "pour vos fantastiques performances". What did you mean by putting "longtemps" at the end of the sentence?
Also a bit of detail, don't forget the plural for adjectives as you said, you must put an "s" at the end of "triste".
Anyway French is a hard langage and you're on the right track ;)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Florent Amodio: "We need to give something to the audience"

This is Florent's recent interview with a Hungarian press. Good translation tool would be helpful.

He said he is proud of himself, and satisfied with his last performance to the audience. He also looked back on his competitive career and his experiences in famous ice shows. He seems happy and not to hold any regret in mind.

Last edited: