Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 100 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

cocotaffy

Final Flight

Yes it is, nothing new in those extracts. They repeat they had hard time to both manage their challenging FD as well as V/M's return and the fierce competition against them. THey have hired a mental coach which btw, I'm surprised they hadn't done before especially after Gaby's concussion and having to come back mid-season to defend a title and so young at that :shocked: It means V/M's competition is harder to handle than a concussion I guess ;)

I like she doesn't wear her hair in a ponytail, I don't like that style so much and every other female ice dancers is doing it. Gaby is never more charismatic than when she has her hair flying around, bring a bit of wildness. Guillaume went for sober didn't he ? No sleeves, I knew he would go for it again. It might be too sober maybe ? It does look sleek and sexy though.

alain06fr

On the Ice
I respect their choice but I hope they realize it simply comes with the territory. No matter how exceptional the dance there will be hecklers and in the meantime it's the fans who have to suffer until Finlandia :) Oh, :sad21:. But in all seriousness considering the bile that's been poured on V/M, they should really see these comments for what they really are, absolute nonsense.

Actually, to be honest, we were kindly ask to not publish any video but I guess this request doesn't come from Gaby and Guillaume themselves. AFAIK, they don't spend much time reading comments here and there. It's more a concern for their coaches who want to have clean and nice quality videos of their programs to be broadcast on internet rather than bad recordings cutting heads or legs or step sequences, aso. BTW, the French public TV should broadcast the Masters (at least for the seniors) and everything would be fine.

alain06fr

On the Ice
FYI, the French Federation (FFSG) announced yesterday the following:

- Villard-de-Lans will host the FFSG Masters 2017, 2018 & 2019
- Grenoble will host the ISU Grand Prix de France 2017, 2018 & 2019

alain06fr

On the Ice
Yes it is, nothing new in those extracts. They repeat they had hard time to both manage their challenging FD as well as V/M's return and the fierce competition against them. THey have hired a mental coach which btw, I'm surprised they hadn't done before especially after Gaby's concussion and having to come back mid-season to defend a title and so young at that :shocked: It means V/M's competition is harder to handle than a concussion I guess ;)

I think they have a mental coach since they started in Gadbois. Interviewed in Stockholm at 2015 Europeans, they explained they were well prepared in Montréal including mental coaching to handle the competition stress. May be this coach was not mentally strong enough to deal with V/M's comeback ;) More seriously, I think the problem last year was somewhere else. Also, never forget they decided to take up a super challenge with this very complex FD. I remember MF Dubreuil telling us in Paris last year (GP de France) they didn't have any reference for this kind of music. The coaches were not fan (the least I can say) of Stillness-Oddudua, initially submitted by Guillaume. I guess the coaches thought Gabriella would not necessary push for it (somehow playing Gabriella "against" Guillaume) but it was exactly the opposite. Gabriella brought all her weight to support Guillaume and keep this music for the free dance.

I like she doesn't wear her hair in a ponytail, I don't like that style so much and every other female ice dancers is doing it. Gaby is never more charismatic than when she has her hair flying around, bring a bit of wildness. Guillaume went for sober didn't he ? No sleeves, I knew he would go for it again. It might be too sober maybe ? It does look sleek and sexy though.

Yes, you're right. And yes, the dress of Gabriella is so fun. I asked Guillaume yesterday about the design of Gabriella's dress and all the little diamonds/spangles covering both top and bottom of her costume. I know Guillaume hardly use them. He told me the dress must be class by design in first place. Now, if he thinks little diamonds/spangles should be added, then he prefers to cover the dress with it to make it look like a big diamond. "It is all or nothing" he said to me :)
As for Guillaume, his costume matches perfectly the style of rumba dancers were slim dark shirts.

Rossig

On the Ice
More seriously, I think the problem last year was somewhere else. Also, never forget they decided to take up a super challenge with this very complex FD. I remember MF Dubreuil telling us in Paris last year (GP de France) they didn't have any reference for this kind of music. The coaches were not fan (the least I can say) of Stillness-Oddudua, initially submitted by Guillaume. I guess the coaches thought Gabriella would not necessary push for it (somehow playing Gabriella "against" Guillaume) but it was exactly the opposite. Gabriella brought all her weight to support Guillaume and keep this music for the free dance.

But the FD turned out to be a big success. Of course there were some controversies with the music and they needed to make some changes within the season, but overall it turned out it wasn't the real problem. The real problem was SD. They were always so far behind Virtue and Moir, that even the best FD wasn't enough to beat them.

tzazu

Medalist
Some pics of P/C SD. I won't post any video as requested by Gaby & Guillaume.

ImHo, I don't think it's worth to publish links to silly comments though they just demonstrate up to which point some non figure skating fans are frightened by the talent and Gaby & Guillaume's gorgeous SD.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZpCJ7GFL6M/?taken-by=alain06fr
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZpCqUal2XE/?taken-by=alain06fr
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZpDby1lY0-/?taken-by=alain06fr

This SD is a never ending artistic flow where technical elements almost disappear or even better enhance the choreography. It's really stunning, considering the speed of execution.

I love their customes, especially Gabriella's custome :love:

icetigger

On the Ice
Hello. I'm new to this thread, and I'm absolutely in love with G&G.:luv17: I've found a very small piece here. Just to look who Gabi's dress looks in movement. http://skatecanada.tumblr.com/post/165875012723/dreamofawonderfullife-pc-sneak-peek-of-the-sd

now, that looks good. So much flow to the step sequence, and great and memorable transitions............. (Alain had it spot on from what I can see) Can't wait to see the entire thing from Finlandia.

Plus whereas Savchenko and Massot (and I love Savchenko and Massot) and Coomes and Buckland looked slightly under the choreography, Gabi and Guillaume looked on top of it.

CAS

On the Ice
What great and memorable transitions are in that clip? We see only the steps from the blue line and a few seconds of something else (which I read elsewhere was their PSt but that could be wrong).
There is nothing in that clip to give any impression (positive or negative). The only interesting thing to deduct is that if we are seeing the steps from the blue line they might be the first team so far not to put that stop in the middle of their steps (unless it's at the beginning?).

MelDee

Final Flight
The bit of the stsq looks good already! I find that the non-touch stsq is usually where the SDs lose its Latin flavour, because the skaters have to focus on their steps. Not the case for G&G, who make it look like two people dancing together and interacting in their dance.

CAS

On the Ice
It's a lift initiated on a spin movement but still, it's a lift.
One among so many gorgeous moments of the Moonlight Sonata free dance

Thanks, I thought as much. Since you have seen both programs and since the TV station already showed clips from their SD can you confirm what we actually saw? Is the first section the steps (and if so is there a stop in the portion we don't see?) and is the second very brief clip from their PSt?

icetigger

On the Ice
What great and memorable transitions are in that clip? We see only the steps from the blue line and a few seconds of something else (which I read elsewhere was their PSt but that could be wrong).
There is nothing in that clip to give any impression (positive or negative). The only interesting thing to deduct is that if we are seeing the steps from the blue line they might be the first team so far not to put that stop in the middle of their steps (unless it's at the beginning?).
To me the it looks like the tv show used one clip and the second clip is actually directlly after the step sequence. According to the protocol sheet, the twizzles came after the step sequence, so that would make the second clip transitional content and not the partial step.
I consider those transitions like the step sequence to look excellently executed, with real flow. That in itself makes them great and memorable. But they also suggest that Dean has packed this programme with transitional content.....
If you emotionally flatlined watching that clip ("there is nothing in that clip to give any impression (positive or negative)") then I feel that we re far too different people to ever feel any form of connection, because I found it very exciting.

CAS

On the Ice
To me the it looks like the tv show used one clip and the second clip is actually directlly after the step sequence. According to the protocol sheet, the twizzles came after the step sequence, so that would make the second clip transitional content and not the partial step.
I consider those transitions like the step sequence to look excellently executed, with real flow. That in itself makes them great and memorable. But they also suggest that Dean has packed this programme with transitional content.....
If you emotionally flatlined watching that clip ("there is nothing in that clip to give any impression (positive or negative)") then I feel that we re far too different people to ever feel any form of connection, because I found it very exciting.

As I thought.
Emotionally flatlining is a bit dramatic. I like to see context and we haven't yet seen one complete element in this SD to make much of an impression. The only impression I have so far is it seems far more traditional in costume and choreography than I expected and I can't imagine they chose that approach so more is needed to make any impression. Positive or negative because I have read both and feel it's emotions and bias that inspired those comments and not the actual clips.

icetigger

On the Ice
As I thought.
Emotionally flatlining is a bit dramatic. I like to see context and we haven't yet seen one complete element in this SD to make much of an impression. The only impression I have so far is it seems far more traditional in costume and choreography than I expected and I can't imagine they chose that approach so more is needed to make any impression. Positive or negative because I have read both and feel it's emotions and bias that inspired those comments and not the actual clips.

Of course it was emotions and bias that inspired those comments: I found the clip exciting; and I have an in built bias towards quality skating, and interesting, well executed choreography. All that is evident from the clip. I have no problem allowing my emotions and biases inform my expression because they they have a sound intellectual foundation.