Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 98 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

all that

Final Flight
The feeling when you're listening to Ed Sheeran on Youtube and stumble upon an edit of your favourite team skating to one of his songs :biggrin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYe-CcEeqE4

Can't believe that the video has over 700k hits, that's insane!

With that being said... TODAY is the day when we see Gaby and Guillaume skating to Ed Sheeran for real, and I'm sure it's going to be magical. :hap10:

Wow. I really dislike that video. P/C's skating is much too sophisticated for the likes of that music. But the SD is different from the free, so I'm still sure that P/C will have the best SD of the year.

MelDee

Final Flight
Wow. I really dislike that video. P/C's skating is much too sophisticated for the likes of that music. But the SD is different from the free, so I'm still sure that P/C will have the best SD of the year.

My post was meant to illustrate how much their music choice for the SD can score with regular non-skating public, I was quite surprised to discover it today ;)

Anna189

Rinkside
Well, what do you guys think? I'd say 80.54 is a huge score, but I am no expert. I know as they are performing at home now the score is higher. So was it fine other than the twizzles? Damn, now I really do wish we had seen it. :laugh:

MelDee

Final Flight
Well, what do you guys think? I'd say 80.54 is a huge score, but I am no expert. I know as they are performing at home now the score is higher. So was it fine other than the twizzles? Damn, now I really do wish we had seen it. :laugh:

The score is definitely inflated, last year they got like 84 I think. They got higher PCS than last year, but again, not sure if that's really all that telling, since it's a home competition. Seems to be ok other than the twizzles, but I wonder what went wrong there... The lvl2 makes me nervous, but considering that Dean devised a very challenging routine for them, it's probably nothing catastrophic at this point. Good thing that they're getting the programs in front of the international judges next week.

AliAle

On the Ice

I really need a video :laugh:, dying here. Hopefully we'll at least get some pictures with the costumes.
That's a huge score but we all know it doesn't mean much for now, happy to see the L4 on the Rhumba pattern though (and with 3 GOE across the board).

icetigger

On the Ice

They got a huge score last year at masters for both programmes. There were a a couple of non French judges on the panel (but just for the ice dance) so it might be slightly less biased than normal. We will have to see it to make a proper judgement, but it's likely to be to at least some degree inflated.

Anna189

Rinkside
Thank you so much for your answers! :) So the next week will tell us more about the score and, more importantly, we will see the performance! Can't wait!

They didn't wish the number to be recorded today. Alright. What about pictures? :biggrin:

AliAle

On the Ice
Thank you so much for your answers! :) So the next week will tell us more about the score and, more importantly, we will see the performance! Can't wait!

They didn't wish the number to be recorded today. Alright. What about pictures? :biggrin:

At last we'll see the free tomorrow, but yes, come on, people on site need to report back :hap57:.

all that

Final Flight
They got a huge score last year at masters for both programmes. There were a a couple of non French judges on the panel (but just for the ice dance) so it might be slightly less biased than normal. We will have to see it to make a proper judgement, but it's likely to be to at least some degree inflated.

It's not that big, actually. V/M scored 79.96 last week at an ISU competition. Maybe Masters is actually trying to score without inflation in order to help P/C figure out what they need to do next week.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
They all seem to have learn some lessons from last year's mistakes, even the French Fed it seems, inviting some international judges and regulating a bit better the streaming, inviting Dean to choreograph, so on and so forth. There is probably some inflation but maybe not as much as last year. Anyway, we'll know more next week.

all that

Final Flight
If the score holds, its means V/M have no advantage in the SD, and we all know P/C will simply kill it in the FD. P/C are putting everyone on notice that the gold is theirs, and everyone else is just fighting for silver!

cocotaffy

Final Flight
If the score holds, its means V/M have no advantage in the SD, and we all know P/C will simply kill it in the FD. P/C are putting everyone on notice that the gold is theirs, and everyone else is just fighting for silver!

As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm, let's wait for the scores next week and more importantly for Cup of China, the real test, the first official GP outside France. Then we'll know how much of an edge or not they do have. Last season has made me a bit wary of predictions and very careful.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
People trolling. Now I'm thinking how smart and reasonable it was of G&G to ask the audience not to post footage. They know they're be subjected exactly to this kind of comments.

What's sad is that no video is even needed. Anyway, cheap skating and P/C in the same sentence just doesn't compute with me. This is gonna be a loooooooooooooooooong season damnit :drama::furious:

MelDee

Final Flight
What's sad is that no video is even needed. Anyway, cheap skating and P/C in the same sentence just doesn't compute with me. This is gonna be a loooooooooooooooooong season damnit :drama::furious:

Yup, better get that "ignore" button ready :think:

Anna189

Rinkside

:palmf: :disapp: what's wrong with these people? I really don't get that - is it really such fun to talk rubbish about other people? I'm not sure whether they are fans of other teams or they just do this in their speartime, but either way it's disgusting. I remember an interview of Gabriella and Guillaume in Helsinki before the competition started and Guillaume's remark that it was hard to get used to some 'stuff' posted on the internet... now I completely understand their decision not to publish today's SD. I just hope they won't let themselves be effected by these remarks full of nonsense.