Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Free Dance

RDiva

Rinkside
YESSSS ISABEL YESSSSS OLIVIER:clap::clap:

But their FD should have been first imo...I much much prefer it to the whinning "je t'aime"

oleada

Record Breaker
I'd have D&S in first in the FD as well. They were just entrancing. Gorgeous, gorgeous program, beautiful skating and transitions galore, which is imo, one thing V/M need to work on.

Final Flight
What is it with today and with wrong ppl winning?!

a bit harsh there....

well maybe the judges were pushing D/S up ....you know...like what judges do to most teams...

but whatever

i dont really care....

they won! :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

allez!

Final Flight
I'd have D&S in first in the FD as well. They were just entrancing. Gorgeous, gorgeous program, beautiful skating and transitions galore, which is imo, one thing V/M need to work on.

true true true

but on the other hand

D/S need to practice fake love:laugh:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
But seriously.... you can watch the broadcasts you've missed, again in the 'recorded shows' section. They'll be on the 10th channel from the top, and will be available for a week or smth. Look for the word that looks like cpNrypHoe kaTaHNE. You can also record things you like and keep them on your comp.

Last edited:

Final Flight
i love how the japanese audience were claping :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: while waiting for the score of D/S

oleada

Record Breaker
If I had to rank the teams in terms of personal enjoyment:

1. K/N
2. D/S (it's close though, I loved both teams)
3. Kerrs

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I don't know what to expect anymore... Alissa CZISNY taking gold? Maybe?

riceplate

On the Ice
D/S need to practice fake love:laugh:
:laugh:

:chorus: V/M win the last two phases of the competition, but only silver. ouch.

GORGEOUS FD by Isabelle & Olivier. Better snap to their dance than at TEB. I really think they need to change that spin - the Y or split variation doesn't look good on her and slows down the rotation.

But yes, D/S should have won the free!!

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
They're good dancers and everything.... just why hire grandparents as stylists?

--- moving to the ladies FS thread ----

Alissa, you gotta win this! I put all my money on you.

oleada

Record Breaker
Interesting, from the protocols, judge 1 gave the following component scores:

Delschoes: 9.00 in Choreography, Performance and Interpretation but 8.00s for the other two. She was also the only one to give them +3s
K&N: 8.00 for Peformance but only 6.50 for transitions.
V&M: 7.00 for Transitions, but 8.00 for performance and interpretation.

Excellent judging! :rock:

Last edited:

Final Flight
If I had to rank the teams in terms of personal enjoyment:

1. K/N
2. D/S (it's close though, I loved both teams)
3. Kerrs

i slightly agree
K/N's program is sooo active ...its like watching cirque du soliel or something such amazing lifts and upbeat choreography

but all teams have such different styles

Mafke

Medalist
K/N's program is sooo active ...its like watching cirque du soliel or something such amazing lifts and upbeat choreography

What am I missing about K/N? They seem like pairs skaters sans jumps to me and I really have a hard time perceiving anything they do as ... dance (even acrobatic dance, even their cd's don't seem much like dances to me)

Final Flight
What am I missing about K/N? They seem like pairs skaters sans jumps to me and I really have a hard time perceiving anything they do as ... dance (even acrobatic dance, even their cd's don't seem much like dances to me)

yeah
but you have to admit...that first lift...with the music is like BAM

and the spider looking one...

oxade21

Match Penalty

Well, that's the whole point!!! When you watch it you do not notice many of the things they do according to the protocols. They have one of the highest TES this season, in fact tonight they had exactly the same as V/M did. They do all the required elements without making us sit and count how many rotations and spins they are doing. Everything looks so bizarre and not dancy that you do not feel like you are watching a very difficult program BUT it IS.